SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Teachers Pet?"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: "Teachers Pet?" Reply with quote

Coming soon to a media outlet near you?

Quote:
Teacher's pet
By Diana West
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Even though it's unlikely that this nasty, fraught election summer will include a "silly season," I want to play a game. To better expose the increasingly frightening dishonesty of our media, I want to pretend that John Kerry and John Edwards are Republican senators running for the White House against an incumbent Democratic administration.

Let's begin by flipping the candidate biographies from Left to Right:

A four-term senator, GOP hard-liner John Kerry likes to invoke his tour of duty as a naval officer on a patrol boat during the Vietnam War as his core qualification for the presidency. Indeed, this Boston Brahmin who attended Swiss finishing school may be said to wear his four months inside Vietnam, like Teflon armor to deflect all political sallies against his ultra-conservative Senate voting record. But questions about his Vietnam service remain. While this Republican fat cat — Mr. Kerry's wife Teresa Heinz Kerry controls between $900 million and $3.2 billion (millions of which flow to extreme right-wing causes) — surrounds himself with a small cadre of former crew members at campaign appearances, no fewer than 254 of Mr. Kerry's former Vietnam War shipmates, including 17 out of 24 officers in his division, have signed a public letter stating that John Kerry, the Republican nominee for president, is unfit to be commander in chief.

OK. First, ask yourself whether your favorite news hour has ever aired the real-life provocative story of the anti-Kerry Swift Boat veterans. Given the importance Mr. Kerry accords his Vietnam experience, the censure by so many former comrades opens a crucial chapter in the Kerry biography that voters need to hear about. No dice? Wouldn't the media be all over the story if John Kerry were a Republican? Imagine the 24-7, blood-in-the-water feeding frenzy that 254 Air National Guard veterans could trigger by writing the same kind of public letter calling George W. Bush unfit to be president. That's the game.

Washington Times
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: "Teachers Pet?" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

Wouldn't the media be all over the story if John Kerry were a Republican? Imagine the 24-7, blood-in-the-water feeding frenzy that 254 Air National Guard veterans could trigger by writing the same kind of public letter calling George W. Bush unfit to be president. That's the game.

Tempting as it is, I won't comment. But boy is it ever tempting Smile

Doug
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, fire for effect Doug. It's not good to suppress those bottled up notions. Vent boy...vent! Laughing
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have spent millions to keep repeating "Bush missed his appointment for his physical, he was AWOL" just think what they spend if they told about Kerry and his bag of worms. Semper Fi.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Well then, fire for effect Doug. It's not good to suppress those bottled up notions. Vent boy...vent! Laughing

No, no, I can stand the pressure Smile

This is a Kerry site, and I have managed, so far, to not so much as type the name of Kerry's opponent, let alone critisize him.

I can, and have, vented in other forums, though not so much lately.

Doug

Who, if he doesn't remember correctly, fully expects for B _ _ _ _ _ to research the net up and down for any recent venting on my part.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DougReese"]
Me#1You#10 wrote:

This is a Kerry site, and I have managed, so far, to not so much as type the name of Kerry's opponent, let alone critisize him.quote]

Freudian slip, Doug? Wink
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "Teachers Pet?" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Coming soon to a media outlet near you?

Quote:
Teacher's pet
By Diana West
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

... Wouldn't the media be all over the story if John Kerry were a Republican? Imagine the 24-7, blood-in-the-water feeding frenzy that 254 Air National Guard veterans could trigger by writing the same kind of public letter calling George W. Bush unfit to be president. That's the game.

Washington Times

You are correct. The "media" now has little to do with objective reporting of facts. Those who control content have a naked agenda, or are deluded, or both. Our "media" is now no better than Radio Moscow during the Cold War with its errors of commission and omission.

This is very sad, as it reflects yet another leftist-induced degradation of our republic. It's not the quality or quantity of the evidence that matters; it's the seriousness of the charge (e.g., "AWOL" story, recent Wilson affair).

This degradation may be how Rome fell.

What is concerning is this: what role do America's enemies play in the ideological plague that now affects much of the U.S. population?

Perhaps, though, alternate media will replace what has been lost.

FDL
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: The Anti-American Trinity Reply with quote

Actually the real risk to America is not foreign, it's domestic and it's being sold daily by the Mainsewer Media! Pravda! Izvestia! Radio Moscow! All located in NYC and DC.

This is a long article but an important read for any true American patriot!

Quote:
“WHEN A WHITE PERSON KILLS A BLACK PERSON, we all go out in the street to protest,” said Reverend Floyd Flake. “But our children are being educationally killed every day in public schools and nobody says a thing.”
Rev. Flake understands this problem – and why few outcries are heard. He once was part of the conspiracy that causes this. He served for six terms in Congress as a New York Democrat.

The Democratic Party’s two evil co-conspirators in this systematic destruction of black childrens’ minds, dreams and futures are a labor union, the National Education Association (NEA), and what used to be regarded as a civil rights organization, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).

All three groups in this unholy trinity exploit children – as surely as did 19th Century plantation slave owners or Dickensian industrial factory owners – destroying millions of young African-American lives for their own selfish gain.

http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14258
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: