SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is NOT good. Allawi's family kidnapped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: This is NOT good. Allawi's family kidnapped. Reply with quote

This is NOT good. It ups the ante. What now?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/10/iraq.kidnap/index.html
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iraq PM's relatives kidnapped

Group threatens beheadings if prisoner, Falluja demands not met

Wednesday, November 10, 2004 Posted: 8:53 AM EST (1353 GMT)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- At least two members of Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi's family have been kidnapped at gunpoint from their home in Baghdad, amid conflicting reports from government officials and sources close to the family.

A group called Ansar al-Jihad has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping on a Web site.

The group demanded the release of all Iraqi prisoners and an end to the attacks on Falluja within 48 hours. It said the hostages would be beheaded if its demands were not met.

Ansar al-Jihad has made several claims for attacks before, but this is its first claim for kidnapping.

Seems as though they are very desperate at this point. Do you wonder whether they may not have something in Falluja that they don't want found? Many reports are saying that the leaders have left as reported by insurgents/terrorists on the ground. Probably but who knows really.

I thought they are all supposed to be so happy to die as a martyr. Rolling Eyes
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ,I am certainly not surprised by this. I wonder what took them so long to do it. Their tactic of kidnapping foreign aid workers/contractors has had minimal effect. Actually in a lot of cases it has the oppositte effect they were looking for.
The bastards who are mostly foreigners will stop at nothing to disrupt the transformation of Iraq into a Democratic Nation. It would be only the second Democracy in the Mid-East and that scares the crap out of the extremist and Dictators in the Region.
Something that some of our Politicians fail to grasp, as they are too narrow minded to see the good that can and will come in the Mid-East with Freedom that Democracy brings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this on Fox this morning earlier. I think it is dispicable and a low life tactic to force PM Allawi to back down. However these idiots do not realize PM Allawi is strong on security and will never give in to terrorist tactics. It saddens me that any of his family must suffer and I pray for their safety, but this just goes to further prove why our role from the begining in Iraq is so very necessary and important.
Doc Jerry K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good news, but I'm sure Alawi knew and knows of the risks involved. He knows these ******** better than anyone.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant it, these relatives aren't a wife or child, they are cousins, but it still puts pressure on Allawi......but he AND THEM had the know they were targets. Why didn't they get out of the country until this was over? Why wasn't there better security around them? Question

I know Allawi won't negotiate with the terrorists, but I can't imagine being put in the position to actually have to see someone in my family beheaded because of a decision I made. The man has some stones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: