SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL TO PRAYER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bump for Bush" Very Happy
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is it warriors!!! Time to get down on your knees. Pray, simple and from the heart. Gather with friends, family if you can. Gather here..and remember always, that God will be with us in these election trenches, where the truth lives!! Lets keep this thread moving this weekend, bump it, give thoughts..share fears..share faith, proclaim the truth in HIS name!!

Warriors until the end..in love and faith..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay the course dear friends. Given all the circumtances especially since 9/11 and the Kerry's character, you would expect that Bush would lead by 10 point in the polls. But things are so strange these days. Very very strange. Only God knows why. The darkness has spread its power.

Remember
"For nothing is impossible with God". Luke 1:37.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESUS IS CALLED THE LORD OF THE BREAKTHROUGH.

We hunker down and fall on our knees with hearts filled with faith, boldly before the THRONE OF GRACE, as the sword of the Spirit divides between the truth and the lie and the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH, THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS GOES BEFORE US, MIGHTY IN BATTLE AND NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US SHALL PROSPER AND EVERY TONGUE THAT RISES AGAINST US IN JUDGEMENT SHALL BE CONDEMED FOR THIS IS THE INHERITANCE OF THE SERVANT OF THE LORD.

Even darkness is light to you O Lord, Shine the light of Your Glory into the darkness, Arise O Lord and illumine the darkness and let Your Glory fill our Nation. We stand upright and are not bowed down and broken, for we are seated in heavenly places, Let it be done on this earth as it already is done heaven. IN THE NAME OF JESUS AMEN
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a praying person. My whole life is governed by prayer and has been for more than 30 years. I have seen many good things come about through prayer. But this is the first time I've posted to the Call to Prayer Thread. I have felt despair about the election for two days now. Today I finally really got down to it and wholeheartedly 'went to God'. And just now I felt that old familiar warmth of love wash over me and this came to me: 'What you are seeing taking place in this election is not simply Bush winning over Kerry, but this is part of the whole picture whereby good is triumphing over evil.'

I guess this sounds like 'common sense' but it came to me just now as a very inspired thought as the result of prayer.

I feel very secure about the election now. It is in God's hands and 'He doeth all things well.'
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more we learn Kerry's character and principle, as well as the agenda of the party that backs him, the more we believe that this election is about GOOD and REAL BAD---light and dark. That's why we need the Prince of Light!!!

Let's keep this thread alive.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN, I am going to a very small retreat tonight and we are going to spend our time praying for this. Hope to check in if there is time but know I am so grateful for this sight for encouragement. I am always uplifted and filled with faith everytime I read it. Welcome Wynne we need all the faithful we can gather and thanks for your encouragement.

VICTORY IN JESUS-LANDSLIDE, I am asking for California which is within 6 Lord, I believe in asking big, very big.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get nations back on their feet, we must get down on our knees first.

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."--Mark 11:24

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
--2 Samuel 22:31 & 33

Have faith God is still in charge! Smile
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
I have felt despair about the election for two days now. Today I finally really got down to it and wholeheartedly 'went to God'. And just now I felt that old familiar warmth of love wash over me and this came to me: 'What you are seeing taking place in this election is not simply Bush winning over Kerry, but this is part of the whole picture whereby good is triumphing over evil.'
'

Wow...that is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I feel peace just reading what you've written.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a hymn based on Isaiah 7:4--Be Careful, keep calm, and don't be afraid. Do not lose heart.

This is a good one to read before turning in for the night.

Be Calm My Soul by Gloria Roe

Be calm my soul faint not with care
Though burdens deep our hearts would tear;
He is the Lord, all He commands,
He holdeth me safe in His hands.

Be calm my soul melt not in fear,
Though shadows dark press in so near,
Yet in despair I see His light;
Lead me, O Lord, with wond'rous sight.

Be calm my soul, rest in Him sure,
No wave of doubt His words endure;
My longing soul is satisfied,
He now leads forth, my Strength and Guide.

Be at peace knowing that the Lord is in control. Tomorrow we will again seek His face and raise our petitions to Him. Until then May God Hold You in His Loving Hands.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pray for NavyChief's request over on the main board. A gathering on Sunday...in Washington D.C....for a big announcement...he needs 2500-25,000 people in attendance. We are trying to spread the word now.

It would be miraculous if this happened...let's pray for a miracle....

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15238&start=165
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started praying about this election on the Friday morning after the "Reporting for Duty" speech at the DNC convention.

I woke up this morning at 3:00 am with the overwhelming need to pray for President Bush and his family. To pray for his strength, his health, his voice. I pray the the Lord lift him, comfort him, fill him with the Holy Spirit and sustain him for these next four days. Dear Lord, please help our nation, please help our leader. Dear Lord, please touch the hearts and minds of each of the supporters of President Bush that they are encouraged and strengthened, please fill them with the wonder of your love, please help them to reach out to others.

Dear Lord, I pray that this nation, this world be brought closer to you. Please touch the hearts of everyone on this forum that they may also be strenghtened in their hearts and drawn closer to you.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya...I'm praying and fasting.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."--Romans 15:13

"Biblical hope is not fond wishing, it is firm assurance of supernatural help."--Charles Stanley

I know today we have suffered some disappointments, but we still have hope. Prayer Warriors your job is really important now. Please lift up all those working so hard and sacrificing so much, they need uplifting. We need to keep this thread going and we need to pester God. Those of you who are parents you know how it is done. God wants us to fervently seek Him. I think that may be part of His purpose in this whole thing. We need to seek Him and trust Him. He will have the final say. Remember He is the Truth!

Jeremiah said this, "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of God's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness....The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks him"--Lamentations 3:21-23,25

"God is faithful to His Word. He will finish what He starts. He is completely trustworthy in every situation and for every unexpected turn of events."--Charles Stanley

"The covenent love of God. The unchanging faithfulness of God. The fantastic goodness of God. Think on these things and hope will bear wings that can carry you through every desperate need."--Charles Stanley

I do lose hope sometimes, Lord. But thank you that you never give up on me. Your love, faithfulness, and goodness are sufficient. I can have hope. I don't have to quit in despair. You are able to uphold me with your strong hand and breathe into me all the hope I need for every load I bear.--Charles Stanley
May God give strenth to all you Prayer Warriors today.AMEN
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bump for Bush" Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: