SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Dare Libs Bash Us???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: How Dare Libs Bash Us??? Reply with quote

This will be short and to the point. I just visited ** for the first time. Oh My God!! I didn't realize those types of people really existed in this century. I was proud to be a conservative before visiting that 'site', now I can't imagine any sane person who isn't. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying...

Make sure everyone you know looks at that site.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading fringe sites does not give a good indication of the general opinions. If you look at right sites like LGF, FR and Ldot.com you can see people saying that democrats should be killed. I don't know anyone who reads DU.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea right! Thats is their creed and Kerry's belief, the DU is the democratic agenda. Believe it and don't be trolled. Read the winter soldiers testimony from the ultimate liar himself and you can see exactly where they are coming from. Hell just watch the DU alphabet news, they paint a clear picture of the DNC agenda, when a lie doesn't work just lie some more and some fool will eventually believe it. Just like Kerry's web having a link to that trash about Reagan 3 days after his death. Bashing him in one breath and claiming to be his friend in another. Want to know about Kerry and his likes go to the DU and read his biography. They speak fluent liberal at that site. Semper Fi Vets, lets roll.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what you mean. I visited that cesspool yesterday.

One of them wants to "drink Ralph Nader's blood" because he may cost Kerry votes. Shocked

Being a former Marine, bad language doesn't shock me. Fortunately! Their vocabulary makes us look like we are whispering in church. Wink
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Reading fringe sites does not give a good indication of the general opinions. If you look at right sites like LGF, FR and Ldot.com you can see people saying that democrats should be killed. I don't know anyone who reads DU.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:

I tend to agree that fringe sites do not give an indication of "general opinions" That includes fringe sites such as ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Time, and Newsweek. The views on those "Fringe Sites" are absolutely scary.

FDL
Scott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: David Blomstrom...fringe? candidate? Reply with quote

You may marginalize David Blomstrom as "fringe," but he's also been running for public office in Washington State.

You have to see this to believe it. Here's a link to a blog item that has a link to his site, and some very interesting comments: www.lt-smash.us/archives/003059.html. Personally, I agree fervently with the commenters who would like to see the Secret Service pay this guy a visit.

(Thanks to Instapundit for the above link.)

In case you miss it in the comments section, here's a profile of Mr. Blomstrom as a candidate, including some of his stated positions: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/politics/election2003/bios/bio-blomstrom_david.html

The Kerry campaign has somebody detailed specifically to manage their web site. If they wanted to distance themselves from things like this, you'd think they'd have him combing the blogs for things to complain about. As it is, they can be accused of "tacit acceptance."

Fringe? Maybe. But don't forget, some people have actually voted for Blomstrom.

Embarassed
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:

Kerry's campaign blog does; they have a link to DU in their Political Blogs pane.

So please tell me why the Kerry campaign provides a link to a site like DU if it's irrelevant, part of the "fringe" and the campaign doen't support the type of discourse that is occurring there?
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Crazed Demonrats Reply with quote

They are a scary bunch. It should come as no surprise to people who actually pay attention to politics what radical nutjobs the Democratic party is. I love how Kerry and Edwards are attempting to portray themselves as mainstream. The Democrats are always phonies.
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear for our country, y'all. With multi-culturism running rampant with the liberal faction of the United States of the Offended, everything that was good and clean and right is disappearing. A patriot is defined in the dictionary as
Quote:
One who loves his country, and zealously supports its authority and interests
and patriotism as
Quote:
Love of country; devotion to the welfare of one's country; the virtues and actions of a patriot; the passion which inspires one to serve one's country or : love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it

Will someone tell me how the libs who are protesting our country's policies
and trashing our GI's and going to other countries saying how stupid American people are justified in calling themselves patriots or patriotic Question Mad Can they tell me how they consider it their 'patriotic' duty to publicly and meanly protest our countrys' foreign policy thereby putting our military members' lives in even greater danger than they would otherwise be. Will ANYBODY please tell me what the hell is patriotic about making a 'movie' trashing America, its leaders, and its military???

Someway, somehow, we have got to find a way to get our country back. Thanks to the likes of Kerry and Fonda in the 60's and early 70's, the left extremists have stolen it and are trying to destroy everything it has ever stood for. Then, when they are questioned about that, they launch into a diatribe about the right wing extremists and how they have taken the country and the libs want to 'take America back'. Our morals and values in mainstream America are in the toilet, God is becoming a four letter word, our kids are being taught revisionist history, and common sense has gone AWOL. I think it's about time to rally the troops. Evil or Very Mad

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
B_Francis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeWinn wrote:

Can they tell me how they consider it their 'patriotic' duty to publicly and meanly protest our countrys' foreign policy

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." [ Theodore Roosevelt ]

if we all agree, there is no debate. if there is no debate, there is no discussion. debate and discussion promote thinking and reason.

\De*bate"\, v.: To contend for in words or arguments; to strive to maintain by reasoning; to dispute; to contest; to discuss; to argue for and against.

if we as a country had never protested and stood behind our leaders, we would still be a colony of England.
PhD candidate
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeWinn wrote:
I fear for our country, y'all. With multi-culturism running rampant with the liberal faction of the United States of the Offended, everything that was good and clean and right is disappearing

Can you tell me what is wrong with multiculturalism? What is your ancestry? Unless you are Native American your family likely traveled far to be here in America. Multiculturalism is the foundation of America--- the country you love so well. I would argue that failure to embrace multiculturalism is to be unpatriotic.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD candidate wrote:
MikeWinn wrote:
I fear for our country, y'all. With multi-culturism running rampant with the liberal faction of the United States of the Offended, everything that was good and clean and right is disappearing

Can you tell me what is wrong with multiculturalism? What is your ancestry? Unless you are Native American your family likely traveled far to be here in America. Multiculturalism is the foundation of America--- the country you love so well. I would argue that failure to embrace multiculturalism is to be unpatriotic.

Wow. Readers, behold the damage to America done by the leftists over the past few decades - where failure to embrace the destruction of Western culture and the American creed towards an "equal" collection of mostly anti-Enlightenment non-Western cultures (e.g., Shi'ite Islam, Animism, Voodoo, and Rastifarianism) incompatible with individual freedom, is "unpatriotic."

Dear brainwashed PhD candidate:

Sure, we will tell you what's wrong with "Multiculturalism." Please read carefully:

How Multiculturalism Took Over America
Lawrence Auster
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14164

and

Diversity: The Invention of A Concept (Peter Wood, Professor of Anthropology, Boston University), http://people.bu.edu/pwood/ for intro.

Or use Amazon to purchase:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1893554627/qid=1089895073/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-7490193-5831254?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

To summarize:

It is a historical fact that America’s defining political culture is Anglo-Saxon and Protestant in origin and character. A Japanese-American can become an American by embracing this culture—this culture shaped by Anglo-Saxon and Protestant traditions—as his own. The same is true for individuals of any ethnic or racial group.

Multiculturalists charge that the Western tradition is too "narrow" because it doesn't include voices of Third-World peoples of color. The implication is that the Western tradition as it has existed up to the present moment is not legitimate, and that it can only become legitimate by including other traditions.

Two realities are ignored here, both by the multiculturalists and by their targets. The first reality is that the Western tradition is a tradition. The second reality is that it is our tradition—the "our" referring to all those who are, or who aspire to be, whatever their ethnic and racial background, heirs and members of that tradition. When multiculturalists object to the word "our," claiming it is exclusive, they are really saying that they don't consider the Western tradition to be theirs. They are saying that they want to take it over and change it into something else. They are saying that they don't want the Western tradition to exist any more. And when Americans quickly agree that we shouldn't say "our" tradition, because the Western tradition is universal and belongs to the whole world, and when we further strive mightily to demonstrate how universal Western culture really is, without the slightest tincture of cultural particularity about it, we have tacitly conceded the multiculturalists' point that the Western tradition has no right to exist.

Underneath the multiculturalist's confiding and civilized tone, they inform America that they must "mongrelize" themselves in order to accommodate non-Europeans. In this new dispensation, the preservation of America as a historic nation and people was not even an issue any more. To grasp how unnatural this is, imagine an immigrant in some relatively sane country—say Japan or Italy or the pre-1965 America—who, shortly after his arrival, announces to his new countrymen: "Oh, by the way, you people must—in order to make me comfortable—give up everything that has constituted your culture and identity. But don't worry! You shouldn't see this as a loss!" He would be thrown out on his ear. Yet by the 1990s America had become the sort of decadent place where a smooth-talking "multiculturalist" could make a career saying exactly that.

Under the leadership of the ascendant Cultural Left, the American universalist creed has been progressively changed from the principle of individual rights to the principle of group rights, from the faith in common standards founded in reason, to a cult of slavish acquiescence to the will and demands of unassimilated minority groups, and from a broad, shared American identity based on our Judeo-Christian, Anglo-Saxon, and Enlightenment heritage, to the multicultural redefinition of America as an "equal" collection of mostly anti-Enlightenment non-Western cultures incompatible with liberalism (in the Washingtonian sense) and freedom.

By the way, in what field and from what leftist indoctrination factory is your PhD?

FDL (former Yale faculty)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that post and especially the summation. It's about as good an unmasking of "multiculturalism" as I've seen.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: