SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I convinced an UNDECIDED today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somebunny
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: I convinced an UNDECIDED today! Reply with quote

Yippee! I convinced an undecided today to vote for Bush! Oh course, here in NY, it doesn't mean a whole lot, the state always goes Democratic because of New York City.

Oh well, at least I did my part! Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZ's!!!!!

EVERY vote counts!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbor took his Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker off his car yesterday. I had a hunch it was coming when he told me he started having some reservations about Kerry after the 2nd debate. I played it softly when he said that and just thanked him. It must have been my psychological training (tongue-in-cheek). What I really wanted to do was jump up and say, "It's about time, you're a veteran, for God's sake."
air force brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good news too. I am 95% that I convinced my future brother-in-law to vote for Bush. He is an ex Navy Seal who served in VietNam and he hates Bush. He was spit upon upon his return from VN. I couldn't understand it. It was eating a hole in my stomach. I finally confronted him today and wanted to know why he was voting for that coward and traitor. Bottom line, he had voted for Gore last election and he felt that Bush had stole the election. He had absolutely no idea that Kerry had a less than an honorable discharge, had met in Paris with the NVM delegation twice, accused his "brothers" of autrocities etc.... I gave him copies of articles that I had made to back up what I was saying. I made him read ther right then and there. I made him watch "Stolen Honor" this afternoon. He couldn't stomach it. Literally made him cry. He said his group was supposed to go in and get the POW's. He had no idea that this man who based his campaign upon his being a war "hero" was really a traitor to his country and had no right to run for Commander in Chief.

I made have made one person change his mind. but believe me it was difficult.

The problem was that the MSM does not put this infomation out there for everyone to read. Only a select few publications are pro Bush. Bush has had an upward climb running for re-election while that ba@$#%d rode on everything that the MSM put out there and spun it.

I hope he gets his on Tuesday night. Hopefully come Wednesday morning we will never have to hear his name mentioned ever again.

One more thing. The idea of "Tayaza" being "First Lady' sickens me. They are a perfect example of the fact that money cannot buy you class.

I have vented, but I will not sleep good until Tuesday night when I hear that Bush has been re-elected. God Willing!
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

My wife just informed me that her mother is voting for Bush and she is a Democrat.

Why I asked, my wife said that her mother did not like how Kerry kept putting down Bush.

Good enough reason if you ask me.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
ArmybratNavywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: I convinced an UNDECIDED today! Reply with quote

Somebunny wrote:
Yippee! I convinced an undecided today to vote for Bush! Oh course, here in NY, it doesn't mean a whole lot, the state always goes Democratic because of New York City.

Oh well, at least I did my part! Laughing

I keep telling people we just need to cut that part of the state off and let them be like D.C. Very Happy
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and also cut Chicago out of Illinois......
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My step-father's a WWII vet who's been homebound for a year after serious surgery. He's voted Democrat since few people living know when, but when my mother offered to get him a mail in ballot, he said he wasn't going to vote. Somehow, watching only cable TV, reading a liberal newspaper, and with limited ability to put in computer time, he knows enough about Kerry to deny him a vote. My guess is it's because he keeps in touch with a few Army buddies by e-mail. Either that, or he's seen enough of Mr. Personality to see right through him. If someone as isolated as he is learned enough to keep him from voting for Kerry, even though he's as faithful a voter as they come, then the word has definitely gone far and wide. So be of good cheer.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air force brat wrote:
.... Bottom line, he had voted for Gore last election and he felt that Bush had stole the election.

You know it astounds me every time I hear someone say this. I live in Florida and it is well known that those three counties, controlled by Democrats, are the most corrupt in Florida.

There were THREE legal recounts in Florida. Gore lost every one.

What Gore was doing was having his operatives manufacter votes in counties with documented Fraud; not whole counties even, just particular precients within the counties.

Let me tell you about Dade county which is representative of the three involved in the recount fiasco. In the 1980s, a couple of people in Dade county saw a group of people pre-punching the infamous chad ballots a couple of days before an election. They video taped this activity, then took some of the ballots as evidence and turned them over to the state attorney for Miami-Dade. Rather than arresting the people conducting the vote fraud, the state attorney had them arrested for stealing government property and set out to prosecute them costing them thousands of dollars in legal fees.

The day the case was to go to trial, which would have entered the prepunched ballots into the public record, the charges were dropped. Who was the Miami-Dade state attorney? Janet Reno. During the '90s, the Democratic mayor of Miami was removed from office becuase he was elected by document voter fraud.

Although not really covered by the media, thousands of Florida residents had protest rallies all over the state. We protested because we knew what Gore was doing was illegal. There was one rally, in the middle of the work week, that 10,000 people attended in Tallahassee.

All the US Supreme Court did was say that Florida State Law must be followed. The election results had to be what the three legal recounts produced. How can that be construed that the US Supreme Court decided the election? To any sane mind, why in the world did they have to tell the Florida Supreme Court to follow state law? To logical people it seems that laws are to be followed by Republicans but don't apply to Democrats.

And I'd like to add something that is never mentioned, the Military votes were NEVER COUNTED even though a Federal judge in Pensacola ordered that it be done. It was never done and there were thousands of them.

Also, over 2,000 felons voted for Gore; these were illegal votes. So, if you subtract the 2,000 felons and add the 5,000 Military votes, Gore lost Florida by a substantial margin.

It is estimated that the media giving Gore Florida by a big margin three hours before the polls closed and at least an hour before people got off work cost the Republicans 20-30,000 votes.

As for the chad machines, the Republicans had tried to get those machines retired for 15 years but the Democrats refused to change them. Why? Easy to conduct fraud. The Gorons created such a public issue that the machines were finally retired. Guess where they went. CHICAGO which also uses chads.

So Michale Mooron may think the election was stolen but then, he only graduated from high school and had to drop out of college because he couldn't cut it. For the thinking people of Florida, three legal recounts was enough. Bush won every time.

VS
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air force brat wrote:
He had absolutely no idea that Kerry had a less than an honorable discharge, had met in Paris with the NVM delegation twice, accused his "brothers" of autrocities etc.... I gave him copies of articles that I had made to back up what I was saying. I made him read ther right then and there. I made him watch "Stolen Honor" this afternoon. He couldn't stomach it. Literally made him cry. He said his group was supposed to go in and get the POW's. He had no idea that this man who based his campaign upon his being a war "hero" was really a traitor to his country and had no right to run for Commander in Chief.

I have to tell you, this made me break down and bawl.

THIS is what we're fighting for - how much longer will these vets be denied the honor due them for having gone and done what their country asked them to do? That answer lies in part in the results of this election - how much easier a resounding defeat would make the process of vindication of our Vietnam veterans.

There wasn't anything for these guys when they came home. They had nobody except each other - our culture was taught to view them as hair-triggered, drug-crazed rapists and murderers. They were ostracized and marginalized.

John Kerry LED that movement. HE testified to Congress that 80% of the guys in Vietnam just stayed stoned all the time and that thousands of them were returning home as heroin addicts.

HE LED those marches through the neighborhoods where they dropped flyers - "A US Army Infantry Company Just Came Through - if this were Vietnam, we may have burned your homes, destroyed your animals, raped your women, killed your boys, etc." (paraphrased - a copy of that flyer exists here on this site, though)

Please tell your future brother-in-law to log in here. We're all pulling for him - we'll all welcome him HOME, we'll all work to restore his rightful place among veterans and citizens. There are so many more of us now who are willing to stand with our older brothers and sisters in arms. They aren't alone and they've never been more appreciated than they are, now - it is only going to get better for them from now on.

If I could get my copy of Celsius 41.11 to him, I would. It's a total lie that has become urban legend that Bush "stole" the election and that movie lays it out, in facts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: