SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Confuse the Kerry campaign re: their fraud ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Help Confuse the Kerry campaign re: their fraud ad Reply with quote

Kerry-Edwards 2004, Inc.
P.O. Box 34640
Washington, DC 20043
202-712-3000

Contact the Kerry Campaign directly and urge them to not run that stupid NYT motivated ad!

Of course be cordial as possible for maximum impact...you may even mention that you speak for undecided voters that running such an ad when the facts are still coming forth would be unwise!!

I just called their national campaign and their operator said, 'Yes, we've already released the ad' but he didn't know where the link was to the ad on their own website and suggested I Google or Yahoo to find out. He didn't know even what the ad said...nor did they know if the ad was consistent with the NYTimes article or what was in it...when I told him I'd seen some reference to ad on Drudge he suggested I go there and then got snippy, "You're the one that reads that stuff!" I said to him, "I saw a reference to this ad on Drudge and I decided to call you and ask you about it. Is it OK that I called you?" He then said, "Oh, yeah, yeah, it's OK."

Call them - blast them - they don't know what's going on!

Last edited by sleeplessinseattle on Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A noble thought SIS, but I'd probably have more luck putting a snake inside my shirt and trusting it not to bite me. Evil or Very Mad
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I want to try to stop the Kerry Campaign from self destructing?
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Why would I want to try to stop the Kerry Campaign from self destructing?

Yeah, but tying up the phone lines to DC or your local Kerry campaign and planting doubts in their own minds about what the people above them are doing was/is worth it, IMHO...maybe we plant a bit of doubt and confusion...
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. They think they've got us surrounded, SIS. Leave them to their delusions. This ad campaign will suffer the same ignonimous defeat as the ignorant Fortunate Son campaign ad/idea.

I know it the election appears close and we are getting down to the wire, but steady as we go, everyone. Very Happy

Keep it real, keep it honest, and make 'em pay.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm hoping all but the most rabid looney left will open their eyes and a bit and see :
this is preelection and they would run a story on their mother Shocked if they thought it would get kerry elected. the story is being defused and i guess if the bush people are really worried, they fire one back at them.
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this approach -- something the Kerry campaign can't deal with -- THE TRUTH.

Call up, tell them you are voting against Kerry and THANK THEM FOR RUNNING THE AD.

That should put their heads spinning.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccr wrote:
How about this approach -- something the Kerry campaign can't deal with -- THE TRUTH.

Call up, tell them you are voting against Kerry and THANK THEM FOR RUNNING THE AD.

That should put their heads spinning.

However this happens - calling up the Kerritistas in DC and getting them to spend time on yet another Kerry stupidity just one week before the election will put them on the defensive where they can't afford to be...we'll see how the story plays out...
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Kerry Spot Reply with quote

I agree with the Kerry Spot: http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

Quote:
Steve Schmidt, Bush-Cheney '04 Spokesman, today: "John Kerry demonstrated today that he is not going to let the facts get in the way of his political attacks. He is a candidate who will say and do anything if he perceives there to be an opportunity for political gain. The fact is that John Kerry does not have a plan or vision to fight and win the War on Terror, and he is resorting to a series of baseless attacks and distortions that have been proven false."

Come on, guys. The New York Times, international bureaucrats like Mohamed ElBaradei and the Kerry campaign are coordinating October-surprise hit pieces on President Bush. This is screaming for a tougher response. Something like an attack ad stating, “Kerry is playing Monday Morning Quarterback with the 101st Airborne’s performance in Iraq. In 1971, John Kerry smeared our troops as rapists and butchers then... He’s smearing them as incompetent now. This Nov. 2, show John Kerry what you think of his attacks on our troops."
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Ad Reply with quote

Jim Geraghty at the Kerry Spot says that his comments on an ad using
these statements got more hate mail from the lefties than ANYTHING he has ever written.

The truth hurts.

“Kerry is playing Monday Morning Quarterback with the 101st Airborne’s performance in Iraq. In 1971, John Kerry smeared our troops as rapists and butchers then... He’s smearing them as incompetent now. This Nov. 2, show John Kerry what you think of his attacks on our troops."

The more I think about this, the more that ad has to happen. It also completely kicks the NYT, CBS, and the rest right where it hurts.

Bush has to do something strong. He's on the defensive now and the Clintonistas running Kerry are going to be feeding daily off MSM anti Bush stories.

Kerry is controlling the message now and that's not good coming down the stretch.

Think about the momentum we've lost:

No Swiftboat focus, No POW focus, No Flip Flop stories, No Paris talks, No discharge stories

According to Dick Morris a few days ago, Bush was supposed to gain major momentum because he was able to finally frame Kerry as a liberal. But the explosives story is winning out.

I hope Karl Rove earns his reputation during these next 7 days.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what Ann Coulter said on Scarbourogh

'I like the theory that Saddam had no Weapons Of Massdestruction, Untill Bush Invadad"[/b]
Goldy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Swift Boat Ads Reply with quote

I haven't seen any new ones. Understood that time was going to be bought on Tuesday, are there new ones coming out???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: