SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox and Friends - Wesley Clark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
difficultfish
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Fox and Friends - Wesley Clark Reply with quote

I haven't seen this posted, so please forgive me if this is a duplicate. I know it doesn't matter much at this point, however it just shows what a disaster Kerry will be if he becomes president:

Kerry Surrogate Sees Need to Define 'Terror'
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
November 01, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - Retired Gen. Wesley Clark, campaigning Monday for Sen. John F. Kerry, said the U.S. and its allies must "agree on a common definition of terror"; and he said the Bush administration plans to invade Syria and maybe Iran once the job in Iraq is done.

In a satellite interview with Fox & Friends Monday morning, Clark was asked what Sen. John F. Kerry would do right away to protect national security: Diplomacy, Clark responded.

"It means dealing with our allies to agree on a common definition of terror. What are the standards of proof? What are the elements of the crime? How do we exchange information?

"John Ashcroft has done very little to internationalize our ability to create a seamless environment so we can go after terrorists everywhere," Clark said. He didn't explain what that meant.

Fox & Friends host E.D. Hill, surprised by Clark's comments, said, "So what you're saying is that we should talk to the folks over in Europe and elsewhere to define what a terrorist is?"

"And we should be putting them in court," Clark agreed. He criticized the Bush administration for detaining thousands of terrorists - and then releasing "almost all of them."

Clark also said the United States should "talk to the Syrians and the Iranians" because they are "feeding the problem in Iraq."

He said the Bush administration "has let people in the Middle East know that after we win in Iraq, we're going to be in Syria and maybe Iran."

Marc Racicot, chairman of the Bush-Cheney campaign, told Fox & Friends that the Kerry campaign doesn't have a plan - because Sen. Kerry is trying to appeal to people who don't support the war in Iraq.

"So he tried to figure out, 'How can I skate my way through this problem and be against Iraq and still be for the war on terror?' You just can't do it," Racicot said.

Other men see only a hopeless end, but the Christian rejoices in an endless hope...Gilbert Brenken
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight. The terrorists are running amok in the world, killing people, including Americans, daily, and Kerry's solution is to put the war on terror on hold, convene a grand symposium, and get the definition of "terrorism" pinned down?

Ye Gods! How do these idiots get even 10% of the vote?
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think these people should not attempt to define 'terror' until they figure out what the meaning of 'is' is.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the same interview. It's hard to keep from switching the channel. It's so unbelievable the stupidity! Either pure evil or stupidity.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesley Clark and Bill Clinton will have to get together and decided what the meaning of the word "terror" is and then they will have to convene a coalition of other European countries to decide when a killer becomes an actual "terrorist". I mean, did they REALLY instill "terror" in the person they killed, if not, then they can't ACTUALLY be referred to as a "terrorist", merely a warrior or fighter.

But then what exactly does the word "terror" mean after all?? Is it akin to horror or dread.....or closer to say....uh....fear and loathing? How do we know for SURE if the person is experiencing actual terror and not just normal everyday fear? If it's just everyday fear then the person instilling it is a fearrorist but not a terrorist and therefore won't fall under the war on terror.

SUch nuances are all important when dealing with negotiations in foreign countries. One would never want to declare a war on mere fearrorists, but only terrorists.

Kerry has a plan to ONLY go after the terrorists.....and not to ever kill a fearrorist. It's the failure of the Bush administration that they've killed a large number of men who were only fearrorists. John Kerry would never let this happen.......blah blah blah Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry doesn't think Irish terrorists are real terrorists.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=76122&highlight=irish#76122
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this time, we've had terrorists all over the world and right here under our nose was John Kerry, King Psychiatrist to Terrorists.
I guess the USA will build Terrorist rehab centers all over the world, locations to be aproved by the UN, of course, to help the poor, warped victims. This will all take place around the same time that all the paralyzed will stand up and walk. It's going to beautiful!

God, we must be the laughing stock to have this guy this close to being our president. It's like a long long nightmare from which we can't wake up.

I'm so embarassed for all the pathetic, gullible fools who will vote for this psycho-maniac.
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wesley had an AK stuck up his nose he would know what terror is....no need to check Websters Shocked
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkhorse18 wrote:
If Wesley had an AK stuck up his nose he would know what terror is....no need to check Websters Shocked

My my......that wouldn't be terror that would be a turkey shoot. Rolling Eyes
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weasley Clark is on Kerry's short list for SecDef. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Schadow
Jim T.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the taste of what the elite Europeans think of "terrorists."

PARIS, Oct. 28 (Xinhuanet) -- France will be always on the side of the Palestinian Authority leader Yasser Arafat, French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier declared Thursday.

See the entire story at the link below:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-10/29/content_2151630.htm
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesley Clark has turned into such a blundering boob, I can't imagine why anyone is even giving him a platform for politics, any more.

He proved that he didn't know **** from Shinola when he was doing commentary during the Afghanistan invasions - geesh, did he EVER nail a single thing, in that short war? And still, they let him come back and do commentary on Iraq - again, a total embarrassment.

And now they're letting him do political commentary? After he aligned himself with Michael Moore-on?

Good heavens, how little credibility do you have to be down to before these networks quit asking you to do even "fillers?" Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobette wrote:
I saw the same interview. It's hard to keep from switching the channel. It's so unbelievable the stupidity! Either pure evil or stupidity.

Wesley Clark is taking advantage of some political agenda he thinks he will have if skerry was elected, but that is okay, because after tomorrow we can serve them all kool-aid to go along with their sick kook-ade thinking. Totally sick and warped. Twisted Evil
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: clark Reply with quote

you are right and now kerry has moore folloeing hm around and nearly half of americans are going to vote for him, how do you get in the minds of people and make them understand, in the last few days I have never prayed so hard , I just hope the good lord loves this country enough, not to inflict this man on us, if ever we needed a miracle its now
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Clark will visit Fallujah for an upclose look, and explanation.
Kerry can go to Kashmir..
Truth is neither one will ever do anything to help the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: