SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My post Nov. 3 contribution to SBVT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: My post Nov. 3 contribution to SBVT Reply with quote

After the election on Nov. 2nd, I am hopeful the SBVT organization will continue to operate as a mass mobilization political force in American life, to restore and protect traditional patriotic sentiments and values and to continue to bring out the truth about public servants who have betrayed our country.

Because I believe that John McCain's dismissal of the SBVT group's allegations about Kerry as "dishonest and dishonorable" helped to legitimate the mass media's refusal to credit those claims, or even explore the factual basis for the Swiftees' claims, I believe McCain must be retired from the Senate.

If that becomes an objective of the Swiftees, with a special effort among Arizona primary voters in the next Senatorial election in Arizona, then I will double my previous dollar contribution.

The Bush campaign's failure to get reputable national leaders to go to bat on behalf of the SBVT, to raise with the press the legitimate questions about Kerry's character -- about his Senate testimony, his activities with the VVWA, his trips to Paris, where he almost certainly accepted propaganda talking points for delivery to the Senate and other public fora upon his return -- this failure by the Bush campaign to get behind the SBVT allegations is a major reason for why the election is as close as it is today.

The media unfairness is patently obvious. The issue of Kerry's visits with the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong delegations in Paris, and his deceitful spin regarding those meetings is very important in an election where the security of the nation is involved, where a commander in chief is being elected. The mass liberal media has failed in its watchdog role in our democratic society, blinded by partisan leftwing bias. John McCain helped to legitimize the media's disdainful rejection of the SBVT claims. John McCain hurt the Bush campaign mightily, and therefore John McCain must suffer the consequences.

He must be removed from the U.S. Senate.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truegrit,

One tiny little disagreement here.

The Bush campaign COULD NOT LEGALLY get anyone to go to bat on behalf of the Swifties. Just because the Dems flaunt the law doesn't mean that the Republicans can.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: What I meant to say Reply with quote

Message to YouGottaBeKidding

I didn't mean that the Bush campaign had to get organizationally involved with the SBVT or coordinate with them. Not at all. I only meant that the Bush campaign should have made Kerry's Vietnam and post-Vietnam activities, especially the latter, a campaign issue, and should pushed much harder on his record. This could have been done without any reference at all to the SBVT organization.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that the Bush campaign did not hit hard enough on Kerry's record. Even just the Senate record... I particularly think they could've done more to show Kerry subverting Reagan on defense. You gotta do more than just SAY Kerry's weak on defense: You have to pound it in continuously with specific example after example after example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: