SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whom Can You Trust?? Careful With Your Click! Ha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Whom Can You Trust?? Careful With Your Click! Ha Reply with quote

Now you know who hosts one of the electoral college vote
tracking sites.
Make it a careful clicking kinda day.
Mary Ann Parker

Man Comes Forward As Web Site Originator
By The Associated Press

November 1, 2004, 12:46 PM EST

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-electoral-predictor,0,1840232,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

History may never know how many working hours were lost to Andrew Tanenbaum's Web site, www.electoral-vote.com.

The site features a map of the United States in shades of blue, red, pink and white and a tally of which way the electoral college vote will go if the most recent polls are correct. (White is for tied, light blue is for states that are weakly leaning toward Kerry, pink is for states that are weakly leaning toward Bush.)

Updated as the poll numbers from each state arrive, it has become one of the world's 1,000 most popular Web sites and gets 600,000 visitors a day, according to Tanenbaum. At 11 a.m. EST, the site had Kerry ahead of Bush, 298 electoral votes to 231.

Until Monday, Tanenbaum maintained his anonymity.

Tanenbaum, an American living in Amsterdam, where he is a computer science professor at Vrije Universiteit, posted his biography on the site Monday. He said he lives in The Netherlands because his wife, who is Dutch, "couldn't do her kind of work in the U.S. whereas I could work anywhere."

He started the Web site as a means to register other overseas voters. Until last week, the site featured a banner ad giving voter registration information to overseas voters.

A Democrat, and a former lobbyist for the Sierra Club, Tanenbaum ran for a spot as an overseas delegate to the Democratic National Convention, but lost.
Copyright © 2004, The Associated Press
PhD candidate
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Whom Can You Trust?? Careful With Your Click! Ha Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
Now you know who hosts one of the electoral college vote
tracking sites.
Make it a careful clicking kinda day.
Mary Ann Parker

Man Comes Forward As Web Site Originator
By The Associated Press

November 1, 2004, 12:46 PM EST

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-electoral-predictor,0,1840232,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

History may never know how many working hours were lost to Andrew Tanenbaum's Web site, www.electoral-vote.com.

The site features a map of the United States in shades of blue, red, pink and white and a tally of which way the electoral college vote will go if the most recent polls are correct. (White is for tied, light blue is for states that are weakly leaning toward Kerry, pink is for states that are weakly leaning toward Bush.)

Updated as the poll numbers from each state arrive, it has become one of the world's 1,000 most popular Web sites and gets 600,000 visitors a day, according to Tanenbaum. At 11 a.m. EST, the site had Kerry ahead of Bush, 298 electoral votes to 231.

Until Monday, Tanenbaum maintained his anonymity.

Tanenbaum, an American living in Amsterdam, where he is a computer science professor at Vrije Universiteit, posted his biography on the site Monday. He said he lives in The Netherlands because his wife, who is Dutch, "couldn't do her kind of work in the U.S. whereas I could work anywhere."

He started the Web site as a means to register other overseas voters. Until last week, the site featured a banner ad giving voter registration information to overseas voters.

A Democrat, and a former lobbyist for the Sierra Club, Tanenbaum ran for a spot as an overseas delegate to the Democratic National Convention, but lost.
Copyright © 2004, The Associated Press

so what exactly is this supposed to prove? there is a bio on the webpage:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/info/votemaster-faq.html

I guess I am no so quick to jump up and say he's a democrat, so he's working the numbers. not that it doesn't happen, but one does not equate the other. this is the kind of divisive stuff that has really bothered me this election year. I suppose I could go through and analyze all of the polls he uses each day to update his projections. it's all listed in black and white on his page.

or you can believe this guy:
http://www.electionprojection.com/archives100104.html#projectionsites

up to you, really. after all, as I have seen posted time and again by the mods on this board, there ARE democrats who are member of this group. so, I state again, are all democrats bad?
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: An Apology For PHD Reply with quote

No PHD.
I meant no offense.
I found the numbers skewed according to my
comparing with other sources.

I had no idea until today if it were man or beast behind
the page.

Actually,
I have sworn off polls, maps, etc. for quite some time.

I have been extremely disappointed in the proof positive
of the bias in the MSM , the tactics in this particular campaign
and many other aspects of the election.

My greatest angst is knowing that we
PUT A MAN ON THE MOON 35 YEARS AGO, and we as a nation
have not addressed the magnificent privilege of casting an
honorable vote for our leaders.

In America, one of the leaders of the free world, we have NOT
addressed VOTER FRAUD.....

It comes in many forms.

That is all.

You would have to know my big, wonderful and diverse family and
friends to know that no offense was intended.

If any is taken, please accept my apology. It is never ok to
generalize. It is just hard sometimes not to do in the haste and
passion of a mission like this.

Make it a wonderful day.
Mary Ann Parker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: