SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Neill on Hannity - Nov 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neil appeared on Hannity and Colmes tonight

He said he did not think the swift vets won the election for Bush.

He said he thought that Bush made his own victory and Kerry made his own defeat. Not in those exact words but close. He did say they took the vietnam issue away from Kerry. Because of the swiftvets Kerry had to run on something other than vietnam.

They discussed the response lag from the Kerry campaign while the first ads ran.

Colmes brought up the fact that Kerry's first wife wanted to come out and defend Kerry. But by the time she got ready the Kerry campaign started responding.

Some facts that I had seen 79% of people questioned knew who the swift vets were while only 49% knew who move-on.org was.

John O'Neil also said that at some points they had 800,000 hits on the web site a day. And, some of the commercials were downloaded 4-5 million times.

So, through alternative means the swifties beat the blocking tactics of the legacy media. Bravo!!

Thank you once again swifties - pows - and all vietnam vets - I hope this time and this effort has brought you the peace and honor you all so richly deserve.

Pete Bartow
usmc 75-80
semper fi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Hannity's radio show and Fox News teasing us most of the day with "new details" from the Swifties and John O'neill this was a big disappointment.

Colmes big question was whether John regretted upsetting Kerry's first wife (who according to Newsweek had Kerry's Viet Nam scars 'seared' in her memory).

Hannity couldn't or wouldn't go anywhere near the discharge status or Viet Cong documents.

Neither gave John a chance to initiate the subject.

What's keeping the lid on this?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill was great! Unfortunately, nothing new...Colmes made a bunch of stupid statements and asked a bunch of stupid questions and O'Neill responds with his usual excellent answers which Colmes politely listens to...Hannity makes his usual statements and asks his usual questions and then interrupts O'Neill before he can get into anything in detail...and then the interview is over!
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no big reveal tonight. It just isn't time I guess. But I feel the groundwork is being laid. Each time John ONeill is seen the more familiar he becomes to the public. It also reminds people and probably will encourage people to read about it. Familiarity will help with credibility. It isn't over yet. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Men who began all this have said and explained their case. The things that have become public or at least speculated about heavily lately were not a part of their original case against kerry.
The entire discharge issue as far as I have seen has not been resolved with defininate hard evidence.
Everything the Swift Boat vets brought forward, they have been able to support with paperwork, eyewitness testimony and even john kerry's own words.
They have not endorsed the Discharge Issue to my knowledge and that is something that was made public outside of their Group.
In other words, while they may have an interest in seeing that come out, it was not their argument against kerry, nor was it their doing it came out.The people to push on that are the two former JAG Officers and the author of the Article if you desire anything further on it. Or you could always do the research yourselves.
John O'Neil and the entire SVPT have done an incredible and extremely difficult job in getting kerry's past into the puplic view. If not for them none of this would even be discussed right now. None of the evidence of his meeting with and having direct connections to the NV and VC would be public knowledge.
What else do you want them to do? What more should they do? Is it perhaps time that people demanding more of them, start looking to themselves?
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
After Hannity's radio show and Fox News teasing us most of the day with "new details" from the Swifties and John O'neill this was a big disappointment.

Colmes big question was whether John regretted upsetting Kerry's first wife (who according to Newsweek had Kerry's Viet Nam scars 'seared' in her memory).

Hannity couldn't or wouldn't go anywhere near the discharge status or Viet Cong documents.

Neither gave John a chance to initiate the subject.

What's keeping the lid on this?

All day long they were 'teasing' this show as if there were some 'breaking news' coming from SBVT. Your statement about 'Hannity couldn't or wouldn't go anywhere near the discharge status or Viet Cong documents'...is extremely puzzleing (and frankly, more than a little disappointing) given the 'teaser'... I am stunned and asking myself, what the hell just happened? Did someone just before the show, put a lid on this again? Would Fox just imply there might be something new when they had no intention of asking John? If I were someone with little or no knowledge of the 'new documents' or the questions regarding the discharge....I would have come to the conclusion after watching the show....that well, no, I guess those SBVT have no new details, period.

This is in no way a criticism of John, no way, it had to be on the part of Fox. Either that, or something happened at the last minute.

Kimberly
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John looked good tonight. He really handled Colmes and his parsing of "his understanding of the facts" about the swift vets and their impact on the Kerry campaign.

I sincerely hope that most of the people that joined together to do what they could do to support the swift vets will continue their efforts and get that traitor ousted from the senate.

I was also interesting to see Carl Roves surprising acknowledgment of the Swiftboat vets impact and influence on Kerry's failed presidency. Too bad he couldn't have acknowledged it during the battle.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All day long they were 'teasing' this show as if there were some 'breaking news' coming from SBVT.

Unfortunately this is not the first time I've seen Fox do this; in fact it's my recollection that they do it rather often. Fox is the only news channel that I'll watch, because I have no other choice. But I don't think too highly of them. A lot of their format and this teasing business comes straight from the tabloid press kind of journalism - where their founder started if I'm not incorrect.

So I don't think there was a hidden story whose plug got pulled at the last minute. I think Fox was "selling" viewership.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someone would like to "inform" Alan on his nightly radio broadcast.

Here's a link to get you started...click on "listen live". I'll post a few direct links to affiliate radio stations when I find 'em.

Fox News Live with Alan Colmes

Have Your Say — Call Alan at 1- 866-2-FOXLIVE
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to see it, got a phone call just when JOhn was coming on;

will watch it on rerun. I'll email Fox because if they did the 'tease' thing again, I'm gonna be ticked.

Could be that John didn't want to break it because it wasn't one of their original 'facts'? Does anyone remember if he has said anything about the discharge on tv or radio? Maybe that will have to come from someone else. I think if the Swifties hadn't already brought it up, John won't mention it on air. tho, Kerry still not releasing his docs would have been in alignment with Swiftie subjects.

What an enormous amount of 'hits' and downloads! No wonder so many people said they saw the ads even if they weren't in a state they ran in.

I think a lot of people checked it out for themselves and were disgusted with Kerry and Kamp calling Swifties and POW's 'liars' all the time. And never really addressing any of the 'facts'. If they were really 'lies', a normal person would have addressed them and had it over with.... Kerry couldn't do that - once again, the American people proved Kerry wrong- we aren't all STUPID!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, O'Neill was thoughtful, well-spoken, and dedicated to the cause.

All of the other "stuff", real and imagined, dug up on Kerry during the campaign was not part of the purpose of the SWPT.

Quote:
Swift Vets and POWs for Truth has been formed to counter the false "war crimes" charges John Kerry repeatedly made against Vietnam veterans who served in our units and elsewhere, and to accurately portray Kerry's brief tour in Vietnam as a junior grade Lieutenant.

Mission accomplished, and then some.

Thanks for this site, and for allowing all of us to participate in the effort.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Kerry's First Wife Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised that Kerry's first wife Julia Thorne would be upset at the Swift Boat Veterans' accusations against Kerry, whereas Teresa Heinz Kerry hasn't said much about them.

When Kerry was meeting with Madame Binh in Paris, wasn't he ostensibly on his honeymoon with Julia Thorne? Maybe Julia Thorne was cooperating with Kerry's anti-war campaigns at the time, and believed Kerry's version of what happened in Vietnam--after all, she was probably in love with Kerry in 1971, but had no idea what Kerry really did (or saw) in Vietnam, except for what Kerry told her.

Maybe some of the Swift Boat Veterans and other military historians in this forum could look into Julia Thorne's role...was she another Jane Fonda, or just along for the ride with Kerry?

Colmes' questions about Kerry's first wife were obviously meant to distract John O'Neill from the thrust of his interview--the impact of the SBVT campaign on the Presidential election. O'Neill couldn't really claim that the SBVT campaign won the election for Bush or lost it for Kerry, because neither he nor anyone else can read the minds of 116 million voters, but he did say that the ads helped deprive Kerry of the "war hero" image Kerry tried to portray at his convention.

O'Neill also made the point that the "mainstream" media didn't give the Swift Boat veterans the coverage they deserved, but that the messge did get out on cable networks such as Fox News, and over the Internet. He also said that Kerry still owes the veterans an apology for what he said about them in 1971.

The O'Neill interview might have been disappointing for those expecting new revelations, but such matters are not as newsworthy immediately after an election as before the election. In addition, any discussion about the Swift Boat Veterans is likely to be crowded out by news about the battle for Fallujah, the appointment of new Cabinet members, new chairmen in Senate committees, the agenda for Bush's second term, and the death of Yasser Arafat.

The SBVT's biggest battle has already been won--keeping Kerry out of the White House--with help from veterans, conservatives, and Republicans. Maybe there is another battle to be fought--getting Kerry out of the Senate, but there is now much more time, and a big "can of worms" in the Vietnam archives that is just barely pried open.

After Kerry's loss in the election, Democrats might want to look toward other candidates in 2008, and might want Kerry to hide behind the scenes. He may be less newsworthy in the future, but that will also hinder his chances of staging a comeback. If things start slowly coming out over the Internet about Kerry's discharge and plotting with the enemy, the Democrats might think he has too much negative baggage to run for President in 2008, and the SBVT's mission will be completely accomplished.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMCWayne wrote:
As always, O'Neill was thoughtful, well-spoken, and dedicated to the cause.

All of the other "stuff", real and imagined, dug up on Kerry during the campaign was not part of the purpose of the SWPT.

Quote:
Swift Vets and POWs for Truth has been formed to counter the false "war crimes" charges John Kerry repeatedly made against Vietnam veterans who served in our units and elsewhere, and to accurately portray Kerry's brief tour in Vietnam as a junior grade Lieutenant.

Mission accomplished, and then some.

Thanks for this site, and for allowing all of us to participate in the effort.

Mission accomplished? Well, let's just pull the plug on this sight and call it a day! Have a nice life!

There's no lack of gratitude for the Founders, no disparagement of John Oneill, and no resentment that they would return to there own live's. What I hear is frustration that this other 'stuff' (more real than imagined) has not broken through into public awareness.

The election's over so pack it in? Wrong! If this sight is not to become meaningless it should continue to: 1) fully reveal Kerry and 2) vindicate 'Nam vets. I don't think I'm alone in this.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly,

No, you're not wrong or alone. I believe (and hope) this great site should stay active to pursue Kerry's lies and crimes.

But O'Neills Hannity and Colmes appearance was certainly not a disappointment, as others have noted, because he didn't bring up any new issues, the less-than-honorable discharge and the treason charges to name a couple.

As has been mentioned, time and again, Kerry got a pass from the MSM, has never had to answer questions about his Vietnam and post-Vietnam service (and probably never will), and has never apologized for his actions (and probably never will).

To some degree, and according to O'Neill, Vietnam vets have been vindicated, and a great deal of "the word" has gotten out regarding Kerry's service in Vietnam and with the VVAW. It took cable TV, the Internet, Blogs, and this site and, in many respects, showed just how irrelevant the MSM has become to a large segment of our society.

But the MSM is still the MSM. Unless they report on the Kerry issues, the story is just Internet blather.

We can howl at the moon until the cows come home but, until someone steps forward with a smoking gun, someone else with the requisite authority authenticates it, and someone with the power pursues it, there will not be any treason charges filed, ejection from the Senate, or exposure for "possibly" receiving a less than honorable discharge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: