SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding Kerry Giving Up Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Regarding Kerry Giving Up Florida Reply with quote

I have seen several different blog reports about the Kerry campaign giving up in Florida. A sure sign would be an absence of local (not network) advertising by the Kerry camp.

Anyone in Florida? Have you noticed a difference in the amount of advertising?

Real curious.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say. There are a lot of ads but I wasn't paying attention to if they were pac ads or kerry ads. I'll try and notice and report back.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tiredoflaundry
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Tampa Bay I'm still seeing & hearing Kerry lies by others not by the DNC
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bush wins Florida, the lawyers will be out in large numbers, many people will claim to have been intimidated out of voting or conned, etc. (of course just as in the last election they haven't been able to provide 1 real person). Expect the lawsuits to fly. They don't talk much about their attempts to deny the military it's voting rights. They used the excuse that many times APO mail doesn't get timestamped therefore can't be used.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Kerry giving up Florida? Reply with quote

I don't live in FL, but it would be political suicide for Kerry to give up FL.

According to http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Presidential_04/RCP_EC.html

Bush has 234 EV, Kerry has 228 EV, and there are six toss-up states:
FL(27), OH(20), WI(10), MN(10), NM(5), and NH(4), to which we should probably add HI(4), since the last two polls show Bush leading there by a slim margin.

If Bush wins FL, he's up to 261 EV, and would need only 9 more to win the Presidency. Any ONE of OH, WI, or MN; or NM and either NH or HI; would clinch it for him.

From Kerry's point of view, he would have to sweep the three big states (OH, WI, and MN) AND win one of the three small states (NM, NH, HI)--a really tall order because Bush has slight leads in OH, WI, NM and HI.

If Kerry won FL, he would be up to 255 EV. He could win the presidency by winning OH; or WI and MN; or one of them and NM. There would be a lot more winning combinations, and the possibility of winning the Presidency even if Bush wins some of the non-FL tossups.

Kerry's not that stupid--he won't pull out of Florida!!! We can't afford to misunderestimate him!
MTS17446
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry giving up Florida? Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
I don't live in FL, but it would be political suicide for Kerry to give up FL.

According to http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Presidential_04/RCP_EC.html

Bush has 234 EV, Kerry has 228 EV, and there are six toss-up states:
FL(27), OH(20), WI(10), MN(10), NM(5), and NH(4), to which we should probably add HI(4), since the last two polls show Bush leading there by a slim margin.

If Bush wins FL, he's up to 261 EV, and would need only 9 more to win the Presidency. Any ONE of OH, WI, or MN; or NM and either NH or HI; would clinch it for him.

From Kerry's point of view, he would have to sweep the three big states (OH, WI, and MN) AND win one of the three small states (NM, NH, HI)--a really tall order because Bush has slight leads in OH, WI, NM and HI.

If Kerry won FL, he would be up to 255 EV. He could win the presidency by winning OH; or WI and MN; or one of them and NM. There would be a lot more winning combinations, and the possibility of winning the Presidency even if Bush wins some of the non-FL tossups.

Kerry's not that stupid--he won't pull out of Florida!!! We can't afford to misunderestimate him!

You nailed it...No way Kerry would give up Florida. Too many Electoal Votes. Of course, if Kerry does win Florida, I hope Bush wins Minnesota (10), Wisconsin (10), and Iowa (7) to take 27 away from Kerry and have eveything end up where it left off.

And if Bush wins another poll in Hawaii, I will have more confidence that Bush has actually taken over in that state. Hard to call it on two polls that are within the MoE...especially a Newspaper poll.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk shortly
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the Detroit News this morning and they now have Michigan as a dead heat. I really didn't think that possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: