SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A starting point on MSM/Academia reform!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very simple and a very effective tactic to expose and discredit the Corrupt Liberal Media(CLM), would be to stop calling them "mainstream" (MSM) media.

By using "mainstream" you say that this media is in the mainstream and imply that their critics are not!

"CORRUPT" is the key word here. Journalism should be an honorable profession. But they are corrupt to the core.

If the term Corrupt Liberal Media replaces "Mainstream" and becomes a household word, it will sting these pompus frauds in the newsrooms everytime they read or hear it.

This simple tactic will cost no money and will be very effective.

Go for it people!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bic? wrote:
...stop calling them "mainstream" (MSM) media...

You and I have been proposing the same thing for some time now. We seem to agree completely that any use of the term MSM is too deferential and too reverent for the frauds to whom the term refers.

You've proposed CLM while I've proposed OIM (Old Irrelevant Media). We agree on the word Media. My word Irrelevant probably is too cumbersome for everyday language so it should go. I chose it because when Israel labeled Arafat irrelevant, it proved extremely effective. Too, many consider the word Corrupt too incendiary to be used in everyday language and don't wish to be labeled as radical. I'm not too picky as long as it indicates disrespect and may easily be incorporated into everyday language.

How about a compromise? OLM? LIM? ILM? OM? IM? Something new? Terms like unfit, empty, trivial, petty, etc., come to mind.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sending the profs at Columbia snail mail. For one, it costs a little money, which sometimes gets their attention faster. For two, I want them to know who and where I am, that I'm real, and I'm willing to put my name on what I'm writing and I know where they are, too. Sometimes email impact can be diluted by the delete button. We'll see if they get tired of hearing from me every other week or so. The start of a long list of letters to go out, I can feel it now.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed them
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In John Kerry, the Democrats found their best available opponent: substantial, intelligent, without major enemies , and less vulnerable to the wimp-out charge than any other plausible Democrat." Minneapolis MN June, 4th 2004 Kerry camp announces plan on how to get the 26 million veteran vote out for Kerry. I think the Swift Boat and POW's for truth had something to say about that strategy. I guess 26 million veterans weren’t considered much of a threat to the DNC. Us veterans need to stand up and be heard.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
It's really sad (pathetic really) that this is evidence of the rot in journalism schools and the MSM

This is again why I disagree with the use of this - MSM - acrostic. It's misleading. I've said this on so many forums, in so many messages. I'm not saying mainstream is right, or virtuous. But we're talking only about a mainstream of the left, a leftwing mainstream - LM.

And that includes the entire structural apparatus of the 'boomers', from PR agencies that wouldn't handle the Catholic Church's pro-life campaign, some while back, to not just universities, but K-12 with outdated and offensive textbooks, a patronizing attitude toward students who ought to be treated as precious and eager to learn, to the MTV and morning cartoons which are rife with self-destructive PC nonsense. It includes the press and broadcast, which went out of their way to befoul themselves in support of the Kerry Campaign, to the extent that some wonder that ABC, CBS and NBC should simply shut down their news divisions altogether and leave the national channel to cable networks. It includes all the spokesmen on the stage, today's or yesterday's stars and performers. Even if Hollywood technically voted more Republican, the 'Hollywood crowd' may have been among those who flooded Canadian and New Zealand websites hoping to emigrate after Kerry's loss. It includes all those institutions, and 'research groups', that forever talk from the waist up on PBS and the rest. It includes all of the 'art' world, and its desire for ugly art in furtherance of assorted PC policy. Obviously it includes the Democrats, themselves, and the assorted leftist parties of Nader and the Greens. It goes to the courts, which angered so many on the 'gay marriage' issue that it was banned in eleven different elections, last week.

So the LM, or similar. And different parts of the beast probably require different strategies. The weakest links may literally have been the press and the party. The Dem party is failing, and shrinking in its elective office-holders. But some here are Dem, and hope to reclaim the party, and grow it back. And again, some suggest that the alphab's consider even shutting down their news divisions. Education is addressed by supporting, even moreso, homeschoolers; giving them the responsible curricula so that they match the levels and expectations of earlier generations, when little kids were expected to understand what today is considered undergrad material. The courts have to be populated by the GOP, with a keen interest in competency, rather than PC. Efforts have to be made to reform these law schools that produce such ridiculous notions. Anyway. And so on.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevry wrote:
So the LM, or similar.

That name disgraces the Lunar Module used to land on the moon. Razz

How about LFS for Leftwing Fogophere? Twisted Evil

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: