SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60 minutes tonight on lack of funding for troops in Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmybratNavywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: 60 minutes tonight on lack of funding for troops in Iraq Reply with quote

Thoughts?

I watched it and came away blaming Congress. Who is responsible for all the "pork" in our defense spending?...Senators? A track, parade ground upkeep at a base that was closed...I think those were some that were mentioned. I know my old base spent 3 million redoing the playgrounds in housing after 9/11. How many bullets, radios, body armor sets, would that buy?
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.8 billion worth of pork...

Watching Michael Moores every Move

Last edited by chemical_boy on Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pork in the defense budgets is unreal, and both parties may accept blame: 51% (D)-49%(R)

Did they mention Osama bin Kerry's vote against the appropriations package, by any chance?
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense budget has grown in the past few years, new equipment is being purchased, updates are being made to older equipment.
It is difficult to make up for almost a decade of neglect of the Military in just a few short years, as well as fight a global War on Terror.
I got out in 1995 after 12 years of Service in the Army. I came in during the Reagan years and back then we were seeing a major build up and improvements, and those took beyond his last term and into Bush Sr.s Term to come about.
It took Clinton less than one term to decimate that Military and another to totaly neglect it.
More could be done, but I do not think it can be done much faster. Especially given the convoluted Bidding and othe Red Tape involved.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they mention any senator's name.

Like the one who said we spent too much, or too little, but wanted to spent more, but voted against it anyway.
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow seeBS for Bush? Isn't that what he's been telling us for the last two years? Support the troops, quit politicking? Only the pretzel of the left wing losers would try to spin this against Bush.

Here, have some more rope!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: