SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Join Our Picket Against Kerry!! Raleigh, NC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMC_CommGod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stevie!

The pictures show up for me..and most likely (on a positive note), that's due to bandwidth limitations on Bob's web server. If you reload the page a few times..it should eventually display them! Very Happy

I'm still at work, myself (being a good conservative)...but I will be posting my thoughts, later this evening! For now, THANK GOODNESS for ALL of the Swifties & ALL honest Americans who're willing to take extraordinary efforts to protect our Freedom!

As you've said, I'd like to see the Swifties continue their fight to completely remove JF'nKerry from public office! Let's just enjoy our biggest victory...and hopefully it will be the well-deserved HOMECOMING that our Vietnam Vets have ALWAYS deserved!!!! Cool

Thank you all!

WE WON!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gang, we did it. President Bush won North Carolina by a margin of 438,414 votes, 56% to 43%. I believe my North Carolina gang can claim to have played a role in insuring this Kerry defeat. In the period before we started picketing, I had a total of 4,823 visitors to my website. In the last month, that number jumped to 17,295. I think we can say with confidence that our work brought over 12,000 people to the website - and I believe we must have influenced a good percentage of these people to vote for President Bush. And when you think of the possible effects of word of mouth, we could have influenced several thousand votes. I feel it was all well worth the effort.

I want to thank each and every member of the group for the efforts they made to help out. One man alone carrying a sign is a nut. Together, we were a force. I deeply appreciate the contributions each of you made to our effort. Thank you.

Group photo from our last day of picketing

I want to take this opportunity to encourage each of us to celebrate this victory. But we may not forget the second half of the Swiftvet group - the POW's. One thing I learned in doing the research I did in the course of this campaign against Kerry is the fact that we left several hundred men alive in North Vietnamese prisons when we pulled out of Vietnam. I fear they have long since died - or been killed. I cannot imagine how terrible and forlorn the last years of their lives must have been. But we may not forget them. We must continue to fight for them, just as we fought - and won - against Kerry. I hope one day we may at least bring them home for burial with the honor they deserve. Please help keep this fight alive.

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing I learned in doing the research I did in the course of this campaign against Kerry is the fact that we left several hundred men alive in North Vietnamese prisons when we pulled out of Vietnam. I fear they have long since died - or been killed. I cannot imagine how terrible and forlorn the last years of their lives must have been. But we may not forget them. We must continue to fight for them, just as we fought - and won - against Kerry. I hope one day we may at least bring them home for burial with the honor they deserve. Please help keep this fight alive.

I think the POW/MIA organizations are going to see a huge influx of interest and members because of this election campaign. So many new eyes are opened. Mine, included.

This is going to be high on my list of priorities for time and energy, and I know I'm not alone.

I'd like to start a site something like wintersoldier and this one, only dedicated to amassing the enormous amount of credible information regarding our missing. A place in which the Swifts' high standards for credibility and civility is maintained, always.

Maybe another similar one that's like a clearinghouse of information about the war in general and the so-called "peace" movement. Never as much about peace as it was about spreading "progressive" ideologies into our culture, demoralizing the military, destroying the military and industrial foundation of our capitalist system.

But, there's time. The Swifts have bought us a little time and some breathing space in which to work.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be with you on the Website. There are several Websites run by various POW organizations - but nothing like this Swiftvet site. Maybe we should start from one of these sites - or get them to work with us at a consolidated site - and set up a forum like this one. This forum is what made the Swiftvet site work so well. In any case, whatever we set up, I'll be there.

I just get sick every time I think about those men. I understand why Nixon and Kissinger left them there - I understand, but do not forgive. Nixon realized we weren't going to get all of our men back without paying reparations - or going back to war - neither of which he had any chance of doing given the political climate in America at the time. I understand why succeeding administrations and the Senate Select Committee simply did not want to reopen this case. Leaving our men there was a despicable act totally without honor. I understand that nobody really wanted to paint such a terrible black eye for America. But America really does owe it to the memories of these men, to their families, to bring them back home - even if it is only symbolic at this late date. And we must promise ourselves and the rest of the world that we will never ever again act with so little honor, whatever the cost.

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you set up a Forum to fight for those MIAs and POWs from Vietnam would you please let me know? I would like very much to be involved in that. My E-Mail addy is on here.

Thanks
USMC_CommGod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that we'll (my wife & I, and my VN vet father...for that matter) will continue to support you!

I think we need to start with the Media! Then, as today...they are almost single-handedly responsible for the divisiveness of the American public, and the covering-up of the real story!

It's too broad of a topic to cover in one or two (or a hundred) posts, but we need to bring our campaign into the public eye, and demand some accountability!!!

All journalism will suffer from some individual bias...but we must now demand some kind of ethical standards for our MSM, and then determine checks & balances to ensure that those standards are upheld...

Anyway, I think that we all agree that this is but one victory in a much larger war. Freedom of speech is a 2-WAY STREET! Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest & best place to find info (much you will not believe) I suggest this site;
http://www.nationalalliance.org
USMC_CommGod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CaptJack! Laughing

I've only just begun reading through that website...and there are tons of others, but it really shows that there is still LOTS of work left to be done.

That being one aspect, and the fact that Senator Traitor still remains in a public office, being the other. Bringing him down on Nov2 was a HUGE victory, but removing him from office will be true vindication! Mad

Thousands of Americans (KIA, POW/MIA & those who returned), along with MILLIONS of South Vietnamese DESERVE the restoration of their Stolen Honor!!!

Anyway, we all know that (and it's not like Kerry would ever set foot around here, long enough to read this)...so I'll just say thanks again for the link!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: