SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY IS LOSING
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiredoflaundry
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our stongest weapon is to vote .And when I go on Tuesday,I'll Have with me my 18yr old son who is voting for BUSH!
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim: My wife has had those a couple of times, we have the back scratchers!

The Dems are really getting scared here. They have spent quite alot of money on advertisements. Kind of sucks. Can't watch TV or listen to the radio. My wife is watching a video now. And this is tradionaly a Dem state!

Glad our votes will count!

Aloha,
Al
Viet Nam 71/72
US Army 70/97

Leslie
US Army 80/02
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
I keep making the offer: Let me go to Hawaii and help!

Yeah, I am with you mcknz: How can it be as close as they say and have states like Jersey and Hawaii in a dead heat?

Does it seem to anyone else like we are seeing one thing (a landslide) and being told another (dead heat)?

It's psychodelic...or psychotropic...or just plain psychotic...but I think the OIM is putting LSD in their kool-aid.

Too bad they didn't put just a little more in Twisted Evil
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool article about Hawaii from the KerrySpot blog -

IS HAWAII GOING TO FLIP TO A RED STATE? [10/30 07:08 PM]

Kerry Spot reader William sends in this report of the situation on the ground in Hawaii:

In terms of presidential politics, [Al Gore's visit] was ALMOST a non-event.

He appeared at pre-planned Filipino concert at a high school in a largely Filipino district of Oahu. The co-host was Dem. Cong. Neil Abercrombie.

The Filipino community has traditionally been a Democrat stronghold in this state, and flexed its political muscle 10 year ago by electing Ben Cayetano as the first Filipino Governor of Hawaii, and re-electing him in 1998. The coalition of Filipinos and Japanese-Americans is the bedrock of the Demo. party establishment here.

Kerry is in trouble in this state because recent polling shows the Pres. beating him by 15 points among Filipinos. Gore's appearance last night was an effort to bring some of these Filipino voters back to Kerry.

But only 1200 people were on hand — it wasn't any better than a "B" level political event. And he was largely preaching to the convereted. This was a gathering of Filipinos that are committed to Kerry.

The four local television stations all led their newscasts with it at 10:00 p.m., but the coverage was a little underwhelming. The real heart of each stations' story was that for the first time Hawaii's votes might matter — the electoral count may be close, and the outcome here is too close to call. They then covered Gore's appearance, but in the same story talked about the upcoming appearance of VP Cheney tomorrow.

But, most importantly, immediately following the Gore appearance story, each station covered the Bin Laden video.

Cheney is set to appear tomorrow at an event expected to draw 10,000 people. Rather than a local high school, he'll be in downtown Honolulu at the Convention Center. He's got a real chance to wipe the Gore appearance right off the map.

Very curiously, the two Dem. candidates for Mayor of Honolulu did NOT show up at the event last night with Gore.

Hmm. What do they know about the national race in their polling?

I've been wondering how voting in Hawaii will be affected by the time difference. Will afternoon voters in the islands know who has won the East Coast states? If Kerry loses New Hampshire, or New Jersey looks close, or Bush picks up an electoral vote in Maine, will Hawaiians feel like they know the winner?

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And - don't be discouraged by the polls showing Kerry ahead or gaining. Conservative bloggers pointed out this liklihood a looong time ago...and here it is coming to pass....

WHY DID KERRY DO WELL IN FRIDAY NIGHT POLLS? [10/30 07:28 PM]

Just heard from a well-connected Washington Republican studying the polls intensely. He said he wasn’t surprised by the reports that polls conducted Friday night had Kerry surging.

Weekends are always bad for us. It's common to see Kerry do well on Friday and Saturday nights. The weekends look good for kerry and then turn back to about +3 for us when weekend is washed out. I think you'll see the same thing in tomorrow's tracking polls.

My guess: Are GOP voters not answering phones because they're out at high school football games?

ALSO

Quite a few Kerry Spot readers are e-mailing on a Saturday, questioning the Fox poll showing Bush’s lead shrinking on Friday night, post-Osama tape. Here’s what Jay Cost has to say about it:

Fox released its new poll about 45 minutes ago. Note that the poll uses the last day sample of the previous poll. This indicates that Fox is going to start doing a rolling average. As is typical of media organizations who do not know any better, they have junked the previous day's poll. This is quite stupid. If you average the two results out, taking in all the data collected in the four days thus far, Bush is ahead 49.2% to 45% with a margin of error of less than 3%. Apparently, Bush did not poll well in Friday's Fox sample. The Washington Post's polling director was on Fox just now and he said Kerry did very well on Friday, too. Look for that poll's margins to fall. Try not to let this upset you. They only sample about 200-300 people in any given day. Kerry had a blip last weekend in the WaPo tracking poll, too. It was just a blip. I would note that the evidence from last electiondoes not indicate that WaPo was pro-Gore on the weekends. This year, though, they are 3 for 3 pro-Kerry on the weekends, if the WaPo does the same now.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

Deja vu all over again

Yesterday, in "For whom the Minnesota Poll tolls," I anticipated that the Minneapolis Star Tribune would release a poll on Sunday that would show John Kerry pulling away from President Bush in Minnesota. Whatever its other defects, the Star Tribune cannot be faulted for unreliability.

Exactly as anticipated, Sunday's Star Tribune reports that John Kerry has opened a 49-41 lead over President Bush in the results of the latest Star Tribune Minnesota Poll: "Minnesota Poll: Kerry opens a lead." The Star Tribune story also reports that the (far more reliable) St. Paul Pioneer Press/MPR Mason-Dixon Poll released today shows the race essentially tied, with Bush leading 48-47: "Bush, Kerry in dead heat."

As has become the tradition, the Star Tribune attributes the discrepancy to the "volatility" of the voters. I, on the other hand, attribute the discrepancy to the "inaccuracy" of the Minnesota Poll. Sickening.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousins keep me updated on what is going on in the islands. The polls have Bush ahead by a solid 1%, report: . . . the Manongs dressed Gore up in a Sarong Tagalog so he could swing with the Filipino votes . . only 30% are pro Kerry. Alexandra Kerry yelled "Mabuhay" to the crowd at Farrington High School." No big deal. The national attention will result in a higher voter turnout in the islands because everyone there wants to be a part of history. Their economy is on fire. Unemployment at historical lows. Remember, after 9/11, Hawaii was a ghost town. Pearl Harbor is not forgotten, so security is their top concern.
Incidentally, if any of you want to visit Oahu, the military gets good deals at the Hale Koa Hotel. Built during the Vietnam era and is quite nice. Next to Ft. DeRussey in Waikiki.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ wrote:
Quote:
Does it seem to anyone else like we are seeing one thing (a landslide) and being told another (dead heat)?

My thoughts exactly Kimmy! I think the MSM and dimmycRATS are
spinning the truth to make it look better for Kerry than it actually is!

why didn't I think of that? they lie about everything else! tho mostly I don't believe the msm polls or zogby.....

there saying today that kerry is ahead in ohio.... anyone got the real scoop?
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
SooZQ wrote:
Quote:

My thoughts exactly Kimmy! I think the MSM and dimmycRATS are
spinning the truth to make it look better for Kerry than it actually is!

why didn't I think of that? they lie about everything else! tho mostly I don't believe the msm polls or zogby.....

there saying today that kerry is ahead in ohio.... anyone got the real scoop?

I thought that I was alone in thinking the polls were were "off". I follow RealClearPolitics.com and have noticed that Republicans are aheaded in the House/Senate races but the Presidental race shows much tighter. Isn't it usually the President's coattails that carry the House/Senate races forward? And then on Druge, Democracy Corps has released a "rolling-poll" halfway thru it's cycle....this to show that the OBL tape supports Kerry's contention that Bush took his eye off the ball and let OBL get away in Tora Bora. Little fine print at the end shows the article came from Kerry/Edwards... Seems like I'm not the one worried this time...the tall orange guy and his youthful teenage "Robin" sidekick must be concerned about something their own polling is showing..... (I hope).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: