SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curt Schilling’s Letter to America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Curt Schilling’s Letter to America Reply with quote

From one hero to other heroes.
I did not see this in another forum.
If it is there, zap this.
I did want everyone to enjoy those sweet sentiments.
Make it a wonderful day.
Mary Ann Parker

Curt Schilling’s Letter to America

Even before starring for the Red Sox in this year’s World Series on an ankle with a dislocated tendon that had to be sutured to his skin before he could pitch, Schilling was a hero of the 2001 World Series.

At the time he pitched for the Arizona Diamondbacks and after Major League Baseball decided to go ahead with that series in spite of the attacks that had just occurred a few weeks earlier, Schilling issued a letter to the American people.

Schilling wrote: “My wife Shonda, and our three young children stepped outside on Friday at 7 p.m., lit a candle and prayed together. We prayed that those heroic men and women of the NYPD, FDNY and the U.S. Government that sacrificed their lives in the minutes following the first explosion at the World Trade Center are now in a safe and beautiful place.

To those families that lost loved ones in the NYPD and in the FDNY, I can only offer our sincerest thank you. Please know that athletes in this country look to your husbands and wives as they may have looked at the men of our profession when they were young, as heroes, as idols, for they are everything every man should strive to be in life and they died in a way reserved only for those who would make the ultimate sacrifice for this nation, and for the freedom we oftentimes take for granted. …

The flags in this country fly at half-staff to honor those that have fallen, but the flags are the only thing going half way in this country and it's my belief that that will not change.

I believe our president when he says retribution will be swift and total, as an American it's all I can go on but based on what I have seen done these past few days being done by other Americans it's more than enough.

To those out there that serve in the military, and to those with children serving in the military I offer my sincerest thanks, and our prayers are with you and yours in the days and weeks to come.

We know you'll do us proud.”
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nece, very nice. And it is heartfelt ... you can just feel it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: