SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A small victory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: A small victory Reply with quote

A couple of months ago my sister sent me a response to an email of mine on how much she hated Bush. I of course replied on how much I hated Kerry and why.

Here is what she sent me yesterday:

Well, Al, it's over (except for provisional ballots). I got the word out about Kerry, but Connecticut voted the way they were expected to. I don't know how much election coverage you listened to, but there is a chance that Chris Dodd will run next time, and Rudy Giuliani isn't ruling it out 100%. Maybe somebody else decent will step up.
Did you see how Kerry went to mass on All Saints Day? My fellow dispatcher that day is a deacon in the Catholic church, and he was disgusted at how phony that looked, and probably was. As much as I can't stand Bush, at least he seems genuine.

Looks like I got to one who even spread the word.

Hey, Rudi Giuliani? Yeah Rudi 2008!!!

One small note. In 1966 Kerry was dreaming of becoming President. In 1966 I was dreaming of learning to surf. Well, it's 2004, and I started surfing last year, and Kerry isn't President!!! My dream came true!!! Screw Him!!!

Viet Nam 71/72
Persian Gulf 90/91
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Al! Learning to surf, eh? Braver than I am! Very Happy

Your story is a sweeeeet one - we never know, do we, what effect we're having, somewhere... like ripples on a pond.

Thanks for posting that - it's a good reminder!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Al, dude! Whoa! In 1966 I was 6, and my dad and brothers would take me out on those big planks they surfed on in prehistoric times. By the time I was 10 I was a wiz, and now I am 44 and can still catch 'em pretty good. Very Happy But I use a much smaller, faster, lighter board, eh?

If you ever get to Southern CA, check out the surf museum--some of us have been immortalized there. Cool
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kimmymac,

I'll check it out if I get there, but why leave paradise!!! I met Robert August and Wing Nut a few months ago. It was the "Endless Summer " that got me dreaming. I picked up "Endless Summer 2" when it came out on DVD.

Not to turn this into a surfing thread, but My Dream Came True, Kerry's Didn't!!!

Viet Nam 71/72
Persian Gulf 90/91
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: