SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Minute Swift Boat Ad - "Life at the Hanoi Hilton&q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Last Minute Swift Boat Ad - "Life at the Hanoi Hilton&q Reply with quote

Remember the effect of the DUI on George Bush the last time around?
There's still time to make a HUGE impact on this election - if the Swifties
will REALLY take off the gloves! We need a VISUAL!!!!!!!
Show POWs in the Hanoi Hilton being tortured (at least get the message through that that's what's happening)....AND have John Kerry's
voice piped in.

THIS would make a huge last-minute impression - I believe!!!?????
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to recognize that the majority of people in the US have no idea what a POW is, what the situation was. They have no point of reference. That is why the pundits and the libs can get away with the notion that what happened then is irrelevant now. We have a lot of work to do. We have directed our lives in the hope of peace and that our children and grandchildren will never know of these types of things. We raised them to be peace-loving people. Now we have to present this to them so they will not have history repeat. This is tough on everybody. As my own grown children said when viewing Stoloen Honor. It is just so hard to watch. Their dad has for 30+ years, I lived it I don't need to watch. That has been his response to any and all movies about Viet Nam. But now we have to take on another mission to help the younger ones understand. This will take more than a few weeks. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW wrote:
We need to recognize that the majority of people in the US have no idea what a POW is. CTW

Never Ever Kerry

Haven’t you heard the rumor? Once Kerry is elected he is going to outlaw the display of the POW – MIA symbols from all public places. The reminders are just too painful for him.
Wink Wink

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
PowerPro
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this previously and would love your input:

I believe that the most effective ads are those that show how John Kerry's actions back in the early 70's give insight into his character and how he would lead as commander in chief. There needs to be a real tie in to current events to highlight his lack of character and why that's relevant today.

[NOTE: Please understand - I get the SwiftVets. I understand why they're upset and horrified at the notion of this traitor as being the leader of the armed forces. But the difference is that I was open to considering what the Swiftees said about him and also I can connect the dots as to how this character gap would affect us today. But a lot of people feel this is just old history that needs to be put to rest. Too many, sadly, are simply interested in the "here and now" and what a candidate can do for them. They need to see why John Kerry's past is relevant to today!]

So with less than 1 week to go, I humbly suggest the following as a theme for a Swiftee ad:

======================================

"Opportunist"

<<during the first part of the ad, show clips of current events in Iraq and Afghanistan while scrolling the list of the flag officers to the left side>>

In an open letter this week, over 120 flag officers voiced their opposition of John Kerry, stating John Kerry's most egregious vote was the vote against troops currently fighting in the War on Terror.

"Just weeks earlier, Senator Kerry said that a no vote on the funding would be "irresponsible" and would amount to a vote to "abandon our troops." And yet, that is exactly what Senator Kerry did."

And why you may ask?

"We now know from Senator Biden and from Senator Kerry's own staff that this vote against the troops was cast out of political expediency as a way to stall the momentum of Governor Dean. Senator Kerry voted against troops in combat for his own political benefit."

<<during the second part of the ad, show clips from the Vietnam era - ending with his picture in the Vietnam museum - and scroll the list of POWs and Swiftees on the right side>>

John Kerry has a history of choosing political expediency over troops in combat. While still serving in the Navy Reserves, John Kerry testified before a Senate committee that the courageous men serving in Vietnam were war criminals, guilty of horrific offenses before ceremoneously tossing his medals over a wall. Then he voiced enemy propaganda while our troops were still in harms way and is even honored in their museum as a war hero.

As the letter from this week states, "There is nothing more important than supporting troops at war."

We couldn't agree more.

John Kerry betrayed the troops back then and betrays them still today.

======================================

I know it's way too long for a commercial, so perhaps just the concepts can be used.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you SBVs & POWs FT! Your service to this country is incalculable!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: