SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A special Thank You to John O'Neill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xeniadif
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Would you consider being there for my sons commissioning? Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Here's what shaped the character of John O'Neill, and is so evidenced in the honor and courage demonstrated by this amazing group of patriots...

Quote:
The Naval Academy has a unique clarity of purpose, expressed in our official mission:

"To develop midshipmen morally, mentally and physically and to imbue them with the highest ideals of duty, honor and loyalty in order to provide graduates who are dedicated to a career of naval service and have potential for future development in mind and character to assume the highest responsibilities of command, citizenship and government."

At the Naval Academy, the American people invest in the future of our nation. This is where we sustain the hopes that our nation will continue to live in peace and liberty. This is where we mold young people who will protect the freedom cherished by past and current generations and all those yet to come. This is where we develop the leaders of tomorrow and cultivate and nurture our core values of courage, honor and commitment. This is where many of our nation's finest young people make the commitment to serve their country, as so many have before them. This is where we accept responsibility for shaping a vision of America's future.

Now colleges from sea to sea may sing of colors true,
        But who has better right than we to hoist a symbol hue:
        For sailors brave in battle fair since fighting days of old
        Have proved the sailor’s right to wear the Navy Blue & Gold.

Four years together by the Bay, where Severn joins the tide,
        Then by the Service called away, we’re scattered far and wide;
        But still when two or three shall meet, and old tales be retold,
        From low to highest in the Fleet, we'll pledge the Blue & Gold.

Back In June 2001 when my son went thru plebe summer I had no comprehension of what the world would be faced with. I only knew that my son was admitted to the U.S. Naval Academy and it would not be easy. I learned so much in the last few years, enough to make me so very proud of every midshipman that made it through this fine military institution.

But then this year I learned of the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth and I really understood what honor encompasses. I am so proud of you Mr. O'Neil. I undertand that what you went through at the Naval Academy cannot even compare with what my son has gone thru in the last few years. But I do know that you understand the course my son is about to embark and what you have so valiantly strove to defend.

Ship...shipmate..self!

God Bless You John O'Neill!

Please pm me if you would consider being there for my son's commissioning in May of 2005.

Go Navy...Beat Army! (I hope you all know this is just a inter service rivalry saying)

Go Swift Vets and POWs...Beat the MSM!

Proud parents (Vietnam Vets) of a future Naval Academy Grad, May of 2005!

Thanks to all of you that our son will not have Senator Kerry as his Commander in Chief!
RicksPlace501
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir for what you and your team did for our country.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. O'Neil, you have a very soothing effect on "the wounds that never heal".

"They will all hear from us very soon"

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
TN3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill, I want to thank you for all the courage and work you did to get the truth out about the Swift Boat Vets, all the Vietnam Vets, and helping Pres. Bush to win his re-election. You are truly one of the greatest heroes America has ever had. I admired your strong ability to never waver from the truth when faced with so much turmoil from all the leftists and just plain old mean people in this country. Thanks Mr. O'Neill, you are my hero!!
Wescoot2
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. O'Neill.......

You walked point for this Nam vet......Thank-you.......for my Welcome Home.......

Now lets strike up the band.........

No Mission To Difficult...No Sacrifice To Great...

DUTY FIRST
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amazing events of this first week in November 2004 SHOULD be attributed to the SwiftVets & POW's for Truth. It is my guess that will not happen. While President Bush cannot, IMO, afford to acknowlege the effort of this "Impossible Mission, I'm confident that somehow, someway President Bush will find a way.
hatecelebs
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: John O'Neil for President 2008 Reply with quote

I think John O'Neil should consider running for President in 2008. He was the single most effective individual responsible for defeating the Democrats.
If Hillary runs in 2008, he'll be the best choice the Republicans could have.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To John O'Neill, for upholding the finest traditions of the United States Naval Academy, for defending the honor of his fellow veterans, and all who came after. You Sir, have my complete respect, undying gratitude, and I salute you.
salutevets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill:
You displayed a man of strength and truth. My apologies (for MSM) for all the abuse you had to take..Someone has to apologize to you. I felt bad for you as they overtalked, screamed, preventing you from speaking..You are a very special American..

Strength = Your donation of a kidney for your wife..
Truth = You never swayed an inch..
Effectiveness of the truth = Lawrence O'Donnell.
Truth hurts = You sure had O'Donnell climbing the walls..

You have the patience of a Saint.

I salute you, sir...

Last edited by salutevets on Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixon, during the Vietnam War--May 1970--wanted to recognize the extraordinary service of three of his staffers. Haldeman, Erlichmann, and Kissinger for what they were taking from the media (it was called "the press" then) and the anti-war groups.

" '. . . [Y]ou deserve something like the Purple Heart for all the wounds you have sustained in the line of duty over the past few weeks.' They all laughed and said that they had only done their jobs. 'No,' I continued, 'you have done more than your jobs, and I have devised a new award--a Blue Heart, for those who are true blue.' I gave them each a small heart made from blue cloth. 'This will be our secret," I said, 'but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate what you've done." (The Memoirs of Richard Nixon, 466)

John--you deserve a BH the size of a Goodyear blimp. Thank you.
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each of you in your willingness to disrupt your lives, to place yourselves under the glare of public scrutiny, with months of being maligned, labeled as liars, and having to endure the abuse of some of the most hateful critics - thank you for your determination and steadfast loyalty.

You remained calm, respectful, and dignified, exhibiting the extent of your integrity. It is obvious to all that you still hold yourselves to your oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and that you still bear true faith and allegiance to the same.

We Honor You.
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you indeed Mr. O'Neill and all the Swift Boat Vets and POW's that put a lot on the line to get the truth out.

Another great sacrifice by great people. I

You have my most sincere admiration and thanks.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all love and respect John O`Neill for finding the energy to get out of his sick bed (just donated kidney to wife in Feb.) and lead us to this glorious victory. But as I have mentioned in a previous thread his place in history will not be written by us. Douglas Brinkley, Doris Kearns Goodwin, and their liberal equivalents will grind John up and make him look another Benedict Arnold. Are we going to end this forum and allow this to happen?
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
We all love and respect John O`Neill for finding the energy to get out of his sick bed (just donated kidney to wife in Feb.) and lead us to this glorious victory. But as I have mentioned in a previous thread his place in history will not be written by us. Douglas Brinkley, Doris Kearns Goodwin, and their liberal equivalents will grind John up and make him look another Benedict Arnold. Are we going to end this forum and allow this to happen?

NO!

The work is not over. The people of America must slowly but surely be shown the truth told by the Swifties.

We/they did not have the time to patiently explain each detail of the truth contained in THE BOOK. The sound bites did not allow the time for patient discussion.

We must not waiver. We must get the truth out to all America.

USCG
61-69
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!

Took the word right out of my fingers, Tiptie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: