SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sitting at a table with Bin Laden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Sitting at a table with Bin Laden Reply with quote

Today, I heard about a lifetime Democrat, connected politically, who was torn over who to vote for in the election, she had never voted for a Republican. As she thought about it, she said she decided to picture herself sitting at a table directly across from Bin Laden, eyeball to eyeball. At the table is a third chair and she has a choice of either John Kerry or George Bush sitting in that chair. She asked herself which of the two men did she want sitting in that chair at that table with her. The answer was hands down, George Bush! So on November 2nd, she will be voting the first time for a Republican, George W. Bush.

I thought that was a GREAT way to think about the election. If you know anyone wavering or weakly supporting Kerry, you might want to use that scenario on them.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's got a good point there. Another thing to think about is what if things keep escalating in the middle east where we are facing WWIII? Who would you rather have as commander in chief, Bush or Kerry?
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
She's got a good point there. Another thing to think about is what if things keep escalating in the middle east where we are facing WWIII? Who would you rather have as commander in chief, Bush or Kerry?

I thought in truth we were already in WWIII.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of the world thinks this is Bush's war. I can see where some of us here in the US think this could be WWIII, or the start of it.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent analogy. This demonstrates the differences between the two candidates so clearly. I can see Kerry giving away the store, compromising everthing, negotiating, trying to keep Bin Laden happy.
I can see Bush getting in Bin Laden's face and saying: "GO AHEAD, PUNK - MAKE MY DAY!" Then a quick draw and it's all over.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcknz wrote:
Excellent analogy. This demonstrates the differences between the two candidates so clearly. I can see Kerry giving away the store, compromising everthing, negotiating, trying to keep Bin Laden happy.
I can see Bush getting in Bin Laden's face and saying: "GO AHEAD, PUNK - MAKE MY DAY!" Then a quick draw and it's all over.

I see Bush telling the you to leave the room and let him take care of the situation. I see Kerry fleeing the room to cover his own butt after a weak attempt of negotiating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: