SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What NOW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccirdes
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: What NOW? Reply with quote

Very Happy
So what now that the election is over?

I have been looking back over the years, to a time I wqas much younger, and maybe just a bit foolish. So many presidents, and so many times vets still have been over looked.
The VA has cut back so much, it is near impossible to get assistance, medical care, or help. Yet no president, or cogres has seen fit to correct the problem. And few if any members of the public seem to care.

Looking back to the day I woke up in Wlater Reed, and having no idea how I got there. And looking forward to just a few years left in this life.

So what do we do now?

So many organizations, one I resigned from because they are no longer viable for vets. And so many groups, that have limited programs, or no programs to support vets.

Maybe it is time to loose these various groups, and form one group, for all vets, who would acutally accomplish something.

Looking back is hard, so many nolonger here, so many that have past in the years since then. And so many that will soon join their brothers and sisters on the final journey.

But before it is my time, I would really like to know WHAT NOW?

Sad
"http://ccirdes.9cy.com"

For more comments.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just before the election documents surfaced that prove JK was aiding and abetting our enemy during the vietnam war. His discharge from the Navy was also being questioned.

Many many many of us called our lawmakers and demanded action. Nothing has been done as far as I can tell.

Now that the election is over I suggest we call the lawmakers again and we say, "Hey, what have you decided to do about the fact that JK was working for the Viet Cong?"

Until he is charged with treason or at the very least removed from the senate, our work here is not done.

So, we pick up where we left off before the election. We dodged the bullet but we need to march into the enemies face and wrap the gun around his neck.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:

So, we pick up where we left off before the election. We dodged the bullet but we need to march into the enemies face and wrap the gun around his neck.

In order to be effective in that we need to know if this Forum will remain open. If all of the members disband and drift off to other Sites we will have lost a great deal of the former impact. A campaign of 50 E-Mails will not garner the attention that a campaign of 1,000 E-Mails did when we went after The Guardian.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Cambell,
Take a look at what Navy Chief said here:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16816

/CD
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that. But he did not tell us specifically what his group wants us to say in the E-Mails.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell, an email campaign of being told what to say defeats the purpose. Repetitive words go unheard and end up being blocked. A heartfelt email campaign with everyone expressing their own feeling to Congressmen, newspapers and the rest of the media shows that several people have strong feelings about a matter and they listen. Otherwise, it just appears that several know how to copy and paste.

Kerry needs to be stopped, yes, but waiting for someone to tell you what to do will accomplish nothing. Putting your words down in print, even if not very eloquent, gets much more attention from our elected representatives.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, you misunderstood what I meant. As an author I can express my opinions quite well and do not want a C&P Form letter. However, when the articles from Thomas Lipscomb and Linda Chavez were first posted on here and we began discussing the fact that Kerry probably had a less than honorable discharge Navy Chief said that we were ruining his work by talking too freely on this open Forum.

It was my understanding that was why his friends started the undercover Forum. They are supposedly working feverishly on the Kerry Discharge Story. My question was are we who do not belong to that Forum suppose to send E-Mails now referrencing the Lipscomb and Chavez stories or is that still taboo? This sort of confusion is what happens when you have one group splinter off and then ask for support from the original group.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In lieu of a Discharge story, which I feel the majority of the population doesn't care as much about, we have the Paris visits and the direction given Kerry by Hanoi, our enemy at the time.

My personal feelings are that the public would respond more to aiding and abetting the enemy, something no past President has ever issued a pardon for, as Carter and Ford did over draft dodging and less than honorable discharges.

Not telling any what to do, but I feel this story is one that we should run with with while awaiting anything coming out about his discharge. While not an attorney, I feel treason would stand a much better chance at unseating him from the Senate than an upgraded discharge will.

Just my thoughts
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew...........I understand your thoughts.

However............

All charges/events strike different people in different ways.

1. Less Than Honorable discharge is important to extract from the archives regardless of the method including a "whistle blower". This is important to only part of America.

2. Consorting with the enemy in time of war is important to another part of America. Others in the anti-war camp would consider it the ultimate patriot. So, it would have to be pressed on Constitutional grounds.

3. Lying about his combat time in Vietnam must be continually pushed and explained to the masses. Many question the stories and we must continue to explain that THE BOOK speaks the truth.

Therefore, we need three distinct operations

All or most must succeed because each will reach and push the buttons on different people.

The ultimate goal is to bring down Kerry and a three pronged attack is the best way to reach a broader part of America.

We now have the time to regroup.

USCG
61-69
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, tiptie. However, I feel pushing the story on the treason will open more eyes and as information on the discharge and such comes available, the public will be even more receptible to it.

As veterans, the discharge angle is important to us. The majority of the public has never served and by itself, won't impact them as much. My perception.

So, my suggestion, while we wait for information on the discharge, is to get the treason story out there, write about it, contact our representatives about it. Let's use it and when the discharge info comes out, use that too.

We can't just sit and wait in the meantime.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I agree, tiptie. However, I feel pushing the story on the treason will open more eyes and as information on the discharge and such comes available, the public will be even more receptible to it.

As veterans, the discharge angle is important to us. The majority of the public has never served and by itself, won't impact them as much. My perception.

So, my suggestion, while we wait for information on the discharge, is to get the treason story out there, write about it, contact our representatives about it. Let's use it and when the discharge info comes out, use that too.

We can't just sit and wait in the meantime.

I couldn’t agree more. Pushing on all fronts is the correct way. I would even go so far as to suggest that you might think of creating a category for each of these three campaigns.

1. The treason
2. The discharge
3. The truth about THE BOOK.

At the present time, the threads are all over the place with no coherent theme other that anti-Kerry ~ pro-Bush, and a long overdue congratulations to the Swifties.

USCG
61-69

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
dmackto wrote:

In order to be effective in that we need to know if this Forum will remain open. If all of the members disband and drift off to other Sites we will have lost a great deal of the former impact. A campaign of 50 E-Mails will not garner the attention that a campaign of 1,000 E-Mails did when we went after The Guardian.

I agree and would like to see this Forum remain. However I want it known that I will respect whatever the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth decide to do, whether they disban this forum or decide to allow it to continue on.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this on Friday. Went to over 200 people in eleven states, plus the LA TImes-Pravda, OC Register, WSJ and SF Chronicle. (Didn't get published anywhere, but the 200 friends all forwarded.)
[edit] - forgot to mention that I included a dozen links, none from this forum[edit]
/CD

October 30, 2004

Just my 2˘.

There is no job more important than the President of the United States. Aside from being the Chief Executive Officer of the country and our primary representative to the rest of the world, the President is also the Commander in Chief of the most powerful military on the planet.

John Adams said, "Society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases." I agree and that’s why I don’t think John Kerry has the credentials to hold the job.

John Kerry would like everyone to believe that he is qualified to be our CinC based on his experience in Viet Nam where he received three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, and a Silver Star in the span of eighteen weeks.

An article published by journalist Thomas Lipscomb in the New York Sun and several on-line sites outlines how Mr. Kerry wrote his own bogus After-Action Reports that inflated his heroics and outright lied about how he received the minor wounds. These phony AARs became the “official” Navy records that led to his medals.

This information may confirm what some Vets believed about Mr. Kerry being simply a ‘poser’ who gamed the system. But I think the larger, more important issue is what Mr. Kerry did when he returned to the US after his brief stint in Viet Nam.

According to FBI records Mr. Kerry secretly met with our Communist enemies in Paris in 1970 while he was still in uniform. When he came back he became one of the leaders and the chief spokesman for the radical Viet Nam Veterans Against the War (VVAW). In 1971 he had a second secret meeting in Paris. When he returned he publicly lobbied the Congress and the American people to accept the Communist proposal that called for a US capitulation in exchange for the release of our POWs.

Mr. Kerry was representing the VVAW when he addressed the Senate hearings in 1971 where he stated that he had ‘met with both delegations’ in Paris, implying the Communist and the US delegations. In reality the ‘both delegations’ were the North Vietnamese and the Communist Viet Cong representatives.

This week three documents from the Viet Nam Project at Texas Tech University were published that shed light on the activities and nature of the VVAW and other militant groups during this period. These documents, which were captured from VC officers, show that many of these groups, including the VVAW, were in fact being directed from Hanoi.

I will never forgive Mr. Kerry’s reprehensible, treacherous words and actions that labeled over two million American vets as war criminals.

I sincerely believe the only two things we take with us when we leave this world are our honor and our reputation. While Mr. Kerry will most assuredly take the reputation he deserves, sadly, he will have no honor.

Sincerely,
XX
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent letter, commdog! Wish I were so eloquent!! It must be tough living in California right now unless outside LA and San Francisco, people are not quite so liberal? 90% of DC voted for Kerry and you'd think we were having a huge funeral here!

Anyway, I think you wrote a great letter and perhaps you will get it published somewhere!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: