SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To all the Swifties and POW's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: To all the Swifties and POW's Reply with quote

To the Swities,

I know you needed all of us to give for Tuesday and I received the e-mails.

Unfortunately, I cannot give again this time because of my daughter having several surgeries, one was today and I had 2 surgeries in the last 4 months myself. I'm just flat broke and up to my eyeballs in medical debt. (it's been a bad year for me)

I've been spreading the word at my pro-gun forum as well as others I haunt. I stand with you guys on everything even though I'm not your age and not a vet. My uncle was a VN vet and his uncle died there as well, I help because of them.

I gave twice before and I hope it helped, but I will do my best to keep sending e-mails and spreading the word. I've got a home made Swifties sign in the back window of my truck too.

All I can give you is prayers and support until next Tuesday.

Godspeed Swifties and POW's!

Last edited by SangRun Hunter on Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and only do what you personally can do and that is all that can be asked. You take care of family and yourself first and keep passing the word. May things be brighter tomorrow and thanks for your support.
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRung,

Consider yourself covered. After reading your post I went and gave a little more. We're not rich, either, but in this crucial time your post convinced me to make another contribution. Every little bit counts.

I challenge everyone who reads this to give $25 more! There's no free knife or ball-cap, but you might be happier on Nov. 3rd!

I know you kids will come out of this and do great! Hang in there... (and keep on the prayer)

reconflyer
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun, don't feel bad. Family and health always comes first. Your non-financial support and efforts go a long ways too.

I hope you and your daughter are on the mends and get better soon
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reconflyer wrote:
SangRung,

Consider yourself covered. After reading your post I went and gave a little more. We're not rich, either, but in this crucial time your post convinced me to make another contribution. Every little bit counts.

I challenge everyone who reads this to give $25 more! There's no free knife or ball-cap, but you might be happier on Nov. 3rd!

I know you kids will come out of this and do great! Hang in there... (and keep on the prayer)

reconflyer

recon: am trying to donate and can't make the donation site work......any suggestions

Avant
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all you guys for putting your butts on the line. I have never gotten personally involved with an election before in this manner. You guys are teh reason and you gave me hope that real honest stand up men still exist in this day and age.

I'm on the mend and my daughter is doing well today after having part of her ear removed.

Thanks again Swift/POW's!

Special thanks to Mr. O'neil as well. He has taken some licks during all this and he deserves a rest after it's all over.

He also deserves our prayers as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SANG,
great post you put up there
thinkin on tuesday we will get our just rewards.
i want to thank the swiftvets and pow's also.
i only started getting into politics after Clinton was elected, now i'm nonstop with it. Even so much to have posters hanging in my store window which is a business no-no because it can drive away customers, but this time it's personal.
i'll be at mcsorleys ale house nyc, my home away from home (oldest pub in nyc 150 yrs) on wednesday after election
names eddie
hope i'm not crying in my beer. Don't think i will be.
if any in neighborhood stop by.
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: support Reply with quote

SANG;

Same here, I have a special needs son. Things are so thight that all I've been able to do is give up my lunch money.
I can stand to lose a few pounds vs. losing the country.

Hang tough, the swifties, like all of us understand.

These guys are the most honorable bunch I have see in a while.

"Proudly served then, Proudly serving now"

Go swifties, sink the traitor.

Steve Christensen
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avant wrote:

recon: am trying to donate and can't make the donation site work......any suggestions

Avant

I couldn't donate from work ... we're on a (poorly designed and managed) proxy server.
My guess is that the SSL port is not 443, but something 'strange'.
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRunHunter,
Please accept my best wishes for you and your daughter and that she will be feeling better in no time. My best wishes for you too, STEVEC. It is tough when you have medical needs, besides the everyday stresses, so I think you are doing a great job supporting this wonderful group. My son has had a kidney disease for the past 10 years, and I think I have an extra-special feeling for John O'Neill because I read that he decided to do something about preventing John Kerry from being the next president when he saw him on TV just having won the primary, while John O'Neill was recovering from donating a kidney to his wife!!! I KNEW this man was a good man (who loved his wife) and that I just had to support him and spread the word to my little circle of friends and family. I have never been involved in elections as I am this one. We all try to do what we can and you seem to be doing beyond the call of duty considering what you have on your plate. GREAT JOB!!

~ILuvTheUsa
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,
I just took reconflyer's advice and donated $50. Hope this starts something tonight!!! Very Happy
~ILuvTheUsa
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just took reconflyer's advice and donated $50. Hope this starts something tonight!!!
~ILuvTheUsa

To steal Hannity's line, "you are a great American!"

reconflyer

GO SWIFTIES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: