SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Bush Cabinet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: The New Bush Cabinet? Reply with quote

Rumsfeld staying?
Powell?
Others?

I am hoping for a few minor tweaks as opposed to the wholesale changes typical for a second presidential administration.

Also, what about Cheney? Unusual to have a Vice President in a second term that is not going to take advantage of his position for a run at the presidency himself. Will Bush want to make a change here in order to affect some influence over and to assist his potential successor?

I was thinking...perhaps after about 6 months, nominate Powell as VP and Rice as SecState...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on Fox that John Ashcroff might be replaced with Rudy Guilliani. I would love to see Guilliani in the Bush Cabinet. In mho I think Guilliani is great and a hero in his own right.
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Powell will not run for President. Alma says no. (That is not a hit on her either). He knows that unfortunately, he's a big target from the looneybin that hates blacks. She knows too and that's why he won't run.

Rumsfeld will probably stay since the mission is not done yet in Iraq and he'll want to see it through -- Done being a relative term.

As for the rest, Powell might leave and Condi takes over but I suspect that someone else might get SoS job.

Thank god we don't have to worry about who Kerry (or even worse, Edwards) would appoint Very Happy

Cazador
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy Guilliani certainly could keep himself in the spotlight as AG for a run at the 08 presidency, love to see him and hillary go at it and see what we missed in the 2000 NY senate race
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would nominate Zell Miller for press secretary. I'm sure those pencil neck geeks wouldn't be asking stupid questions more than once.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge reports...

Quote:
Attorney General John Ashcroft 'plans to submit his resignation to Bush in the next several days'...
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was floating Bernard Kerricks name as S of D. Now THAT would be a slick move. Hope that happens!

diane in IL
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cazador wrote:
Hi,

Powell will not run for President. Alma says no. (That is not a hit on her either). He knows that unfortunately, he's a big target from the looneybin that hates blacks. She knows too and that's why he won't run.

Rumsfeld will probably stay since the mission is not done yet in Iraq and he'll want to see it through -- Done being a relative term.

As for the rest, Powell might leave and Condi takes over but I suspect that someone else might get SoS job.

Thank god we don't have to worry about who Kerry (or even worse, Edwards) would appoint Very Happy

Cazador

If Powell could be convinced to run in 2008 - how many African Americans would vote for him (%)? Don't you think that he could successfully split the black vote in two and truly split the Dem support totally? I think that's an interesting play - but he may decide no...and then there's Guilliani...Do you think Arnold will ever get a chance (requires a Constitutional Amendment for him to run, correct? Is McCain done? He's also always an interesting candidate because of his cross over appeal - however many conservatives do not like him much any more...which could split the strong conservative base that propelled W on to great victory yesterday...

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom

Last edited by sleeplessinseattle on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
Drudge reports...

Quote:
Attorney General John Ashcroft 'plans to submit his resignation to Bush in the next several days'...

Quote:
Rudy Guilliani certainly could keep himself in the spotlight as AG for a run at the 08 presidency, love to see him and hillary go at it and see what we missed in the 2000 NY senate race

Ashcroft must have been reading my mind
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half the Democratic votes in the South came from blacks, most would vote for a fellow black if Condi or Powell run. Think about it, from over 200 years of slavery in America to Democratic suppression after the Civil War up until the 60s race riots, this would be a momentous occasion for them. Of course, the Democrats know this and that is why Barrack Obama will be considered by Hillary for VP. How many white votes in the South would be turned off by a black candidate? We may find out in the 2008 primaries. The shifting demographics tend to point toward Hispanic growth in this country, that is where the Republicans may need to look for a future leader.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, I read that Condi might leave to return to California to run for office herself in order to give her some experience for a BIG future office.

Heard tonight, there's a chance Colin might go to Rumsfield's job, he'd be good.

I believe they are supposed to have a cabinet meeting in the morning concerning this very issue.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sleeplessinseattle Is McCain done? He's also always an interesting candidate because of his cross over appeal - however many conservatives do not like him much any more...which could split the strong conservative base that propelled W on to great victory yesterday...[/quote]

Man, I hope so! I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. I don't care if he appeals to every cross-dresser and his 3 spouses out there! That guy is not to be trusted.

Might I reference his work with John Kerry on the POW/MIA committee in the early 90's. Inquiring minds want to know, Sen. McCain, just what happened to your fellow POWs.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never give up on John McCain. He's an honorable man, a Naval Academy graduate who demonstrated the meaning of "duty, honor, country" while serving in North Viet Nam.

Practically speaking, he is a lone voice when it comes to reigning in runaway spending in Congress. If there are any fiscal conservatives left in Washington, they are going to need a leader and mouthpiece.

Leave somebody else's Senator alone. Pick on mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: