SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander in Chief Kerry will have to reinstate the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbonds
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Commander in Chief Kerry will have to reinstate the draft Reply with quote

Kerry will have to reinstate the draft because his election will result in a mass exodus of troops out of the military. Commander in Chief Kerry, the man who blames the military for war crimes, would join the world court and submit/allow US troops to be prosecuted.
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only pray that will not be necessary. However, those who are serving, do so to support and defend the constitution. I didn't retire when I did wholly because Clinton was in office, but I was tired of trying to justify some of his policies to my troops.

I joined right after the fall of the Embassy in Saigon (don't fault me, I was only 17). Ford was President and we soon had Jimmy Carter. I'm sure there were vets at the time who figured the end had come as far as the Military was concerned. After hitting bottom with Desert One, we brought ourselves back under President Reagan.

Unfortunately, Americans have a very short sight of history and this is a cycle we always repeat. When I was leaving active duty, I looked at the kids just coming in. I almost had a heart attack when I heard a young Marine complaining to his bud that he didn't want to dump trash at sea. He was worried about the environment. I feared that public schools and Patsy Schroeder had completely destroyed our warrior spirit.

I thought this generation just doesn't have it. I figured it would be a matter of decades before we were all speaking Chinese. I can't begin to tell you how proud I was of those young Marines and Soldiers sweeping across the desert last year. The heart and soul of America beats strong and proud inside these warriors.

Chesty, you can roll back over now.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: