SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sen Ted Stevens fund raising for Inoue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Hetherton, jr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Sen Ted Stevens fund raising for Inoue Reply with quote

My Sen Ted Stevens(R) is pumping prominent Alaska business people to donate funds for Hawaii's Daniel Inouye(D) campaign for re elect to US Senate. SEE WWW.adn.com. I am not sure if this will have any effect on Presidential voting in Hawaii. The polls show very close there. Vice Pres is to be there on Sunday. I can't figure how to read this...do I need to be concerned? Do any of you political experts have any thoughts?
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it as Stevens trying to prop up his side of the house in a state that may very well lose its staunch demo trend. The republicans see this as an opportunity so Cheney is heading out there to show that Hawaii is not forgotten and is important to them.

Rumor has it Gore will be following on Cheney's coat tails to attempt to mend fences. If he stays there for any length of time he'll probably actually lose votes and have a terrible sunburn on his bald spot. Wink

Very strange election year where even traditional demo states are becoming battlegrounds as the electorate becomes more educated.
VETSROCK
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Why Sen. Ted Stevens helps Sen. Inouye Reply with quote

The Hawaii senator and the Alaska senator have been extremely close friends for over 30 years. They think alike, consult each other on important matters and nearly ALWAYS vote together on the same side of any given issue in the senate. I've watched them quite a bit. The Hawaii senator is more of the true democrat..meaning that of a conservative leaning philosophy much like Sen Zell Miller of Georgia. You know, the great old democrats, the true democrats before they got hyjacked by the hollywood nuts and the likes of Michael Moore and all the left wing screamers. Any of you ever watched the senate in action on C-SPAN? Oooooooh, let me tell you the democrats I see hollering and screeching in those sessions are something to be truly ashamed of. I can't even imagine how many of them even got elected they are so brain deficient and seemingly many speak english as if they were in the slums. I mean seriously, it's appalling.
Every day in session one can be certain the NEW YORK TIMES will be brought up and flashed for all to see, then entered into the congressional record with some story about the Bush administration ( always in a negative light). Then the DEMS start screeching on and on and on at taxpayers expense as they read the newspaper to the viewing public and getting it entered into the record as they screech it out. They bloviate, scream on & on, ***** beyond belief untill my head spins. Many of the senators should not even be of any consideration for senatorial representaion of their state. In essence I am trying to say they are NUTS!
But Stevens and Inouye try to keep the youngin's and seemingly juvenile middle-aged at bay as best they can while passing out VALIUMS to the rabid!
I respect both these guys, they put up with alot!

Cheri
Bay Area California....NOT ALL OF US CALIFORNIAN'S ARE OUT THERE---SOME OF US ARE SENSIBLE.....LOL:)
VETSROCK
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Why Sen. Ted Stevens helps Sen. Inouye Reply with quote

The Hawaii senator and the Alaska senator have been extremely close friends for over 30 years. They think alike, consult each other on important matters and nearly ALWAYS vote together on the same side of any given issue in the senate. I've watched them quite a bit. The Hawaii senator is more of the true democrat..meaning that of a conservative leaning philosophy much like Sen Zell Miller of Georgia. You know, the great old democrats, the true democrats before they got hyjacked by the hollywood nuts and the likes of Michael Moore and all the left wing screamers. Any of you ever watched the senate in action on C-SPAN? Oooooooh, let me tell you the democrats I see hollering and screeching in those sessions are something to be truly ashamed of. I can't even imagine how many of them even got elected they are so brain deficient and seemingly many speak english as if they were in the slums. I mean seriously, it's appalling.
Every day in session one can be certain the NEW YORK TIMES will be brought up and flashed for all to see, then entered into the congressional record with some story about the Bush administration ( always in a negative light). Then the DEMS start screeching on and on and on at taxpayers expense as they read the newspaper to the viewing public and getting it entered into the record as they screech it out. They bloviate, scream on & on, ***** beyond belief untill my head spins. Many of the senators should not even be of any consideration for senatorial representaion of their state. In essence I am trying to say they are NUTS!
But Stevens and Inouye try to keep the youngin's and seemingly juvenile middle-aged at bay as best they can while passing out VALIUMS to the rabid!
I respect both these guys, they put up with alot!

Cheri
Bay Area California....NOT ALL OF US CALIFORNIAN'S ARE OUT THERE---SOME OF US ARE SENSIBLE.....LOL:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: