SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I rubbing it in???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Am I rubbing it in??? Reply with quote

Sorry if this seems to be old news now but,:

After this election is over, someone here's gotta organize a blacklist over newspapers, TV-channels, actors, "celebrities", singers that practice political prostitution.

Maybe we should organize a subsection in this swifte website and keep raising funds for THAT particiular issue. Then, as we hve gathered enough collective boycott support, we should all cut out all these tumors at the same time and inform.... the Media.

Again, sorry for rubbing this in, but it means AAAAALLLLLOOOOTTTT to me and also the future of a fair democratic development in this country.

Need some wood?!?!
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince,

At the very least we need to make an impact in the market that the market will hear - Fox News proves that the market will listen - like it or not! But such a list and organized boycotts by those that have the productive means in this country would be welcomed by this consumer...good idea...

What would the criteria be? Anyone that's a Dem? kidding...(but that may be pretty darn close!)
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleeplessinseattle wrote:
Prince,

At the very least we need to make an impact in the market that the market will hear - Fox News proves that the market will listen - like it or not! But such a list and organized boycotts by those that have the productive means in this country would be welcomed by this consumer...good idea...

What would the criteria be? Anyone that's a Dem? kidding...(but that may be pretty darn close!)

We wil have to make a collective vote and simply rank the ones getting the most "votes". I am sure this will become a snowball, might evennnnnnnn frighten the MSM so much when they poick up the story..
"Will we be boycotted"?

"Have our ratings gone down">

"This is unfair"?

"We love Bush"?

Need some wood?!?!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Am I rubbing it in??? Reply with quote

[quote="PrinceLazar"]Sorry if this seems to be old news now but,:

After this election is over, someone here's gotta organize a blacklist over newspapers, TV-channels, actors, "celebrities", singers that practice political prostitution.

Maybe we should organize a subsection in this swifte website keep .

Again, sorry for rubbing this in, but it means AAAAALLLLLOOOOTTTT to me and also the future of a fair democratic development in this country.[/quote]

I dont think that would be a bad idea, these idiots need to be kept in check. For one kerry needs to be followed like pac-man back to Mass for the lives he cost in the 70's and now in 03 while at war! A "black list" would be nice as a guide for decision making while spending your money. You know in 4 years we are going to be hearing the same propaganda that will help terrorists, but it will be hildabeast doing it. I think a web site like this could be workable, that way there would be people all over the map to stop the big three from lying to help foriegn crooks dictate what Americans (real Americans) choose. Im not a computer wiz but I would like to know what kind of bucks it would take to have a site,a forum, to keep the lice in check? Cool
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Bruce, Willie, Cher, Bon Jovi, et all will never get my bucks again. Neither will Viggo, Damon, Affleck, Ashton, Clooney, the eldest Baldwin, Brad or any of those punks I will not spend a buck on them again ever. That is the only way I can voice my displeasure, oh did I forget Pis daddy.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to revive the House Committee on Un-American Activities (or whatever it used to be called). People need to held accountable for anti-Americanism, and yellow journalism cannot be legally tolerated. CBS and the New York Times should be shut down and not allowed to operate anymore. They are threatening our national security. We cannot let the ACLU bring us to destruction under the guise of free speech. We need new laws concerning treason. I wonder how many of our men have died & been wounded in Afganistan and Iraq because of the actions of the media, Kerry & his people. It must be stopped totally and completely.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not be petty. Threatening the Networks with boycott is for me hollow. I haven't watched them in 20 years. Their deminishing share, 'Star' payrolls and (if we win) FCC and FEC liabiltiy will doom them in the eyes of their corporate overlords. The big dailies likewise are fading with literacy to merely a source of grocery ads and pet hygeine. What the coming world looks like is still unknowable. The old media doesn't pass the float test.

This site, well disciplined, well monitored and self correcting is a fine model of our hopes for the future. Admin, I give BZs and brooms on the mast for your diligence and equanimity.

That's not to say we shouldn't nail the bastards at MSM. I think derision a better tool than bilious anger. Let them die on the vine (to paraphrase Newt).
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcknz: HUAC? Please let's not go there. It belongs in the dust bin of history with the Sedition Acts. Annointing federal magistrates or congressional cabals to adjudicate 'unAmericanism' is a pernicious threat to liberty and anethema to the Constitution. Lincoln and his field commanders were able to suspend habeaus corpus under color of war (jailing congressman, magistrates, state legislators and journalists) but it was an extraordinary measure in an extraordinary time.
Rather, these threats to the common weal should be adjudicated under laws of equity, libel and well, treason is treason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: