SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill: Troops in Iraq Cheered Bush Win

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: John O'Neill: Troops in Iraq Cheered Bush Win Reply with quote

If this is a dupe. Zap!
I love John O'Neill and all of you!
Mary Ann Parker

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...
Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2004 9:06 a.m. EST

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/11/9/90821.shtml

John O'Neill: Troops in Iraq Cheered Bush Win U.S. troops stationed in Iraq were visibly heartened when they got the news that President Bush had defeated John Kerry in last week's election - but the media is refusing to report their reaction to the folks back home.That's the word from John O'Neill, whose successful mission to expose Kerry proved critical to Bush's win.

"It hasn't been carried on the networks but I've talked to children of our friends," O'Neill told ABC radio host Sean Hannity on Monday, in one of his first post-election interviews.

"People were cheering in Iraq and Afghanistan - our kids were - when the election results were announced." O'Neill said one of the chief motivations for the Swiftvets' crusade was a concern for the well being of GIs on the frontlines. "We were convinced that [Kerry] would be a disaster for our kids in Iraq and Afghanistan," he said.

But O'Neill made clear the motivation for him and his fellow Swiftvets had nothing to do with politics, telling Hannity, "The truth is, we didn't do this to hurt or help anybody [politically]. We did it because it was just the truth."

For his generation of Vietnam veterans, O'Neill said he was proud that the Swiftvets helped "recapture history for ourselves and for our friends who died there." "There will never be another American presidential candidate who takes the position that our kids in the field generally are criminals," he told Hannity.

"And I don't think there will ever be another campaign that's ever run on the basis that our involvement in Vietnam was anything but a noble - if lost - cause."
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was troops around the world cheered that Bush won. That does not include us vets from all branches of servces, from WWII to the current Iraqi war; that does not include the spouses of the men and women in the miltiary! Very Happy
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Shortly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I knew they would!!!! We all want a Commander and Chief that leads, not considering his own agenda or political motives. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: