SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catholic Bishop Blasts Kerry in New Ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Catholic Bishop Blasts Kerry in New Ad Reply with quote

No comment is needed.
Article speaks for itself.
Make it an informed kinda day.
Mary Ann Parker

Reprinted from NewsMax.com
Sunday, Oct. 31, 2004 10:35 a.m. EST

Catholic Bishop Blasts Kerry in New Ad

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/31/103754.shtml
NewsMax.com's

Fr. Michael Reilly reports on a last-minute campaign salvo fired by Catholics Against Kerry.

In these final days of the presidential campaign, Catholics Against Kerry is running an ad featuring Bishop Rene Henry Gracida, who reminds Catholics that they have "a serious moral obligation to vote responsibly."
Gracida, who delivered the benediction at the Republican National Convention the night Vice President Cheney spoke, is the retired bishop of Corpus Christi, Texas.
The ad is being shown in the key battleground states of Ohio and Pennsylvania, along with a Spanish version hitting the airwaves in New Mexico, and focuses on the responsibility of Catholic citizens to vote with a clear conscience.
"All Catholics, all Christians, have a serious moral obligation to vote responsibly with a clear conscience in this year's general election," Bishop Gracida says in the spot.
"Voting responsibly this year means voting for candidates who are pro-life. Candidates who are pro-life are opposed to all acts of violence against innocent human life, such as abortion, euthanasia and fetal experimentation."
Bishop Gracida continues:
"Before one can give priority to social questions such as war, the economy, social security and health care issues, one must recognize that all such issues must first of all be based on respect for human life."
Other ads by Catholics Against Kerry outline Kerry's consistent record as a promoter of abortion, including his support for partial-birth abortion and his vote against Laci's Law.
Running side-by-side with those spots, this new ad amounts to a denunciation of John Kerry by a member of the Catholic hierarchy.
The group's position is explained in detail on its Web site, CatholicsAgainstKerry.com, which outlines President Bush's pro-life positions and contrasts them with Kerry's pro-abortion record.
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

While I was putting flyers on the cars in the Catholic Church parking lots, I couldn't believe how many of them had Kerry/Edwards stickers on them... I just hope the Priests had good sermons today about voting!

E,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

.::geo::. wrote:
While I was putting flyers on the cars in the Catholic Church parking lots, I couldn't believe how many of them had Kerry/Edwards stickers on them... I just hope the Priests had good sermons today about voting!

E,

Georgi

don't know what state your in (I'm in NY) When I came out of Mass, the flyer was on my car. I was very pleased. But, as a matter of fact the priest didn't say ONE WORD about the election or voting in the sermon. I thought it was because they weren't suppose to talk politics, (tho he sure could have said something about morals) However, I've often wondered how the other side politics in churches all the time, and nothing is said about it!
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT FIND MARY ANN! Thanx!!!
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved a letter last week from the group Michigan Catholics for Kerry. There was a reprint of an article by Bishop Thomas J. Gumbleton it the letter bashng bust and telling people that Bush has increased abortions in the USA in the last 4 years. I was livid and called MRL and they said that it was a lie that the NRL had debunked that claim earlier this yeat. I immediately sent an 8 page letter to Cardinal Maida. I demanded that the Archdiocese take action against Bishop Gumbleton. If the diocese did not I was going to request that De Fide include Bishop Thomas J. Gumbleton in the Heresy Suit against John Kerry.

I don't know if you all recall. Thomas J. Gumbleton was also present at the Winter Soldier Investigations and also present at many if the VVAW marches with Jane Fonda.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Help from Above Reply with quote

Since it looks like there won't be an October Surprise about Kerry's discharge and the Communist documents, we must trust Karl Rove, the GOP GOTV drive, Catholic Bishops, and the Lord above to keep the traitor out of the White House.

Even now, the Lord's foot-soldiers are still active. I live in deep-blue Connecticut, but we've still got an all-night prayer vigil planned in Avon CT, ostensibly so that "the election results enable the realization of the will of God", which in plain English means that Bush wins. I got a flyer for the prayer vigil, made 50 copies of it, and brought it to two Catholic churches in neighboring West Hartford, and asked the priests there if I could put the flyers out in public.

One priest took the flyers and put them in the middle of the vestibule. The other, whom I met in the crypt during a church brunch, told me, "Put it out on the tables in the vestibule--RIGHT NOW!". It was almost like an order! Yes, Sir, Father!

May God Bless America!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: