SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The MSM, Kerry's cancer and other secrets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: The MSM, Kerry's cancer and other secrets Reply with quote

I have two thoughts of why the MSM will not dutifully report what they know about John Forbes Kerry.

1) As most people already know the MSM is definitely biased towards Kerry and against Bush. This has been recently reported with the normal yawns from the MSM.

2) Kerry gives them many new stories to write about. Blockbuster stories that may have been addressed in these forums in detail or briefly. I envision 60 minutes coming out with a story and film of Kerry burning a U.S. flag. Of course, it would not be shown until after his mid-term elections (Heaven forbid that he ever even gets elected).

Addressing these "new" news stories:

The first "new" story after the election will be that Kerry is a cancer survivor. How many of the voters know that he has had cancer surgery within the year? My guess is about 10%. This is important because he picked John Edwards, a first and last term senator, to be his vice-presidential nominee. That is one reason Kerry does not brag about his cancer. That and we do not know that he has survived his cancer as it is that recent.

Kerry was a member of the radical VVAW. I guess about 50% or more know about that, but less than 10% probably know that he voted on assassinating U.S. senators while a leader of that group. Nor do they know that Kerry said he wasn't there but later said that he did not remember only after a small portion of his FBI files came to light within the last year, proving that he was.

To us these are blockbuster stories that hardly any of the media will report much less the MSM. And we know it is 100% true. To some 70% of the voters these are important stories that should be told, but they don't know the stories exist.

The MSM will point to both of my examples and say yes they were reported (before and during the democrats primaries). My response to them is, then why doesn't any of the voters know about them!?

Only the diehard democrats and 700, 000 or so people who have read UFC know these secrets. Though others exist (e.g., the cancer).

Please, address other Kerry secrets that need to be at the top of these forums for at least the next few days. Unreleased medical files, military files and FBI files among them. Obviously, we don't want to replicate a lot of existing threads so please post his secrets here in a single post. Highlight his secrets for quick reference.

I hate Kerry but I'm enraged at the media. We deserve better.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone hear the caller today on a CSpan show that stated Kerry was actually of Jewish decent and their name had been KOHN until they emigrated to the US? Debunk this if it is not true. CTW
Never Ever Kerry

John Kerry has Jewish roots -- who knew?
PETER EPHROSS

Jewish Telegraphic Agency

NEW YORK -- First it was then-Secretary of State Madeleine Albright. Next it was Gen. Wesley Clark, the supreme allied commander of NATO during the war in Kosovo.

Now it's Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry whose Jewish roots are being reported.

Kerry? The Massachusetts senator, the quintessential WASP-y looking politician with an Irish-sounding name?

Yup.

Two of Kerry's grandparents were Jewish, it turns out.

Kerry, who is a practicing Catholic, said he has known for 15 years that his paternal grandmother was Jewish, but had unsuccessfully searched for news of his paternal grandfather's roots.

However, a genealogist hired by the Boston Globe found that Kerry's grandfather was born to a Jewish family in a small town in the Czech Republic.

"This is incredible stuff," Kerry told the Globe. "I think it is more than interesting. It is a revelation."

The records show that his grandfather, Frederick Kerry, was born as Fritz Kohn. He changed his name to Kerry in 1902, immigrated to the United States in 1905 -- and committed suicide in a Boston hotel in 1921.

Frederick Kerry's story highlights the Jewish experience of earlier generations, Brandeis University professor Jonathan Sarna said.

"What we are realizing is how significant was the trend toward conversion and abandonment of Judaism, for the sake of upward mobility, in an earlier era of America," said Sarna, the Braun professor of American Jewish history at

the school in Waltham, Mass. "Given the quite significant anti-Semitism of the early 20th century and the evident obstacles that stood in the path to success, people simply changed their names and sloughed off their Judaism."

But that path wasn't always successful, Sarna said.

Kerry's grandfather's suicide apparently stemmed from financial troubles. But one could wonder if, by changing his name and identity, the man had cut himself off from any sense of community, Sarna said.

The Kerry story also might hold lessons for the present and future makeup of American Jewry, Sarna said. According to current statistics, millions of Americans like Kerry may have Jewish roots but don't consider themselves Jewish.

Of course, several people contact the American Jewish Historical Society every year asking for help in their search for Jewish roots.

The e-mails usually run along the lines of, "My name is Kelly Smith, but my grandmother's name was Sara Goldstein," said Michael Feldberg, the executive director of the historical society, which is based in New York.

Kerry said he had asked cousins and searched on the Internet, but had found only bits of information on his family history.

The news does not appear to have major political ramifications.

There was an initial hubbub when Albright, secretary of state in the Clinton administration, learned in 1997 that three of her four grandparents were Jewish.

The next time she was in Prague, Albright visited the Pinkas Synagogue, where the names of her paternal grandparents are inscribed on a wall among thousands of Czech Jews who died in the Holocaust.

Observers say the revelation about Kerry is unlikely to affect the 2004 presidential race.

"There's no question there's a lot of pride in a Jewish candidate and pride in family Jewish connections, but the American Jewish community is fairly mature in its political behavior," said Ira Forman, the executive director of the National Jewish Democratic Council.

As far as non-Jews go, "had it come out in 1953 instead of 2003, it would have been fatal to his presidential ambitions," Feldberg said, but not in today's world.

Kerry's revelation adds another Jewish flavor to the 2004 race for the Democratic presidential nomination. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-Conn.), who declared last month that he will seek the nomination, is an observant Jew.

Another contender, former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, is married to a Jewish woman and is raising his children as Jews.

JTA correspondent Matthew E. Berger in Washington contributed to this report.

For more JTA stories, go to http://www.jta.org
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about other medical conditions like his Mental Illness!!

Sleepless in Cam Ranh Bay
LINK TO TERESA STORY

LINK ABOUT PARASOMNIA

August 27th, 2004

The President of the United States holds the most demanding job in the world. The physical and mental fitness of a candidate are matters of legitimate concern for voters. The refusal of John F. Kerry to release his complete medical records should be disconcerting to the press and public. All the more so, given disturbing indications that there may be serious questions about Kerry’s health and his ability to perform in office, questions which could be resolved only by the full release of his medical records.

For ordinary jobs, everyone is entitled to the presumption of physical and mental fitness. The Americans with Disabilities Act forbids negative employment judgments based on all but obviously disabling conditions. But the Presidency is not an ordinary job. The welfare and very survival of all of us are at stake. This employment decision is by popular vote, and we voters are entitled to consider anything and everything.

John F. Kerry is a cancer survivor. Fortunately, his prostate cancer was detected early, and treated with a procedure which claims a 97% rate of positive outcomes. Even though prostate cancer is the second biggest cancer killer of men in the United States, his surgeon, Dr. Patrick Walsh, chief urologist at Johns Hopkins Hospital, assures us that there is a 95% chance that he will be cancer free in ten years.

John Kerry faced up to his cancer bravely. His prompt treatment of it is a model for the rest of us to emulate. He even likened it to – what else? -- his Vietnam experience:

"The cancer, frankly, was -- it's strange. I think it's a reflection of the experience that I went through in Vietnam, that I didn't feel particularly threatened. That I felt: `I'm going to conquer this.' And it's why I had a confidence that I could run for president.”

So, curiously enough, one of the most serious diseases imaginable, cancer, is not really a serious concern, at least in terms of its threat to candidate Kerry’s longevity. For that, we are all thankful. But there is another curious circumstance:

Doctors found the tumor after Kerry took a series of medical tests in November and December[2002] in preparation for releasing his medical records to reporters in connection with his presidential bid. [emphasis added]

Yet following his successful treatment, Kerry did not release his medical records, despite the fact that he had intended to do so, and despite the fact that this intention may have saved his life. To date, the national press corps has been entirely incurious as to why Kerry reversed himself, and has refused to provide information which the voters need, and which he had announced his intention to provide.

It seems reasonable to have questions about what further treatments candidate Kerry is receiving, and what their effects on his health, energy, and mental clarity might be. Is he receiving any drugs or hormones, or other substances which have the potential of impairing him, mentally, emotionally, or physically? We don’t know. He could easily reveal this information, but refuses to do so.

Much more troubling than cancer, however, are indications, from those who know him well, that John Kerry suffers from parasomnia, a sleep disorder, which can manifest in many ways, including insomnia, sleepwalking, night terrors, and restless leg syndrome, among others.

The irrepressible Teresa Thierstein Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry has provided vivid first hand testimony of her husband’s sleep disorder:

When Kerry is asked about the nightmares that haunted his sleep for years after he returned from Vietnam, he shrugs. "I don't think I've had a nightmare in a long time," he says. But then Heinz begins to mimic Kerry having a Vietnam nightmare.

"Down! Down, down!" she yells, patting her hands down on her auburn hair.

"I haven't gotten slapped yet," she says. "But there were times when I thought I might get throttled." [emphasis added]

Kerry quivers his right foot [emphasis added] and steers the discussion to the counseling programs he has supported for Vietnam veterans. Asked if he has been in therapy himself, he non-answers [emphasis added]. "It doesn't bother me anymore, I just go back to sleep."

Parasomnia runs in families, and is suspected of being at least partially genetic in origin. It often begins in childhood. It is therefore quite interesting to note that John Kerry’s War Journal from his Vietnam service show evidence of sleep disorders:

You wake up with a start thinking that something is wrong [emphasis added] and you grab the bars over your rack and swing down onto the metallic deck in the main cabin. Suddenly you are really awake and realize sheepishly that the startled concern that consumes you is prompted only by the conglomeration of noises that fill POF 44 and the fitful sleep that has characterized the nights on patrol. This is the fourth time during the night that sleep has been startled into movement - and each time the boat was riding smoothly and quietly. [emphasis added] Once you were so sure of danger that you ran up into the pilot house and grabbed the throttles only to laugh with you men at your over-concern and reaction but deep inside you know and understand the pressures that are being brought to play with the mind and the body. And once you laughed at the Captain who talked in his sleep and who demanded that he be notified of any and all changes.

Sleep is probably one of the biggest battles of all [emphasis added] on patrol. There is the constant temptation just to let go and relax and sleep all night -- trusting to the enth degree the young men who man your boat and who make up your watch sections. Eventually you begin to succumb and leave you life and that of the boat in your mouth and with eye lids that cascade down over dirty cheekbones, the sleep is light and restless.

Commander Robert “Friar Tuck” Brant has publicly said that he bunked with Kerry in Vietnam (when he was a Lt. and a Swiftie in 1968) and that he often had to get up in the middle of the night and put Kerry back into bed after Kerry had gotten up while still asleep and gone for a sleepwalk.

Kerry and Brant slept in the same quarters, and Brant used to put Kerry back to bed at night when Kerry was sleepwalking

Suggestive, but by no means conclusive, evidence that parasomnia may have bedeviled John Kerry when he was even younger comes from the record recorded by his high school band, The Electras. One of the tracks on the album was entitled “Sleepwalking.” Could this have been the band’s little bit of fun?

It may be tempting to dismiss parasomnia as a minor affliction. But a clinical description contains the following information:

Parasomniacs may look as if they are awake, but they are clinically asleep. One of the best known parasomnias is night terrors, extreme and animated versions of nightmares. The sleeper may scream or shout, suddenly leap up from bed - it's as if they have been woken in the middle of a terrible crisis, which in a way they have. Typically, the sleeper experiences a sense of terrible danger and will twist and fight and scream in an effort to defend themselves. It's a frightening and potentially dangerous experience for bed partners, who may also find themselves attacked [see Teresa’s testimony above] in mistake for the dangerous presence. Parasomniacs may sleepwalk into other rooms, even run into walls and windows. They can wake up covered in bruises and blood but with little or no memory of their actions or details of the terror. Others recall their dreams in vivid and violent detail.[…]

Treatment is not with intensive psychotherapy but with sedatives [emphasis added] which act as REM suppressants. 'They don't stop REM sleep,' says Ebrahim, 'but they calm it down. It's as if the REM segment has become over stimulated and medication normalises it.'
[...]

The dreams of post-traumatic stress sufferers attest to the power of the psyche to invade our sleep, while the enormous variety of our sleeping and dreaming experiences reveal that the mind, as well as the brain, guides our sleeping selves as much as our waking ones. 'We treat patients with medication, psychotherapy, CBT, acupuncture or a mixture of them all,' says Ebrahim. 'I am a doctor, but in treating sleep disorders, we have to address the physical, emotional and spiritual - our sleeping lives encompass the whole range of what makes us who we are.'

Is Kerry getting medical and or psychological treatment including drugs or counseling for parasomnia or any other sleep disorder? If he is not getting therapy for it now, did he ever get therapy for it in the past - and if so what kind of therapy?

To answer these questions, Kerry MUST release his complete medical records.

According to the New York Daily News, the Kerry campaign considers mental health to be a perfectly valid subject of controversy, at least when it concerns one of their political opponents. James Zumwalt, son of illustrious Adm. Elmo Zumwalt, is said to be the subject of a dossier compiled by campaign opposition researchers, because he testified in support of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. He is said to have

attempted to kill himself with an overdose of prescription drugs," after the murder of his ex-wife's fiance, John Kowalczyk, according to the dossier.

Blogger Ed Morrisey aptly comments:

at least the Democrats have agreed in principle that medical records should be released as a basis for public debate in this presidential cycle. Bush released his, now Zumwalt's are out in the open -- so where are Kerry's?

Politics aside, sleep disorders have the potential of seriously impairing judgment. Nearly everyone has the experience of making bad decisions, losing self-control, or simply being sub-par in our job performance, when we aren’t sleeping well. A President of the United States has to be prepared to handle terror attacks, nuclear threats, and other extreme challenges. A lack of good judgment or job performance due to ongoing sleep issues could have an impact far beyond the sufferer or his family.

President Bush has been far more open about releasing important information than has Senator Kerry, who behaves as if he has secrets he wants to keep buried. President Bush has released his and his wife’s tax returns, whereas John Kerry has chosen to keep secret his wife’s tax returns, despite the fact that his lifestyle depends on her money, not his own, and the fact that his campaign was kept alive by mortgaging “his share” of the Beacon Hill mansion he could not have purchased with his own money.

To put an end to questions about his service in the Air National Guard, President Bush released his entire military record, while candidate Kerry refuses to sign Form 180, releasing all of his military records. And, of course, President Bush has released his complete medical records.

The public has a right to know if the man who may be our next president is healthy – or not. The electorate has the right to any and all relevant information about a candidate which can aid in forming an opinion as to that candidate's fitness for office. Health is certainly one of them. We are long past the time when it is or should be acceptable for a candidate to cover-up his ill-health.

It is now a matter of public record that another man with the initials JFK covered up his suffering from Addison’s Disease, and his reliance on a variety of drugs to alleviate his chronic back pain. Most commentators have agreed that this cover-up was a shameful episode, that the public had a right to know the condition of the man who led them through perilous times. Kennedy’s Presidency may have been adversely affected by his condition and its therapies, though such opinions can only be speculative.

The American public deserves to know that there is serious reason for concern over the health of the other JFK, too, and that he should avoid emulating the first JFK’s deception of the American public about the true state of his health.

Daniel Aronstein is a screenwriter and artist who lives in Manhattan. He has been a registered Democrat since 1974.

Thomas Lifson is the editor and publisher of The American Thinker.

Daniel Aronstein and Thomas Lifson

LINK TO TERESA STORY

LINK ABOUT PARASOMNIA

SBD
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised that Kerry didn't use the cancer for his benifit by making it public... That's the ONLY sympathy I feel for him.

About him having Jewish blood in him... I remember reading something about that a couple of weeks ago... can't remember the link though..
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't give a hoot in hell less about Kerry's heritage. He's the candidate, not his ancestors. We judge him.

However, his medical history very much concerns me. Early onset prostate cancer tends to be aggressive - and even fairly early surgical treatment sometimes doesn't get it all. The though of a President with a mental disorder that might significantly cloud his judgement through lack of sleep - or overmedication - is enough to give ME insomnia. So is the though of "Breck Girl" taking over as President if, God forbid, Kerry was elected and became disabled.

Frankly, given the choice I'd rather Kerry made his medical records public before he made the rest of his Navy records public.

Last edited by Hondo on Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will never bring up the cancer, because it will subject him to the same treatment the Dems gave to Bob Dole, i.e. "too old and sickly."

A significant segment of th population would prefer to have a very healthy Bush as President than a potentially cancerous Kerry, regardless of the prognosis.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: this spin from him. Reply with quote

I'm John Kerry and you know I talk to much about

myself to have time to sleep walk, no way would I

as President and "COMANDER AND CHIEF" ever

sleep on the job, I never go to my job's I have

others to do that kind of stuff, why I will be in

France doing ------- you know things not needing

sleep.

Next question "cutie currick you little doll you"
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, two devils are trying to control the White House.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The MSM, Kerry's cancer and other secrets Reply with quote

llano wrote:

Kerry was a member of the radical VVAW. I guess about 50% or more know about that, but less than 10% probably know that he voted on assassinating U.S. senators while a leader of that group. Nor do they know that Kerry said he wasn't there but later said that he did not remember only after a small portion of his FBI files came to light within the last year, proving that he was.

I just want to clarify something on that point. John Kerry was in attendance, did in fact deny that he was, but he did not go along with the assasination plot.
Of course this has not stopped him from hiring those who did to work on his Campaign Staff either.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale wrote:
Kerry will never bring up the cancer, because it will subject him to the same treatment the Dems gave to Bob Dole, i.e. "too old and sickly."

A significant segment of th population would prefer to have a very healthy Bush as President than a potentially cancerous Kerry, regardless of the prognosis.

Don't count on that.
I can think of two approaches:
(a) one would be to compare himself with Lance Armstrong (which is an amazing story, in my opinion).
(b) since I've got it myself, and will be having yet another 'surgery' soon, I told a couple co-workers today, "don't worry about a thing. They say mine isn't lethal, and I'll be back to the forty-fifty percent you're all used to seeing in no time flat. In the meantime, you can just pamper me. Especially you females."

Kerry doesn't have the sense of humor required for (b), though, and I can definetly see himself comparing his situation with Lance Armstrong.
MotherGoose
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Parasomnia Reply with quote

When I read about parasomnia, I didn't realize it, but I had that for years and years. I also had hyperthyroidism.....and after I was treated, the sleep disorder went completely away and has never returned. That has been nine years ago.

Maybe Johnnie should have his thyroid level checked!
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, his medical history very much concerns me. Early onset prostate cancer tends to be aggressive - and even fairly early surgical treatment sometimes doesn't get it all.

You may be wrong on this one according to my urologist. I just finished treatments 6 months ago ane he indicated we could hold off a bit if I wanted to because it is not that aggressive. 44 radiation treatments and I got a clean bill with no probable occurence for at least 10 years. He said I'd probably go due to my crankiness before the disease got me and thats why I am such a nice guy now
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
Quote:
However, his medical history very much concerns me. Early onset prostate cancer tends to be aggressive - and even fairly early surgical treatment sometimes doesn't get it all.

You may be wrong on this one according to my urologist. I just finished treatments 6 months ago ane he indicated we could hold off a bit if I wanted to because it is not that aggressive. 44 radiation treatments and I got a clean bill with no probable occurence for at least 10 years. He said I'd probably go due to my crankiness before the disease got me and thats why I am such a nice guy now

I don't have prostate cancer, but it sounds like we have the same urologist.
I've had to point out that I was not cranky before I needed a urologist.
The doc seemed to understand ... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: