SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lessons learned from the Swiftvets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Lessons learned from the Swiftvets Reply with quote

I love what the Swiftvets have done. THAT is democracy as it should work.

But the Swiftvet attack contained too many loopholes and too many representatives went on national TV unprepared to face sharks like Chris Matthews and others.

The Larry Thurlow incident is one example. To condemn Kerry because he claimed to have been "under fire" when Thurlow's own citation said he was under fire was a major SNAFU.

You can't make mistakes. Mistakes are spun to look like deceit.

Personal integrity and truth (unfortunately) are not enough to make a point any more. When attacking these people, we need to be as slick, quick and rehearsed as they are. We need Fast-Response cells to counter accusations. We need to think like the "enemy" will think and anticipate problems.

Kerry is a vicious, uinprincipled guy . . . and the Clinton people running his campaign are ten times worse. If you give them even a little bit of a crack in your wall, they'll punch a hole through it.

We need to remember that in 2008. Hillary will make Kerry look like a Boy Scout.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnin, the Swifties who have gone on national TV have done a superb job. It's hard to get the facts on the table when they allow interviewers to scream Lier, Lier throughout the entire interview, like Chrissy did. Also, the MSM has done their best to sway the public into believing the Swifites' facts are unsubstantiated, when in fact the MSM's attacks are unsubstantiated.

See, for the past 2 months the MSM has continually told the public that the swifties have lied and continue to lie. But, they have not forced Kerry to release his military records like they did with Bush, nor have they proven 1 lie that the Swifties have made.

Also, when you have AP, Reuters, NPR, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, New York Times, Washington Post all against these veterens' allegations, and not 1 law suit filed against these veterans.....then you have to say the Swifties have been successful.
clipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think lesson #1 is when Kerry was just a Jr. Senator from Mass. he was left alone.....big mistake. Kerry took the inaction of Veterans and POW's over the years to mean he would have very little opposition from this group in a bid for the White House. The MSM has allways tilted left, so why should their failure to bring forward the truth about J. Fonda Kerry come as a surprise.

The sad fact is that we all bear responsibility for Kerry coming this close to the Presidency. No matter what happens on Tuesday, we should all remember the high price of inaction, and work to make sure this never happens again.
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, please don't waste time trying to convince me that the Swiftvets did a marvelous job. Of course they did. They made Kerry completely back off the main theme of his campaign! That is an incredible success . . . and I'm glad to have done what I could to convince friends and family of the Swiftvet story.

But, like in any operation, I think we need a good After Action Review. I'm only posting this to get people discussing what needs to be done better.

Many voters gave Kerry the benefit of the doubt over these charges.

The Democrats couldn't disprove UNFIT FOR COMMAND. So they pecked at little things to build reasonable doubt. I think one big lesson learned is that when you go after people like Kerry, you can't leave any reasonable doubt in the mind of the public.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohninTexas, the time for "Lessons Learned" is probably not right now, for most folks.

Let's get 'er done, first.

Right now, it's coming off as criticism and people are going to react reflexively and protectively.

Give them the benefit of a few days after the victory celebration to reflect and rest and think and analyze this evolution.

You can have the most valid points in the world, but timing is important. Wink
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohninTexas wrote:
...we need a good After Action Review....

I agree that the Swiftees performed magnificently but need a review. IMO, the biggest mistake was not keeping Humpty Dumpty in the crosshairs continuously. In 1984 his campaign in Massachusetts for US Senator should have been savagely attacked. Many famous despots in history have crept up the political ladder until it was too late for the citizenry to counter their vicious and cruel power. Now, even if he loses, the threat of a repeat remains. He needs to be completely neutered and that may require this body of soldiers to remain on duty for years.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

LOL . . . having done about a thousand AARs in my time, I will tell you that after Nov 2 everyone's goig to be too tired, too cranky and too whatever to think about "what could we have done better."

The winners will forget their mistakes and the losers will point fingers and argue with each other.
reconflyer
Seaman

Tom,
Honestly, I think that if Kerry loses on Tuesday, nary a democrat will be clamoring for him to run for anything after that.

His personal "swiftboat hull" has so many holes, dings and dents it in now that he's right on the verge of sinking.

Just my opinion, I think the dems will "move on" after this guy, pun intended.

reconflyer
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, if sKerry sinks on Tuesday, Swift Vets will be BLAMED
for it (and that's why I'm here Laughing )

Mission Accomplished!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are going to be too tired, cranky or hungover, Wink but some of us will not.

Some of us are already planning the next steps - actions that go far beyond this election cycle, far beyond this one candidate.

Anyone who wants to hang around for the debrief and the planning is free to join in.

The enthusiasm for analyzing and comparing will be much higher when people are done with the pre-election anxiety and the victory rounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: