SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whatever happens tomorrow....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Whatever happens tomorrow.... Reply with quote

I would like to thank the Swiftees, POWs and many people on here for opening my eyes. You guys have given expert knowledge, really did your homework, put together very thoughful lucid explanations for many topics and have included links and various other pieces of proof.

Many have paid dearly for service to our country before and for that I salute you. Many are currently paying the price for freedom. The families of many have and still do pay dearly for the service of their sons/daughters. I did not forget you in the past. I will not forget what you are doing now. You really are my heroes. It's because of people like you that our country is the greatest.

I would like to someday meet many of you to trade stories and to shake your hands.

Win or lose tomorrow, you have shown that when called on, you could again be relied upon. It would be my honor to fight along side any of you and better yet, to just have a cold one to celebrate. But believe me when I say there are many, many of us that really do honor you guys and your service. You have done your country proud once again!!! I am proud to have been able to post with ya's.

Jim Purcell
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, would like to express my sincere gratitude for the swiftees and Pows then and now. This site has taught me so much about patriotism, loyalty, faith, and hope. Your posts were not only good for laughs & tears, but a valuable lesson on morals, ethics and courage. You are All great Americans! God Bless You!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to this list. Razz
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur that the Swifties and their supporters on this site have been an inspiration, and no doubt have influenced many young people to "be all that you can be". The amazing skill, depth of knowledge, professionalism, and reasoning ability you brought together to make an impact has been a sight to behold. I hope that those young enough to enter the military and/or increase their education level will keep alive the memories they have of what a person is capable of knowing and doing. Those who prepare themselves to be able to think, speak, research, write, compute, organize, etc., will be ready to go when something ignites their passion the way the Kerry candidacy ignited the Swifties.
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

add me to that list!
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This group started as an amazing, little rag-tag family with an incredible mission and a powerful statement.

Words can't describe how proud I am to be a part of it.

I grew up after Vietnam, in a time when it wasn't even necessary to register at 18. I believed Vietnam was a horrible time for the nation and that everyone agreed it was a chapter best unread. I believed it's Veterans to be emotionally blunted, angry and troubled. I had only seen and heard from men and women like Jane Fonda and the fraud John Kerry.

Not until the ripe old age of 46 do I learn of that chapter of our history's patriots and heroes.

The shame is over. Beginning with my kids generation, perhaps now we all realize what men of character came from that tough time in that far-off place.

As for me and my kids, we have a living group of men and women who we can now look to as another "great generation". It's an honor to write with you and share my own insight and opinion.

Well done...all of you.

SWC
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the chance I would just want to thank each and every veteran and active duty/guard/reserve soldier on this forum and elsewhere.

Thanks for your time doing your duty.

To put it mildly, it kind of blows Kerry has put us all in the position of drudging this unpleasantness up.

Other than John Kerry, in 1971 who the hell would have thought the mouthpiece for the most squalid element of our free democratic republic's political demographic....... would be running for president thirty years later?

eeeeeks!

stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks to all here that gave their support and honorably tried to do the RIGHT thing.

In years to come, the truth will come out and you all will be looked upon with GREAT distinction.

Steve Christensen
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens tomorrow?

First we say a HUGE WELCOME HOME to the SWIFT BOAT and POWs. Now that they have been successful in telling everyone (that will listen) Kerry is Unfit For Command. We contiune to help them HEAL those wounds that they and others of us have, by finishing the task of taking Kerry the rest of the way down. This web site and effort by all of us has reach millions of good people, who now know what we know. Navy Chief, you also are to be commended for all you have done in your effort and support. The standards demostrated by the group/web site is better than any I have seen.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This website is democracy. To those that have gone before me, with me and now after me, thanks for being by my side. I will do battle again any time or place with any of you. Keep the torch of democracy and freedom burning, it is threatened everywhere and tomorrow it is threatened here. Thank you Swifties for giving us the ammunition to fight, you might be squids but this old Marine considers you family and more so my brothers. I am proud to have served with you for the past several months and if you ever need an old salty Marine to cover your backside just call. My Marine son would like me to thank all of you as well, he is currently on active duty serving and my nephew who is a Marine in Bagdad. Semper Fi.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to all the above. It ‘s been great to be a small part of this thing.

For the past 10 to 15 years I’ve always made it down to the Veterans Day parade here in Atlanta. It’s become ritual for me. I’m told it’s second largest parade in the nation, after N.Y. Wonder if there’re others from this forum that may be attending (or in?) the parade this year, 11/11/2004, starting at 11AM? If so, perhaps we can work out something to ID ourselves, probably in some inconspicuous way, and probably in a certain area (perhaps across from the Review Stand (near 14th & Peachtree?), and introduce ourselves, shake hands?

USAF66-70
Fred H.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: A thought for tomorrow morning Reply with quote

If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires:
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England:
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more, methinks, would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Henry V, Act 4, Scene 3

I doubt I will be posting much tomorrow as I will be handing out leaflets at polling places but I sincerely hope to have occasion to post King Henry's followup a little after this time tomorrow evening, or Wednesday morning!
Capt Joe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all especially the Swiftvets for exposing The Traitor. Hopefully justice will be done tomorrow and The Traitor will be trounced. I still can't believe a person of such low character could have become a candidate for POTUS. This blogsite was a true comfort for me. May W be victorious and The Traitor return to his cold, dank place in history.
schmidtwi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations men. Your efforts to maintain your honor are inspiring.

You helped inspire a country to reject a traitorous fraud.

You helped inspire a generation of heroes to regain their stolen honor.

You helped inspire a new generation of heroes to fight for our country's honor.

And you helped inspire me to become more active in Veterans groups and activities.

Thank you, and God Bless you all.
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobette wrote:
I, too, would like to express my sincere gratitude for the swiftees and Pows then and now. This site has taught me so much about patriotism, loyalty, faith, and hope. Your posts were not only good for laughs & tears, but a valuable lesson on morals, ethics and courage. You are All great Americans! God Bless You!

Former Army here and I want to give a big two thumbs up to the Swiftees. You might have saved our country from yet another Bendict Arnold. "All the Way" Swiftees!!!! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: