SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On election day, don't announce results but early voting....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: On election day, don't announce results but early voting.... Reply with quote

Ok, can someone wiser than me explain this to me. I'm listening to Drudge talk about a story in tomorrow's paper about the USA Today releasing a story that Kerry is way out ahead of Bush in the early voting in Florida. So on Election Day, they don't discuss the polling results until the polls have closed but with Early Voting, they can discuss it as it is going along. I'm confused! Shocked
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the medias plan (historically) has been to try and influence voting by putting out exit poll numbers while the polls are still open. By doing so, they hope to influence those leaving from work to vote and the west coast precincts that remain open 3 hours after the east coast precincts close.

My suggestion? You can't stop them so play with them. If asked? Tell them you voted for Kerry! That way their polls will be as skewed as when the DU's bombed the instant poll websites during the debates.

Hey! Won't it be great if we get another "Dewey Wins! headline? Only to see them have to eat that crow the next morning? We did it here in Georgia with the governor's race two years ago. Everyone went to sleep listening to how Guv-nah Roy Barnes had been reelected, only to realize that the rural precincts put a republican in the next morning.

Wink
HawkeyeLonewolf
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: On election day, don't announce results but early voting Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
Ok, can someone wiser than me explain this to me. I'm listening to Drudge talk about a story in tomorrow's paper about the USA Today releasing a story that Kerry is way out ahead of Bush in the early voting in Florida. So on Election Day, they don't discuss the polling results until the polls have closed but with Early Voting, they can discuss it as it is going along. I'm confused! Shocked

They are arses... Smile

I thought USA Today was showing BUSH ahead in Florida...
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trickworm wrote:
Part of the medias plan (historically) has been to try and influence voting by putting out exit poll numbers while the polls are still open. By doing so, they hope to influence those leaving from work to vote and the west coast precincts that remain open 3 hours after the east coast precincts close.

My suggestion? You can't stop them so play with them. If asked? Tell them you voted for Kerry! That way their polls will be as skewed as when the **'s bombed the instant poll websites during the debates.

Hey! Won't it be great if we get another "Dewey Wins! headline? Only to see them have to eat that crow the next morning? We did it here in Georgia with the governor's race two years ago. Everyone went to sleep listening to how Guv-nah Roy Barnes had been reelected, only to realize that the rural precincts put a republican in the next morning.

:wink:

The media has been saying that they won't call a state until that state's polls have closed. It just seems hypocritical to be releasing articles like this. Oh, I have always planned to lie if polled while exiting. Only problem is they don't exit where we live, they already know the result. I'm Southern by Birth but live in Bush Country by the Grace of God.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of a 'secret' ballot?
/CD
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there's the absentee ballots.......
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see how they can possibly call flordia, or ohio with all the voter fraud going on. Their are lawsuits everywhere, and duplicate votes and provisional votes and well the list goes on. I would be very wary of them calling the state unless it is lead by a very wide margin.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its about supressing the Bush vote. However, the MSM is in for a big surprise. We shall be the victors tomorrow..ignore it..as those stupid polls this morning..all tied bs..weekend polling is horrific, always has been..

..and as my dh says, "How can you poll 525 people and tell me that is what the 150,000,000 think?" He is right..today, ignore it all..

explain it to you? MSM wants Kerry to win..case closed..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect that all "exit polling" of early voters would show
Kerry ahead.

Unless I'm mistaken most early voting only allows the voter to
cast a vote for President. So you are getting the AnybodybutBush
people out early. They are not civic minded and are willing
to give up their vote on local candidates.

Plus alot of them are lazy and don't want to stand in longer lines on
election day. Kerry people.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken most early voting only allows the voter to
cast a vote for President. So you are getting the AnybodybutBush
people out early. They are not civic minded and are willing
to give up their vote on local candidates.

I guess this statement confuses my simple thinking mind - is the poster saying that where they vote early there is special ballots for President only? I doubt that - you get a complete ballot early or otherwise
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: