SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT:Vote online: Help 2 Marines in Iraq get a "Dream Wed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: OT:Vote online: Help 2 Marines in Iraq get a "Dream Wed Reply with quote

I know this is off-topic, but it only lasts one more day and I thought maybe a bunch of military folks might not mind spending a minute to help out a couple of Marines deployed to Iraq.

If this couple doesn't deserve a "Dream Wedding," nobody does. Wink

I'm forwarding this from another forum I participate on, and I hope you'll all take a minute to go and vote for them.

Thanks!

Hi, everyone!

I am campaigning! My nephew, Mark Roberts, and his fiancé, Serena Hokkanen, are both Marine Sergeants serving in Iraq with plans to get married when they return. Well, as fate would have it, they have been entered into a "Dream Wedding" contest being sponsored by a radio station in Colorado (where they are from) and are among the five finalists. So I am campaigning for VOTES!

All you need to do is go to the website http://www.mix100.com , scroll down and click on the dream wedding logo. It takes you directly to the vote site.

Click on Serena and Mark's name and click submit vote. With even a moderate speed computer it takes only 20 - 30 seconds. This is the least we can do for two dedicated Marines serving in Iraq where the temps are now 120 degrees and life in general is difficult. Wouldn't it be great for them to come home in the fall to have the dream wedding they had hoped for?!?

So limber up those fingers and get voting! Please pass this along to YOUR email list. I would love to see them win by a landslide! Oh, by the way, the contest ends July 15th so DON'T WAIT!!!!

Thanks everyone!

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE! Smile
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch - this morning, this couple was in second place 25 - 29% or something like that.

Within a couple of hours of that message hitting some military support boards, they'd pulled ahead 32-29%. Smile

I hope they win, even though I don't know them. Seems like on these boards, any Marine becomes "our" Marine. (Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Coastie, too! Smile )

Thanks to everyone who takes a minute to vote for them.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote cast!

Keep us posted --be great to know if they win!
ETSHD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote is cast, they are at 36 % but behind by 1% we need more help[/quote]

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
Butch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we crash the site with too many votes? I can't get in to vote. Good luck Marines.. What happened to the old saying, "Marine, if we wanted you to have a wife we would have issued you one.". Semper Fi.

Laughing
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on to access the site and could not log on either. Hope they win.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site might disappear for a few seconds while you're voting - probably because of the heavy traffic, but it will come back up shortly.

"Our" couple fell by five or six points during the night, but the military boards have gone back to work and they're leading, again.

Thanks again! I know this is a silly little thing - I feel like I'm rooting for a football team or something. Wink But, it would be nice if this Marine couple could win.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE! Very Happy

Glad to help.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get my vote in. Today's the day.. Hope they win.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update>>>
http://mix100.gtsquared.com/portal/html/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=70
Congratulations to Serena Hokkanen & Mark Roberts, our MIX 100 Dream Wedding Couple. They won 48% of the vote out of 151,593 total votes!

Now that you (our trusted MIX listeners) have chosen the MIX 100 Dream Wedding couple you’ll be asked to vote on everything from Wedding Sites to Wedding Gowns and Cakes! Voting begins on July 20th! Stay tuned!
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank the entire Military community on this one.
This plea went out on Military.com, grunt.com and several other Military websites and all of you came through for a young couple stationed in Iraq.
It was amazing to watch.
I live in Denver and could not believe the responce from across the country.
A job well done.
Next week...we get to pick all of the particulars like the honeymoon destination and dress so stay tuned!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: