SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC World lines up Michael Moore for election coverage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: BBC World lines up Michael Moore for election coverage Reply with quote

Quote:
BBC World lines up Michael Moore for election coverage

Moore: in front of camera for election coverage
Staff, Campaign 11:00 25-10-2004
LONDON - BBC World, the BBC's global commercial service, has unveiled details of its US election coverage.

The 24-hour news and information channel will provide analysis over the next two weeks, with live election night coverage fronted by David Dimbleby.

BBC World will also broadcast a special edition of 'Question Time' featuring film-maker and author Michael Moore, columnist Richard Littlejohn and former Bill Clinton adviser Sidney Blumenthal.

Other discussion programmes feature guests such as Madeleine Albright, George Soros and former CIA director James Woolsey.

Electon night coverage, on November 2, will include a live six-hour results programme including US and international reaction. Hourly news bulletins will support this coverage.

BBC World is broadcast in 200 countries worldwide and reaches 25m households.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/mediabulletin/news_story.cfm?articleID=225935&Origin=MB25102004

Stolen Honor
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy! The Brits are really going to get fair and balanced coverage, aren't they? Shocked Can't you just see it already? Michael Moore and Madeleine Albright? Now isn't that a wholesome twosome! And George Soros? Guess he can't fly to London on the Concorde any more can he? And we've been talking about the "old lame media". Guess Mother BBC doesn't have any honor and respect left now either. Rolling Eyes
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Royal Navy stop broadcasting it on their ships when the war started.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep his crockumentary off the air coming up to the election - although someone posted a link that suggested that f911 actually sent more voters to Bush than to sKerry... Shocked
RogerRabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet I can't get BBC in my area ............DARN
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: former CIA director James Woolsey.
from what I've read in the past, he is on our side in this. I think he believes Saddam was connected to all sorts of terrorits attacks, including the first World TradeCenter attack, 9/11 and the anthrax letters. Maybe they don't know that. Wink
warriormonk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Moore KoolAid anyone? Reply with quote

Perhaps its a good thing Moore did what he did. I am overwhelmed at how many around me think that Moore exposed his mental problems and all joke about how Hollywood has thrown their arms ( it takes several sets ) around the slob. And yes, as with many plans from the dem's, this too has backfired. Even the most hard-headed people seem to be a real sucker for the truth even though they will NEVER ADMIT that in public! And since Moore means "Moore Lies", well, its self evident. Smile
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Moore KoolAid anyone? Reply with quote

warriormonk wrote:
Perhaps its a good thing Moore did what he did. I am overwhelmed at how many around me think that Moore exposed his mental problems and all joke about how Hollywood has thrown their arms ( it takes several sets ) around the slob. And yes, as with many plans from the dem's, this too has backfired. Even the most hard-headed people seem to be a real sucker for the truth even though they will NEVER ADMIT that in public! And since Moore means "Moore Lies", well, its self evident. Smile

He's made himself a reputation as a hate-filled crackpot and substandard propagandist. Nothing he ever does will be given the respect the Enquirer gets. He's just going to be laughed at, and even his liberal pals will shun him, because even they don't want to be seen associating with such a loser when there's no hope of getting anything out of it.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they have a "wide" angle lens on the camera... Laughing
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let this serve as an example of what happens when you don't have a free media. It looks like it's 1984 in England.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't suppose we could get the BBC to keep the lard-@$$ed b@$tard and take him back to London after the election, do you? I can hear it now . . .

"Your Majesty - look what followed us home. Can we keep him?!"

"Certainly not, Mr. Sambrook. We do not have enough donuts in Buckingham Palace to feed him."

(The BBC's news director is Richard Sambrook.)
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM would never stay in the UK, the food sux.

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: