SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lockhart calls Franks a liar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Lockhart calls Franks a liar Reply with quote

HOLY @#%^@#$&!!!! Joe Lockhart was trying to spin the myth that W let UBL escape from Tora Bora and citing retired AF (I think) General McPeak's statements that are negative about the war. Gibson pointed out that Gen. Franks himself has said that Kerry has his facts wrong about the situation in 2001 at Tora Bora. John Gibson: "Mr. Lockhart, you aren't questioning Gen. Frank's credibility are you?" Lockhart: "What I'm not doing is questioning Gen. McPeake's credibility...Gen. Franks has had two years to get his story straight about Tora Bora and he's out there doing the President a political favor."

- from Free Republic
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And McPeak is just in it for what exactly? Some of these KoolAid drinkers (or in this case a KoolAid maker) leave openings wide enough to drive a tank through.

Kat
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockfart is just accomplishing the mission he was assigned to do--pave the way for Hillary 2008. Tony McPeak is a certified genuine idiot. There were men in leadership that are not humble, self serving careerists that now back Kerry because they want a place in the Kerry admin, Clark is the same piece of trash--self servers like Kerry attract to each other.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
Lockfart is just accomplishing the mission he was assigned to do--pave the way for Hillary 2008. Tony McPeak is a certified genuine idiot. There were men in leadership that are not humble, self serving careerists that now back Kerry because they want a place in the Kerry admin, Clark is the same piece of trash--self servers like Kerry attract to each other.

Joe Lockhard is one of the worst human beings I have ever seen, second to Kerry, and equal to Chad. Those guys need to wash their mouth using the strongest bleach. I wonder why Gibson let him get away with his conclusion that Frank is a liar, and Peak is genuinely honest.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Blockhead did a lot of dancing trying not to look like he was calling tne General a liar but he never succeeded
tiredoflaundry
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockhart isn't even worthy to shine Tommy Frank's shoes!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Thjs is pure ********--Mc Peak retired long ago Reply with quote

I don't get it. Merrill McPeak retired fror the AF years ago. If you don't belive me loook up his bio on a Google search. He was no where near Tora Bora or any way involved in Operation Noble Eagle/Enduring Freedom so for Lockhart to use him as a reference on this is pure ********. McPeak's last job was as the AF Chief of Staff. It really chaps my ass to hear Kerry and his "Band of Fools" say he (Mc Peak) ran the air war in Desert Storm--gen Charles Horner did. By Title 10 U.S. Code none, I'll say again NONE, of the Service Chiefs are in the operational chain of command i.e. they don't tell the Combatant Commanders like Tommy Franks or John Abazaid squat when it comes to running the Theather of operations. Lockhart is just plain ass full of ****--you might guess I'm pretty pissed after listening to this trash this whole campaign especially from a bunch of "Generals in Pin Stripes" like 3 Scartch Keery, Lokhart and Colmes. I apologize if I offended anyone with my language>
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't offend me.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiredoflaundry wrote:
Lockhart isn't even worthy to shine Tommy Frank's shoes!

Neither is McPeak - I and others served under him...well...I guess I wouldn't say "under"....
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served when McPeak was around and he sucks as a Leader. There is not one AF member that I know of that viewed McPeak as an effective leader.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Thjs is pure Bullcrap--Mc Peak retired long ago Reply with quote

barbgeo wrote:
I don't get it. Merrill McPeak retired fror the AF years ago. If you don't belive me loook up his bio on a Google search. He was no where near Tora Bora or any way involved in Operation Noble Eagle/Enduring Freedom so for Lockhart to use him as a reference on this is pure Bullcrap. McPeak's last job was as the AF Chief of Staff. It really chaps my a** to hear Kerry and his "Band of Fools" say he (Mc Peak) ran the air war in Desert Storm--gen Charles Horner did. By Title 10 U.S. Code none, I'll say again NONE, of the Service Chiefs are in the operational chain of command i.e. they don't tell the Combatant Commanders like Tommy Franks or John Abazaid squat when it comes to running the Theather of operations. Lockhart is just plain a** full of s**t--you might guess I'm pretty pissed after listening to this trash this whole campaign especially from a bunch of "Generals in Pin Stripes" like 3 Scartch Keery, Lokhart and Colmes. I apologize if I offended anyone with my language>

barbgeo - You didn't offend me one bit. I concur wholeheartedly with what you said (and how you said it). IMO - McPeak has sold his soul for a shot at SecDef or maybe ambassador to NATO. We're here to tell it like it is, warts and all. Twisted Evil
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not any of these "military experts/analysts" have credentials:
1) they weren't there for the intelligence briefings/planning/implementation
2) Monday morning quarterbacking doesn't win wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: