SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
The information I posted about a former SECNAV and Kerry's Discharge was pulled at my request because I jumped the gun.

You couldn't believe the powerplay behind the scenes at this moment regarding this story.

You can call me many things (and probably will) -- I don't care.

This isn't my call anymore on how/where/when/why this story will come out.

I've been told/asked/cajoled whatever you wish to call it -- to stand down.

So, this Chief will STAND DOWN (for now).

That's all I have to say on the matter. If you want me to personally apologize to everyone -- so be it.

- Troy Jenkins (aka "NavyChief")

Chief, you seem like an honorable and dedicated man.
I do not want you to personally apologize.
If things do not become self-evident, I expect you to explain in a reasonable amount of time.
In my case, that looks like 5 years for a pessimist, and 10 years for an optimist. Reverse those numbers if I'm offending you.
If Kerry wins and we're truly worried about the nation, subtract four from both values.

This isn't my call anymore
I have heard that phrase more than once in the last 35+ years.
I'm always tempted to disagree.
In all cases after learning the 'root issues' after the fact, I've had mixed emotions.
If I manage to live long enough, I'm sure this time will be no different.
I strongly suspect there are some very mixed emotions for NavyChief, already.
on how/where/when/why
Looking on the bright side, the word if was not included.
Anything after noon eastern time 1 Nov. 2005 does not meet my personal when window (which is merely my opinion).
how/where is acceptable to me if, and only if, this gets beyond bloggers and talk-show hosts.
If bloggers and talk show hosts mattered that much, we'd not have needed this website in the first place.

If why is really part of the equation, we still don't need this website.

this story will come out.
Again, on the bright side, the verb did not read should or might

I've had a "challenging" day, and didn't get to "check in" thoroughly until midnight.
I've left two or more real close friends with some bad information.

My wife (of 32 years last Sunday) is always reminding me to take things "one day at a time" for a variety of reasons.
15 years ago my co-workers gave me a "Secret Santa" pencil holder which had "Patience Hell -- I wanna kill something" engraved on it. I still keep that in my cube, and everybody says it still fits me.

Please forgive me if I take things "one day at a time" with a "Patience Hell" attitude.

STANDING DOWN Sad
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another article on Kerry's cabinet picks--------

http://news.bostonherald.com/election2004/view.bg?articleid=51740
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fb274,

One thing I noticed in that Boston Herald article dated today - there is no mention specifically of John Warner - interesting.

Debbie
no_1_momlandj
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief,
Thanks for all the hard work, and the sacrifices you and your family have made to get the truth out. You have nothing to apologize for.
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605
Quote:
This isn't my call anymore
I have heard that phrase more than once in the last 35+ years.
I'm always tempted to disagree.
In all cases after learning the 'root issues' after the fact, I've had mixed emotions.
If I manage to live long enough, I'm sure this time will be no different.
I strongly suspect there are some very mixed emotions for NavyChief, already.
on how/where/when/why

Some of the paths we choose are viper infested...
    From Ephesians 5
    "Be very careful, then, how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish..."

Another friend of mine wrote in 1939: "The verdict of the ages is that faith means courage. All men of faith have courage."...

Sometimes the most courageous thing we can do is sit on our hands and allow things to proceed in sync with the universe...

NavyChief, gritting his teeth, must walk wisely...with faith...he has asked us to trust him...
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
The information I posted about a former SECNAV and Kerry's Discharge was pulled at my request because I jumped the gun.

You couldn't believe the powerplay behind the scenes at this moment regarding this story.

You can call me many things (and probably will) -- I don't care.

This isn't my call anymore on how/where/when/why this story will come out.

I've been told/asked/cajoled whatever you wish to call it -- to stand down.

So, this Chief will STAND DOWN (for now).

That's all I have to say on the matter. If you want me to personally apologize to everyone -- so be it.

- Troy Jenkins (aka "NavyChief")

NAVY CHIEF:

First and above all else, I want to thank you and also your wife for what you have done here. Once again you have accepted a huge and difficult fight (this time without the uniform). You have led this forum in manner that has gained you the highest respect from most of the people here. If anyone can come forward and say they have accomplished more or done something more outstanding, that would give them the right to critize you or your efforts, they do not belong here.

Secondly, I know this is a very difficult pill to swallow because the "higher ups" have told you stand down. Harder still for you, in turn, to have to tell these people who have also worked diligently, to stand down. If the "higher ups" are who I believe them to be, they DO know what they are doing and I believe I know why. I would state it here, but in the interest of not allowing the opposition to read this post, will not. I have every faith, that when the time is right, and it will be, you will see the fruits of your labor and the labors of these wonderful people.

I can't tell you how proud I am to be a part of this. It's grass movement at its finest and you led the way. Thank you again. God bless you and your family and everyone on here. Patience and caution are the key words here for now.

Avant
Capt Joe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently viewed "Stolen Honor". I bought extra copies for my sons-in-law.

When I saw the Traitor dressed in sloppy fatigues, hippy hair-do, fake MacArthur intonation, disgracefully displayed decorations, lying before Congress, It brought chills to my spine. To think that this seditious naval officer could eventually become a candidate for POTUS is almost unbelievable. To think that this co-conspirator of Hanoi Jane could be sitting in the Oval Office is unsconcionable. He is a stain on the uniforms of all officers past and present. He needs to be stopped. May God bless all those who are trying to put the stake into this vampire once and for all.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The freepers are talking about it here at

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1263408/posts?q=1&&page=110#110
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
I'll put a PHP forum up at one of my websites, just like this one, all you have to do is say the word and I'll create it and give a link.

PM me and let me know if that would help....

There was a thread on here last night started by ASPB announcing a new Forum where this subject could be discussed behind locked doors. As I don't care for Forums that have some areas open to the public while others are password protected I will not be joining this one. But if you are interested you have to E-Mail to get the Addy for the new Forum. The e-Mail addy given was the one listed here for ASPB.
USMCVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grumpyBB wrote:
USMCVet, that article was posted 2 times on the previous page. Would you edit your post?

Yep - sorry - still getting used to the format here.
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrrrggggg......Fox Poll Sunday morning has Bush BEHIND 1% with men (47-46). This is AFTER the Bin Laden tape.

I don't put much faith in polls but this is a FOX poll and rediculous.......

Sheesh....is FOX really MSM or what?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regard to the OBL tape, the truth is STILL not getting out:

FULL TAPE AN OSAMA A WOE SHOW

By NILES LATHEM

October 31, 2004 -- Osama bin Laden doesn't seem nearly so cocky in the unedited version of a videotape aired on al-Jazeera, complaining that the manhunt against him has hampered al Qaeda. AFP/Getty ImagesBin Laden the impotent / Opinion: Page 27 Osama bin Laden's newest tape may have thrust him to the forefront of the presidential election, but what was not seen was the cave-dwelling terror lord talking about the setbacks al Qaeda has faced in recent months.

Officials said that in the 18-minute long tape — of which only six minutes were aired on the al-Jazeera Arab television network in the Middle East on Friday — bin Laden bemoans the recent democratic elections in Afghanistan and the lack of violence involved with it.

On the tape, bin Laden also says his terror organization has been hurt by the U.S. military's unrelenting manhunt for him and his cohorts on the Afghan-Pakistani border.

Mod note: Link please?
AFbrat5865
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanningp wrote:
Arrrrggggg......Fox Poll Sunday morning has Bush BEHIND 1% with men (47-46). This is AFTER the Bin Laden tape.

I don't put much faith in polls but this is a FOX poll and rediculous.......

Sheesh....is FOX really MSM or what?

They're probably just reporting the honest results. Take heart, it might spur the RIGHT people to the polls!

These past few days have greatly inspired me and I'm not taking ANYTHING for granted.
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: I wrote this in another post Reply with quote

But it bears repeating:

The polls are all trending Kerry's way since the Bin Laden tape was released. We are all going to wake up Wednesday morning with John Kerry as President-elect. Crying or Very sad

How are all of us going to feel if we could have done something to prevent this, but chose not to?
AFbrat5865
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I wrote this in another post Reply with quote

JackMcC wrote:
But it bears repeating:

The polls are all trending Kerry's way since the Bin Laden tape was released. We are all going to wake up Wednesday morning with John Kerry as President-elect. Crying or Very sad

How are all of us going to feel if we could have done something to prevent this, but chose not to?

We've got another day and a half! Git out there! I am.

Smile

I just read in another forum that according to realclearpolitics.com the electorial college is swinging in Bush's favor.

Thank God for our Founding Fathers and their wisdom!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: