SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Won't Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 do?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: What Won't Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 do? Reply with quote

It won't be, in Michael's words, "a Red State movie."

Thanks to HobbsOnline for this:

Quote:
F9/11 Not A "Red State" Movie

The New York Times has an interesting look at the disparate geographic regions where two films, The Passion of the Christ and Michael Moore's crockumentary Fahrenheit 9/11, had their biggest box office success.

Quote:
The top theaters for "Fahrenheit" have been in urban, traditionally Democratic strongholds, including Manhattan, Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Bay Area, Chicago and Boston.

The highest grossing theaters for "Passion" were typically more suburban and far more widely dispersed, from Texas and New Mexico to Ohio, Florida and Orange County, Calif.

... After the opening weekend of "Fahrenheit 9/11," Mr. Moore declared that it was a "red-state movie," referring to states that voted Republican in the 2000 election. The numbers on top theaters do little to support the claim.

Moore knows about unsupported claims.

Hat tip for this to Hugh Hewitt, who comments that "America of The Passion is much, much larger than the America of F911."

Perhaps all the box office gross take numbers are simply a measure of the number of "Moore audience" people outside of the infamous "flyover states."

Last edited by Scott on Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
freebird
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry morfdq, you've already been banned. Do not post here anymore under any different names!

Edited by Moderator War Dog!
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freebird wrote:
I have to tell you that I saw the movie and I think it is very damaging to Bush-Cheney.

Only if you believe the propaganda. But that's the point of this post - the movie is only meaningful to people who want to believe it.

Try reading Dave Koppel and don't dismiss what he says with the same facility that you bought what MM said.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freebird wrote:
I have to tell you that I saw the movie and I think it is very damaging to Bush-Cheney.

Only if you are uninformed or gullible. Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Try reading Dave Koppel and don't dismiss what he says with the same facility that you bought what MM said.

You're asking an awful lot, there, Scott.

If it doesn't fit pre-conceived ideas, it must be discarded, discredited and demeaned.... no matter what the cost to the country.

Look at the recent Senate Intelligence Committee report. The left has ignored ALL of the important points that came out of that report.
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
You're asking an awful lot, there, Scott.

I knew a guy who attended my alma mater, but graduated in 2000. He was also a software engineer, and worked for a company in the same building as mine.

He had hair to his butt (I'm mostly bald), and wore a (sari?) skirt to work on occasion. In spite of our differences in appearance, I thought he was intelligent, and I enjoyed talking with him outside, as we (evil people) smoked a cigarette.

After 9/11, he actually said to me "I wish Bill Clinton were still President; he'd just go over to the Middle East, negotiate with these people, and solve the whole problem."

I asked him whether Bill's "negotiating" skills had worked after the African Embassy bombings, the USS Cole attack, Khobar Towers, etc.

He thought for a minute, then said "Gee, he didn't do much about those, did he? And he didn't stop further attacks...maybe he wasn't as effective as I thought."

I encouraged him to keep "thinking critically" about what he'd been told...and I hope that he's finally developed that ability.

No one that is not stupid is immune to the facts.

I keep trying, because giving up is unthinkable.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
No one that is not stupid is immune to the facts.

I keep trying, because giving up is unthinkable.

Yep, keep plugging away - it's going to sink in with some.

Hard to do, sometimes, though, isn't it?

It's thinkable, what happens if we give up - but it's un-stomach-able. Wink
NoDonkey
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

I asked him whether Bill's "negotiating" skills had worked after the African Embassy bombings, the USS Cole attack, Khobar Towers, etc.

Not to mention Yassar Arafat. Clinton had him brought out of exile. made him the leader of the Palestinian Authority, sent tens of millions of dollars to Arafat and his Al Aqsa Martyr's Brigade and hosted him at the White House over twenty times. During that time, the latest infatada began and scores of Israelis and Palestinian terrorists have been killed. The situation was far calmer prior to Clinton's "help" with the issue.

Hopefully your friend will do what a lot of us former Democrats have thankfully done - grow up.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: