SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Just Wanted To Let You Know...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: I Just Wanted To Let You Know... Reply with quote

I got an email finally from my Marine! He says he's fine. The computers and phones have been down.The phones still are. He was at the website once and looked for you .ALL of you. He says he and his brothers look up to,and respect the older vets,because you've been there,done that.
I RESPECT YOU TOO,AND don't you forget it!

They also are experiencing the same B.S. from the media (except for Fox.) We really need to do something about that. Any ideas?
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell your Marine that us older vets respect and look up to him and all his brothers.
In regard to the media, I'm afraid we're all in the same boat. Since they have access to the internet you can at least keep him updated as to which news sites are worth reading.
Tell them that no matter what slanted news stories they hear, we are all behind them 110%.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

Thanks! It means a lot to me,and I hope I don't sound like I'm whining,but these young people just break my heart.

It would mean so much more to them if you guys would come when you can,and post your thoughts. A lot of them have never known a dad.
I was reading their link last night,and when I read about the things they hold on to from home,(scraps of paper,tattered pieces of cloth,etc. ) I just bawled. I wish I could reach out and hold every one of them.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine Wife:

It might appear discouraging at times. But you tell those brave Marines and their brothers and sisters: There are more people out here who support them than the media reports. And tell them all it's vitally important that they spread the word what a fake, phony and fraud Kerry is. Including Kerry's slander of an entire generation of veterans and not even apologizing; remind the Marines Kerry voted against pay raises for the military 12 times and he (and Edwards) voted against more funding for the troops in Iraq.

Go Air Force!!! Semper Fi!!!
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

Hi!....when they have the chance to read, my website is full of it! Smile I've hunted every piece of dirt on Kerry I could find. ( I know a lot of it,I'm an avid C-SPAN fan.) but others can say it so much better than I can. Brent Bozell, Ann Coulter, and many really "up on the real news" people.

The troops get a kick out of my nick name for "the Johns",according to their emails,and I'm happy I can make them smile. The nickname is "Two Johns and an Ass",meaning the Democrat Party. The John Kerrys are NOT Democrats. But the Democrats allowed people of his ilk to ruin a good party,and now,they're lumped together.

The Democrats were once like Zell Miller,Joe Lieberman,and a half dozen others. They stood for something good.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we are all behind them 110%.

DITTO

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Website Reply with quote

Please give us your website address. I must have missed it. I also have a collection of websites that are excellent references for the truth on Lurch. Thanks and God Speed for your Marine. Stu
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garb1015 wrote:
You can tell your Marine that us older vets respect and look up to him and all his brothers.
In regard to the media, I'm afraid we're all in the same boat. Since they have access to the internet you can at least keep him updated as to which news sites are worth reading.
Tell them that no matter what slanted news stories they hear, we are all behind them 110%.

I would like to echo this, I couldn't say it any better.

ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xsquid wrote:
garb1015 wrote:

I would like to echo this, I couldn't say it any better.

Tell them to start reading the Wall Street Journal. It'll give them a political and social perspective that's closer to the center of American thought and also might help them become sorta weathy given rational thought and hard work. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: