SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My First Trick or Treater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: My First Trick or Treater Reply with quote

As we all know, tonight was Halloween. I had the house decked out, cobwebs, spooky sounds, lots of candy and such. Waited and waited, no kids came walking up the drive.

After waiting about 45 minutes, I noticed a strange car pull up out front, one I never saw in the neighborhood before. Out stepped two grown adults, full costume complete with masks, Nixon for the man and an adolescent aged child.

All came to the door and held out empty buckets, wanting the normal fare of candy, I supposed. I had plenty, so why not, I thought. Thinking maybe they were foreginers new to the tradition. After I gave the man a couple small bags of M&Ms, he thrust a paper at me and turned to leave. Opening the paper, I read, "General LaRouche says More Will Die From the Flu This Season Than Did on 9-11 Because of Bush/Cheney."

As he was still turning, I crumpled it up and threw it back at him, quite ticked off that they stopped by my house, with all the Bush signs, just to sneakily hand me anti-Bush literature.

Don't know why I did it, but I grabbed a lighter and headed back outside just as they were getting to their car. I picked up the paper and lit it, walking towards them. They must have thought I was going to throw it in their car or something, as they started the car and beat feet out of there. I threw it down on the edge of the street and walked back into the house, fuming.

I would imagine the DNC locally now has word to avoid the gray haired old deranged vet in the blue house on the corner Laughing Rolling Eyes

Cowards wouldn't even show their faces. The wife got home a little after and looked at me a little strange too, but winked at me anyways.
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come some people have all the luck? I could only dream of an opportunity like that. Don't fret. You did the right thing. Wink
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we had our biiiig Bush sign spraypainted last night - our little sign escaped unscathed over the last couple of weeks, and our neighborhood makes Berkley, CA look conservative.

I wasn't too sure about the big one, but the hubby wanted to go for it. It's set up parallel to the street, rather than perpendicular (won't go into details...).

I had such a good laugh this morning when I saw the paint - those rocket scientists only painted the front side facing the street...they didn't get the backside Laughing

So, we're going to leave this symbol of tollerance and free speech just the way it is.... And turn it around to the "good" side on Wed after W wins big! Very Happy
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know why somebody came up with the idea of razor blades in the candy.

Ouch!!
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in California, one of our tiny trick or treaters mumbled something when my wife gave him candy. She bent down and he repeated "Thank you for voting for Bush." (We have a Bush sign in our yard).
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WilliamShipley wrote:
Here in California, one of our tiny trick or treaters mumbled something when my wife gave him candy. She bent down and he repeated "Thank you for voting for Bush." (We have a Bush sign in our yard).

Boy, I'd had dumped the entire candy loot in his bag for that! Hopefully, she told the parent with the child what a WONDERFUL Young Man they were raising!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my ignorance, but won't they be voting for LaRouche. I was thinking at least it's not a vote for Kerry.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had three familys dodge my house, my big W pumpkin worked for me! Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but won't they be voting for LaRouche. I was thinking at least it's not a vote for Kerry.

LaRouche announced back in July that he is mobilizing to get Kerry elected, or Bush defeated, whichever way you want to look at it.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

LaRouche announced back in July that he is mobilizing to get Kerry elected, or Bush defeated, whichever way you want to look at it.

Wow! Kerry's been endorsed by Teddy, Osama, and Lyndon laRouche. Shocked That's the trifecta. Any questions on how to vote? Razz

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: