SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senator Datsund is getting nervous in SD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Senator Datsund is getting nervous in SD Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10519-2004Oct29.html?sub=AR

Quote:
In Response to Poll, Daschle Backers Amass

By Charles Babington and Brian Faler
Saturday, October 30, 2004; Page A11

Is Senate Minority Leader Thomas A. Daschle (D-S.D.) getting panicky in his reelection bid against former representative John Thune? Republicans gleefully note that after a newspaper poll showed Thune in the lead this week, Daschle's long-standing ban on third-party ads abruptly ended, and a chartered planeload of Democratic lawyers, lobbyists and loyalists is scheduled to fly from Washington to Sioux Falls today.

"There's almost a panic [among Democrats] around the nation about Daschle being able to cling to his seat," Thune campaign manager Dick Wadhams said.

Friday's Question:
Legend has it that when the Redskins win their last home game before a presidential election, the incumbent wins as well. For how many consecutive elections has this held true?

Not so, Daschle supporters say. For starters, they say, the Zogby poll published in the Rapid City Journal is flawed. It showed Republican Thune leading Daschle, 48.5 percent to 45.5 percent, just within the margin of error. At first, however, the poll had shown an even larger Thune lead, which seemed so improbable that the pollsters adjusted their voter turnout estimates and arrived at the narrower gap.

Democrats scoffed, saying the poll remains suspect. It contradicts other public polls showing Daschle slightly ahead, and it showed House GOP challenger Larry Diedrich leading Rep. Stephanie Herseth (D). Even some Republicans find that hard to believe.

Bringing in the planeload of lawyers and other volunteers from Washington is simply prudent in the post-2000 election world, Daschle spokesman Dan Pfeiffer said. And the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee said it decided to pour $600,000 into anti-Thune ads -- despite Daschle's long-standing plea for third-party groups to stay out of the state -- because independent groups have been trashing Daschle for months.

University of South Dakota political scientist William Richardson said, "I think both sides are very nervous, because from everything we can see, it's still too close to call."

GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear Daschle is not very optimistic if he needs a planeload of lawyers. Hey, Tom, let the people decide, not your party hack legal stiffs.
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weasel is at 42.8 on Intrade (down (0.2) today. Looks like a big loser to me, but we already knew at, didn't we??
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong Tom, couldn't find enough illegal aliens, felons, and regular out-of-state liberals to jimmy the vote for you in S. Dakota? Gotta fly in flukies from the East? Hhhmmmm? Twisted Evil
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This race reminds me of when Sp. of the House Tom Foley(D) was defeated for reelection by Nethercutt(R) WA. Hope we see a repeat of that. Next we can go after Pelosi. Why do both Daschle and Pelosi disgust me so? Evil or Very Mad Makes me almost long to see Gephardt back in, but not in a leadership role. Rolling Eyes
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great to see Sen. Dashound loose, I'd also like to flush Pelosi with the Johnabees! Wink
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it 20 million he has spent so far? I heard the native Americans aren't voting for him this time.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Fran Nan will stay as long as her Kook Konstituents want. We need a token liberal. The rest will go down with Kerry. Gephart at least told us what he believed in and meant it. I do hope Thune pulls this out.
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Sink him too Reply with quote

Can't multi-register the local tribes this time around hey Tommy boy.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is spelled DASCHOLE!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misako wrote:
The weasel is at 42.8 on Intrade (down (0.2) today. Looks like a big loser to me, but we already knew at, didn't we??

Of course we did!!!! Sore loserman!
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best evidence from the forward LP is Dash Hole has been running on the jingo ticket - he supports the war more than the President and loves disabled veterans more. He never mentions Kerry.
And while I see a fair number of yard signs for the Dash Hole, I cannot recall having seen one accompanied by a Kerry sign.

As for Sephanie Horselips, who looks like a plainer version of one of the Kerry girls, the state congress-creature, she's equally scared. Her TV ads emphasize repeatedly how she "had to courage to stand up against her party" and her "conservative voting record" (she's been in office for about 4 months since a special election) - yeah right - a democrat, woman lawyer. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

In Sucks Falls, I've seen about 3 Kerry signs - over on Augustana College campus of course - faculty I presume. Razz

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am watching this race closely. Dash hole popped up on my radar in 2000, and sealed the deal with his phoney hug of the President post 9/11, then switched almost immediately to attack mode.

I frozenchicken can not stand him.

So I sent Thune a big, Texas size check to help him defeat Dashshill.

Very Happy Good luck to all my South Dakota neighbors! I hope it is Sen-elect Thune on 11/3. I don't mind spending money, but I hate to waste it.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that can save dash Hole is if eh carries the Happy Hunting Ground precincts. which is what saved Tmmmy Johnson two years ago. Now wouldn't that be a delicious irony! Election fraud by Johnson Keeps Thne available to beat Dash Hole 2 years later? - Condign justice!
Beady-eyed little Timmy isn't so great either. - his son is an E-6 with the 101 AMD, and Timmy, with no service of his own, had the gall to run on his son's record Twisted Evil

See John Fund's book "Stealing Elections".
At least this year Photo IDs are required for first time voters. Of course the real voting from eternity takes place by mail.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not too late to send money to the next Senator of SD.

www.johnthune.com

It is worth your donation, although not as much as sending money to the Swiftvets.

God bless John Thune and the Swiftvets.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: