SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Bush will win big tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Why Bush will win big tomorrow Reply with quote

Pulled this off of freerepublic. Keep positive folks, do not, I repeat, do not let the bastards get you down!!!!!

Why Bush Will Win Big Tomorrow
PoliPundit.com ^ | 11-1-04 | D. J. Drummond

Factors

Here we are, the last day before the Federal Election, and a great many chattering outlets are playing that smash hit, “We Dunno What’s Gonna Happen“, with that riveting cast, The Wild-A Guesses. And we have seen all sorts of ’signals’ and ‘indicators’, from the winners of certain football games to the more popular coffee cups at convenience stores, from Al Franken and Michael Moore to Michael Savage and Ann Coulter, from the ridiculously partisan John Zogby to, well, the just as ridiculously partisan Dan Rather. The political landscape looks and smells like the explosion of a wastewater treatment plant.

I have received a lot of emails asking me to say who has the reliable polls, who I’m reading these final days to see what’s going on. I have also received a lot of mail suggesting hidden factors and important subgroups. For all of this, thanks, but I have worked in all the salient information in my predictions already. Some of what was suggested is not really relevant, and some is relevant, but not to the degree suggested. To explain this, I want to put together a model of the voters for this year.

To start with, both Bush and Kerry have a central core of voters upon whom they may rely, no matter what. For President Bush, it’s not hard to see where these come from. They are the people who voted for him in 2000, who have not seen any reason to leave. From what I have read and heard, it appears that about 60% of the original Bush backers have stayed on board as his 2004 core. Since Bush pulled 47.9% of the Popular Vote, his base for 2004 starts around 28.7%, which sounds low, but remember, that’s his hard base.

Senator Kerry also starts with a base, which in his case are the people who strongly oppose the President. Gallup shows that at least 35% of the voters polled have held an unfavorable impression of Bush. About 60% of that number is pretty hard-line, so once he became the Democrat Front-Runner, John Kerry pulled a base of 21.0% for his base.

That leaves 50.3% to sort out.

With all the attention on the ‘Battleground’ states, the ‘Safe’ states have not been getting a lot of attention. When you look at them, however, what you generally see are two things. The big-population states are settling for 2004, very much as they did in 2000. However, there are a number of states which are showing changes, and generally they are showing Bush has gained in many places. Even where he has not gained by enough to win the state, he has gained support (New Jersey for example; while Kerry may well still take NJ, it’s pretty obvious he won’t win it by the 15-point margin Gore enjoyed). So, I add 10 points to Kerry, but 15 more to Dubya, making it 43.7% Bush, 31.0% Kerry, with another 25.3% to sort out.

Now, it’s clear that Ohio and Florida are tough places. Florida is acting pretty much the same way it did in 2000, but Ohio is looking bit weaker for Bush. Add another 3 points to Kerry for the effect in New Hampshire and Ohio. 43.7-34.0, 22.3 left to work out.

At this point, I stop to consider one of the fables of the 2004 campaign: That millions of newly registered voters are going to swarm in and flood turnout. I don’t think so, and here’s why: The 2004 Election, when you get past the hype, is not all that different from other elections called “The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime“. I’m old enough to remember when the Democrats warned in 1976, that a Ford victory would overturn Roe v. Wade, even though Gerald Ford never once made such a claim. Of course, in that election at least, RvW was recent enough to be a relevant issue, as opposed to the shrill paranoia voiced today. I can recall in 1980, when we were told that the choice for President would decide whether we lost to the Soviets or not. I can recall in 1992, when we were assured that only a lawyer should have a say in writing law, not a man who can’t spell ‘potato’. I can recall in 2000, how Al Gore promised that “black churches will burn” if Bush is elected. In all of those elections, there was a big push to get people registered to vote, but when it came time to actually go vote, many of these newly registered voters had other things to do, instead. Historically, that’s been engrained. Historically, getting anything above 60% turnout (of the VAP) is considered a miracle. Now then, as it happens, about 80% of the Voting Age Population (VAP) gets registered (that’s not so bad; many of the remaining 20% are not eligible to register), so that somewhere between 70 and 75% of the Registered Voters go and vote. Compare the remaining 25% of the RV sample, to the 22.3% my sample shows remaining, and you can see a rough-draft sample of 77.7% of the RV voing, or 62.2% estimated turnout of the VAP, allowing for record turnout (or at least the best in many years), with Bush well ahead of Kerry.

Now then, we can refine things a bit, but recalling that Kerry does well in urban areas (which will also increase his numbers in bad-weather states; it’s simply easier to get to the polls in a city during bad weather, than in many rural states) and enjoys a smooth machine for getting people to/from polling places. That’s worth about 3% right there. Also, however, the GOP grass-roots effort this year is much better organized than the Democrats, giving the GOP a couple points back, I’d say.

Anyway, with 77.7% of the RV actually projected to vote, Bush’s 43.7% of the total RV becomes 56.2% of the actual vote. Kerry’s 34.0% of the RV becomes 43.8% of the actual vote. Give Ralph somewhere around 1% of the vote, and another 1% float out to other candidates, and we shake out to something like 55% Bush, 43% Kerry.

So, is this just a guess? Maybe so, but it’s an educated guess; all this talk about changing the definition of “Likely Voters” and assuming that people who had to be prodded to register will suddenyl be enthusiastic about actually voting, or that the difference all year between the strength-of-support for Bush and the strength-of-support for Kerry won’t show up in the voting results, is just hype to spin a story. People, I have found, are generally creature sof habit, and what they used to do they will continue to do. In some ways, that’s good for Kerry, because there are a lot of people who consider themselves Democrats, and they have pretty much made clear that Democrats will support Kerry, while GOP will suport Bush. However, the information at hand indicates that Bush has been steady and strong in his base of support, while he has made in roads in a number of key demographics, like Women, Blacks, Jews, Catholics, People Able to Pay Attention to Facts, etc. The information I see, coupled with Bush’s trips into a number of “blue” states, indicates a confidence that indicates the President’s pollsters tell him the same information I am reading.

In the end, it always comes down to getting the butts out and voting, but if you want a clear call, it’s going to be Bush, and it’s going to be big. Not saying this so we can relax, but so we can be optimistic while we work.

-- DJ Drummond

Zell Miller
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasonable arguments. It doesn't make any sense if Bush gets less than what he got in the last election. In the last election he got around 47%.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post, Chuck the Cigar Guy. This election cycle has been more than normally schizophrenic; I am seeing and hearing and sensing one thing, and being told another by the OIM and their court jester pundits. Ah well, what else is new?

Illegitimi non Carborundum: Never let the bastards get you down.
Stee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to get the panties in a bunch. the poll data is supplied by the same people who do not want the truth to come out. BUT IT WILL!!! spread the word about the treasonist liar and put him in his place..........
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still going to be a "Maloxx Moment".
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush's poll analysis was so interesting. The way they are weighting the polls sounds all wrong....the pollster that was more correct than others state by state was Mason-Dixon and their polls have Bush up in crucial states......I am sure Rush will have his transcript up for today's show soon.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been figuring 56/43, but on straight voting. Not repeat voters.
With rain and cold in the forecast for some heavily dem areas, i feel dems will vote, but won't try going precinct to precinct voting multiples.
Cold and rain will also discourage young first time voters..
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The transcript of Rush Limbaugh's analysis of the polls - read it and smile!!!! Very Happy

Quote:

Poll Analysis: Don't Buy All the BS

November 1, 2004

Listen to Rush dig to find the positive numbers the partisan press is [i]ignoring in their own polls[/i]..........

I promise we're going to go through some of the polling as it exists today and some of the analysis of it, and I'm doing this because there is such a breathless interest in this, and so many people are hanging on the polling for your mood. Many people are, you know, poll to poll, analyst to analyst, update to update for their moods -- and I understand this. I wish it weren't the case because you're really transferring a lot of power to these pollsters when you do that. I mean, if they all said the same thing, then you might be able to say, "Okay, something's happening," but they're all not saying the same. They're all over the ballpark, and so I bet you're on a seesaw or roller coaster. You'll see a poll that you like, "All right!" Then you'll see another poll that says something different: "Oh, no!"

This is human nature. Most people tend to believe the negative rather than the positive. Most people think their team is going to lose the big game in the Super Bowl than will win it. You always have more fear that you're going to lose something than you have joy that you're going to win it. You save that for when it actually happens. So you get subjected to your emotions going on a roller coaster on these up-and-down polls, and I maintain that that's part and parcel of some of the media spin that's happening. I think all of the reporting on this early voting or much of it is designed to affect your mood. I think this endless parade of people that you see in Florida or everywhere else there's early voting, there's a sort of an implication there that this is the result of Democrat voter registration, because that's all we've heard about is early voting.

"They're really fired up! Oh, man they're angry! Oooooh, they can't wait to kick Bush out!" So we see the pictures to go along with what's being reported. "See it's all Democrats. Oh, woe is us! They've already beaten us to the polls," and blah, blah. Don't fall for all that, because nobody knows what's going to happen here. Nobody even knows what the turnout is going to be. They've got all these prognostications and guesses. You know, I'll tell you what my nirvana would be. It's never happened en masse. It has happened sporadically on occasion, not really in presidential races. But I would just love to see, because of all of the different variables here, I would just love to see all these polls be as wrong as they have ever, ever been. That to me would be almost as exciting as Kerry being vanquished by the same large number that the polls I hope are wrong by.

The reason I say this, I saw Gallup -- this is two weeks ago when I pointed this out to you – Gallup/USA Today/CNN had a poll, and they released three different results in this poll. There were registered voters, likely voters and a new definition of likely voters, and in the old conventional way of reporting likely voters, Bush was up eight nationwide in the horse race: 52-43. It was nine, whatever it was, an eight- or nine-point spread. But Gallup said: We're not sure if we can use the conventional likely voter definition because there may be a new one that we need, in that one it's only a two-point race. "Likely voters" is the sample this year of people who definitely voted last election.

But the new likely voter definition includes people who didn't vote last year but registered for the first time this year who damn so mad they can't wait to get out there and vote. So you throw people who have never voted before into a likely voter pool. I'm sorry, folks. This has to break down in some professor's statistics class, and as you will hear, when I finally get to my poll -- wait till you hear what Gallup did today in order to show a tie. I think it's Gallup. They're all running to head. Just wait till you hear this. They just made an assumption that the undecideds are going to break 90% for Kerry, to close the gap in one of these polls here.

RUSH: Michael Barone makes an interesting point here and I want to echo this. It's about conventional wisdom. Conventional wisdom, the old CW, it's a staple in American politics, and it becomes a staple of their reporting of American politics. How often is the conventional wisdom wrong? It's frequently wrong. What is the conventional wisdom of this election if you had to say? I'll ask you, Mr. Snerdley, since you're a keen observer. What is the conventional wisdom of how...? I'll specify for you because I don't want to confuse you here with a big universe of possible answers. What is the conventional wisdom of how this election is going to be decided? Dooba dooba doo. [Program observer gives wrong answer] Nope, nope, nope. Lawyers is the answer.

The conventional wisdom is that lawyers are gonna decide it. (news) The conventional wisdom is it's going to be so close that we're not going to have an answer on Tuesday night. The conventional wisdom is that lawyers are going to be suing. Conventional wisdom is John Kerry is going to declare victory if he loses. Well, it is. That's what the conventional wisdom is. How often is the conventional wisdom wrong? If you take a look at statistical analysis, what are the odds, folks, that you have in a number of states the scenario we had in Florida last time around? What are the Kerry lawyers primarily focusing on these provisional ballots? They're not focusing on people actually show up and vote. They can only do that if the vote is close. What made Florida possible was that there were only 1,200 votes separating after the first count last year.

But in New Hampshire last time, the Gore campaign couldn't find a way to challenge Bush in New Hampshire because the margin was 7,000 votes but they wanted to. They just couldn't find a way that would whittle that down. But with all these provisional ballots and all this early registration, the conventional wisdom is that lawyers are going to decide this race. The conventional wisdom is often wrong, and we'll just have to wait and see on Tuesday night if it proves out to be. Let's start with this analysis. First, in the in order I have it here, it's the order it came in. Most recent first: SlateMSN.com. Now, just last week, this bunch asked their entire staff, interns, janitors, editors, writers, to voice their preference, and it was like thirty-three for Kerry and three for Bush, and one of the people that was for Bush was Bill Saletan, William Saletan. (story) So here's their Election Scorecard today where the presidential race stands today:

"If the election were held today, Bush would be the winner with 286 electoral votes. Kerry would be the loser with 252 electoral votes. Bush has 168 solid, 59 are likely, and 59 are iffy. Kerry has 149 solid, 75 likely, and 28 iffy. He has far less room to maneuver, far fewer roots to get to 270 than does Bush." Here's their analysis of these numbers as of noon today: "Last night, we warned that Florida and Ohio were on a knife's edge and that Kerry couldn't survive if he lost both. This morning, we got two polls that nudged both states ever so slightly back to Bush. Now, the only reason we've had these slates leaning one way or the other in the last 24 hours is that we decided at the outset of this project to allocate even the iffiest states. So when you look at all the data, Florida and Ohio are tossups, by favoring one criterion over another you can make a solid argument for either candidate in either state. We warned last night not to make too much of Kerry's 299, which it was last night. We'll warn now not to make too much of Bush's 286."

So here comes the temperate on the day of the vote. Now, in USA Today there's a poll today that has the race tied 49-49. Nationwide USA Today/CNN/Gallup poll shows an extraordinarily bitter and expensive campaign prepared to end. Now, that's their quote, 49-49. By the way, wait till you hear. Have you seen the CBS/New York Times poll with Bush up three? You've heard about that. That's out today. It actually came out last night, published in the papers today. CBS/New York Times has Bush up three in the national horse race. Wait till you hear the internals of this poll. It isn't even close. It isn't even close in the internals. It's all coming up but sit tight. First off this USA Today trick or CNN/Gallup trick. They put out a poll today that shows Bush and Kerry tied nationwide 49-49.

But wait! The poll actually shows President Bush leading Senator Kerry 49-47 among likely voters. Well, hold it a minute here. I thought that's what polls were likely voters and registered voters, and likely voters is what you focus on more, and in likely voters the Bush presidency campaign is up 49-47. So how did USA Today/CNN/Gallup determine the race was a tie? Well, this is where it gets interesting. They "distributed" the 3% of voters who say they're undecided. They "distributed" them! How did they do this? Well, according to the reporter Susan Page, and this is a quote, "Gallup's formula assumes that nine of ten of the undecided voters would support Kerry based on analyses of previous presidential races involving an incumbent."

That's why this project would be thrown out of a reasonable, responsible professor's statistics class. You just assume, Gallup's formula assumes nine of ten of the undecided would support Kerry? The problem with the formula is it's wrong to boot. There is no previous presidential race in a generation or maybe beyond that shows 90% of the undecided voters breaking toward the challenger. One of the reasons they say this is because Bush is not at this precious 50%, and so if he's not there, that's bad for the incumbent, and the undecideds usually trend at the last minute to the challenger. If it's true at all it's in congressional races, but it's not true in presidential races.

If you consult the University of Michigan National Election Survey of Undecided Voters, what you find is that based on the results in '96, '92 and '84 -- we're going back 20 years -- an average 30.6% voted for the challenger, 32% for the incumbent, 16% for other, and 21% didn't vote." See, there's a dirty little secret here is that all these polls assume the undecideds are all going to vote. We don't know. In the morning the undecideds may get up, and they just may be so fed up, "Screw this." They just don't go vote. Some of them don't vote. But listen to the breakdowns again: In the last 20 years, in the last three elections, '84, '92, '96, and average 30.6% of the undecideds vote for the challenger, 32% more vote for the incumbent, 16% voted for other, and 21% didn't vote.

It's also worth noting that if you examine the internals of today's New York Times, you'll find that fiscal undecided voters are leaning toward voting for the president. They didn't put this in the news story, but it's in there. If you click on the link for the whole poll, it stares at you like a sore thumb, and I have those internals, and I will share those internals with you as soon as we come back from the bottom-of-the-hour break. Speaking of the Times poll, you have to wait until the last sentence of the sixth paragraph of their story on their own poll to find out the president's leading by three points. The whole story is quotes from nervous Nellies who are about to have pre-election anxiety disorder, and they just can't stand it and they hate Bush. A story which Bush is up three features quotes from people who are scared to death Bush is going to win.

RUSH: By the way, the Wall Street Journal today has a story by three guys -- John Harwood is one of them -- highly reputed. This story also referenced with a depressing tone in ABC's The Note. Let me just slide over to the computer and read this to you. The three Wall Street Journal reporters write that "Bush advisors noted late movement toward the Republican ticket in Ohio. One senior Kerry advisor, after days in which that campaign had been especially bullish on the state, predicts now that Florida's 27 electoral votes may be easier to grab than Ohio's." And these are guys talking about to the Wall Street Journal and The Note in the journal today, not as much confidence out of the Kerry campaign as there has been over the weekend and, you know, I could have told you this.

People are going nuts over the weekend polling that show Bush way down and Kerry way up. Everybody knows, even the pollsters, that when you start calling on the weekends, you throw those samples out. They don't reflect at all what happens during the week, because people are not at home, and for some reason it's mostly Republicans that aren't at home on Friday night, Saturday night. High school football, trick-or-treating, who knows what they're doing out there but it's clear that Republicans probably have a lot more fun that Democrats do. They're all hate-filled. They've got seething rage out there. How much can they be enjoying themselves? Republicans in the meantime, confident, upbeat, enjoying their family and so forth, not home to take that precious call for your friendly pollster.

Awe, too bad, and we haven't talked at great length about the cell phones but, you know, more and more people are getting away from using land lines at home as their primary phones and use their cell phones. All right, here are the internals from the New York Times. This, by the way, does not appear in their story. I have the story. I have the New York Times story here, and as it was just mentioned. You've got to read the sixth paragraph to learn that Bush is up three. In fact, the headline of their poll: "Bush Leads, Uncertainty Reigns." Bush is up three in their poll; that's the headline! CBS News story: "Bush Leads, Uncertainty Reigns," and they quote a bunch of people scared to death. Here are the internals: John Kerry has a 41% favorable, Bush 47% unfavorable. This is Kerry's worst ever.

President Bush has a 48% favorable, 41% unfavorable. That's his best rating since last December. Undecided voters lean to Bush 50-47, which validates the Pew poll finding and calls the Gallup number into question. Remember, the Gallup number assigns nine-of-the-ten undecided voters to Kerry, based on some antiquated formula that doesn't even statically apply. Sixty-six percent of Bush voters strongly favor their candidate; 50% of Kerry voters strongly favor theirs. No surprise. Most Kerry voters just hate Bush. Again, these are the New York Times poll internals, CBS/New York Times. By a 49-34% margin, voters expect Bush to win: 15-point margin. In the New York Times poll internals, not in their story, 49-34 voters expect Bush to win.

Bush has a 49-44% job approval rating. "The country on the right track" number today is 43. In 1996, on this same poll, at this same time, it was 39% under Bill Clinton. Forty-eight percent of voters will vote on national security issues. Only 33% on domestic issues. By a 54-29% margin voters believe the Bush administration has made them safer -- CBS/New York Times internal data here -- 53% of voters do not think that Kerry "agrees with their priorities," his worst number ever, 42% believe he has the same priorities. Forty-eight percent of voters don't think that Bush agrees with their priorities; 49% believe he does. Fifty-two percent of voters think that Kerry has leadership qualities -- that's his lowest number ever in this poll -- 62% of voters think Bush has leadership qualities. Fifty-seven percent of voters are uneasy with Kerry's ability to handle a crisis.

Sixty percent believe Kerry says what people want to hear; only 36% say that about Bush. Is it any wonder that the New York Times and CBS did not put this data from the internals into their story? Fifty-three percent of Americans say we did the right thing in Iraq; only 42% disagree. That's an 11-point spread on, "Did we do the right thing in Iraq?" in Bush's favor. Thirty-one percent say their families are better off than they were four years ago; 40% say they're about the same. Add it up, that means that 71% say it's the same or better; 29% would be worse. Yet all we've heard is this horrible economic reporting day in and day out. There's great economic news out there today, too, that nobody will care about, that has to do with consumer confidence and consumer spending.

Most importantly, the percentage of voters who call themselves "liberal" in the New York Times/CBS poll has declined 17%, the lowest number since 1997. Thirty-five percent called themselves conservative, double the number. These are the internals from the Sunday, October 31st, New York Times/CBS poll. And then from the Kerry Spot at National Review Online under the title "Check the Internals of These Polls, Folks." "Some folks on the left are enthused about this from USA Today. 'In Florida, 30% of registered voters said they already had cast their ballots, using early voting sites and absentee ballots. They supported Kerry 51%-43%." That's in the USA Today/CNN/Gallup poll. "So let's go to the Gallup's website. Let's go to the Gallup website and find out what they say there. Here are the numbers:

Florida numbers reflect an allocation of those who already voted but refuse to say who they voted for. Those respondent's responses were allocated in portion to how other early voters voted, 54% Bush, 46% Kerry. So you wonder, "What did USA Today do here?" Follow me on this. I know it's tough to follow numbers on the radio, but do make an effort here because this is profound. In Florida -- this is in the USA Today story on the Gallup poll -- in Florida, 30% of registered voters said they had already cast their ballots using early voting sites and absentee and all those 30% early voters support Kerry 54-43. Okay, so somebody went to the Gallup site to see if they found that, and here instead is what they found from the Gallup site: "Florida numbers reflect an allocation." Once again they're allocating. They allocated nine of ten of the undecided votes to Kerry based on a formula: The undecideds always break for the challenger. We proved that's not true.

Florida numbers reflect an allocation of those who already voted but refuse to say who they voted for. So what they did, they talked to people who voted early but wouldn't tell them how and assigned them anyway! Now, before they made the assignment those respondents' responses were allocated in proportion to how other early voters voted 54-Bush, 46 Kerry. How does that lead to Kerry 51, Bush 43 at USA Today? Why are they allocating anyway? Why are they assigning exit poll data to people who didn't participate in the exit poll? One, this would appear to contradict the above statement that Kerry led among early votes 51-43% and can a pollster do what they did above. A certain number of poll respondents didn't answer, and Gallup decides that their votes break down proportional to the ones who did?

Seems like a bit of an assumption, doesn't it? Also, the results are based on telephone interviews with 1,300 registered voters in Florida. This means 390 registered voters in this poll had voted already. This also means that out of the 1,300 polled, 195 said they had already voted for Kerry and 168 said they had already voted for Bush. The third weird thing about the Gallup poll as the organization puts it. This poll, "Represents a significant improvement for Kerry in the past week, who trailed Bush by eight points among likely voters in Florida in our October 21-24 poll. This also represents the first time Kerry has had a numerical advantage over Bush in the six Florida polls conducted by Gallup during the campaign."

So we are led to believe here that Kerry goes from down eight to up three in the course of a week in the state of Florida? We can all agree that Bush's lead may not have been as big as eight points, but everybody has their doubts about an 11-point swing not mirrored by other polls, and then an 11-point swing is arrived at by assigning votes or voters who wouldn't indicate how they voted, assigning them a preference, and by assuming that undecided voters voted nine of ten for Kerry. Now, the one thing that I have to point out here, it was last week, ABC did a very early exit poll of early voters. It was Bush 51, Kerry 45, and that was a supposed nationwide sample. Of course, we're just talking Florida here and the Gallup poll.

RUSH: Poll analysis here: Get the New York Times with Bush up three; same thing in the Pew Research Center poll. Bush holds a slight edge over Senator Kerry, about a 1,925 likely voter sample. Bush with a three-point edge 48-45. Ralph Nader draws 1%, 6% are undecided. Let's look at state by state Mason-Dixon polls. These are state-by-state polls, and let me give you a little history: Mason-Dixon was the most correct pollster in 2002, picking the right winner in 22 out of 23 polls. Their average error on each candidate was 1.8%. By comparison in 2002, Zogby picked the wrong winner in 5 out of 17 races. He only got 12 right, with an average error on each candidate about 2-1/2%. So with that, Mason-Dixon getting 22 of 23 states correct in 2002, here we go, Florida -- and these results were out yesterday. Florida, Bush 49-45. Arkansas, Bush 51-43. Colorado, Bush 50-43. Ohio, Bush 48-46. Iowa, Bush 49-44. Michigan, Kerry 47-45. Missouri, Bush 49, Kerry 45. New Hampshire, Kerry 47, Bush 45. Nevada Bush 50, Kerry 44. West Virginia, Bush 51, Kerry 43. Oregon, Kerry 50, Bush 44. Pennsylvania Kerry, 48, Bush 46. Wisconsin, Kerry 48, Bush 46. Minnesota Bush 48-47. New Mexico, Bush 49, Kerry 45. If it happens that way, it's over, my dear friends. We've got Florida for Bush. We got Ohio for Bush. That's it. It's over, if Mason-Dixon is correct about this.

IYDKMIGTHTKY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my first time voting, BUSH had better win Smile

(still am scratching my head about how Kerry made it this far)

I should've voted in past elections, perhaps the country would not be in the same shape as it is.

all that I can say is that I'm proud of President BUSH and will forever vote from now on in future elections.

PS: this website ROCKS!!!
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ is very knowledgeable about this stuff. I've seen him kick butt in many online debates on the topic. Here's to hoping he's right.

Keith
http://thinkinboutstuff.netfirms.com/
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read another biased piece by Zogby against Bush today in Financial Times which is in same league as Guardian in UK. Reckon Zogby trying to appear objective pollster in USA whilst writing tendentious garbage in UK, typical slimey trick, but it doesn't work. And I'll be writing to FT later re their biased B.S. in other articles. It sometimes pays to read the opposition, but it's a tough duty.
Woodrow
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy called in on DFW radio station today, said his dad in NM is lifelong Democrat went to vote for Kerry. When he got in the booth, he couldn't vote for him. Said he couldn't change horses in mid-stream. Alot of good people will cross party lines this election. Character counts.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodrow wrote:
A guy called in on DFW radio station today, said his dad in NM is lifelong Democrat went to vote for Kerry. When he got in the booth, he couldn't vote for him. Said he couldn't change horses in mid-stream. Alot of good people will cross party lines this election. Character counts.

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Dems are going to go for Bush in the privacy of the voting booth. They just won't be able to make themselves pull the lever for Kerry.

GWB landslide.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: