SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simply Terribly Frightening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Simply Terribly Frightening Reply with quote

The below is the website for the U.S. lawyer hired to defend Sadam Hussein. Yes, we do defend ilk such as this in his right to free speech. In all the places I've been and things I've seen, nothing has sickened me as much the the writings of this one person. Thank heaven there are groups such as this to remind me if it was all worth it.

http://dcregistry.com/homepages/curtis.html

Note of warning, ensure there are no weapons, heavy tools or anything else close to hand when reading some of the material in this site. To do otherwise may cause harm to your computer.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, not to worry. Didn't some masked thugs in Iraq threaten
to cut the head off of anyone representing Saddam? Now THAT
would be a crowd pleaser.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't have to read more than a paragraph into the first article to raise my blood pressure a point. His thesis....? The American military is made up of cowards since we use stand off weapons and technology to fight. To prove otherwise requires that we fight "fairly" using close in hand to hand combat and sticks and stones....what drivel...what a bozo....one day too many in the ivory tower for that loser....

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept coming across this international humanitarian laws of war or something like that. Also a lot of reference to cowards killing civilians. And we're the bad guys because we have modern weapons.
Well, first of all they shouldn't bring a knife to a gunfight. If all you have is archaic weaponry then you should consider that before you take on your enemy.
As far as cowards killing civilians, what the hell are these masked cowards doing every time they set off a car bomb in a public place.
International humanitarian laws of war? Yes, war is usually international but it is seldom humanitarian. War sucks, period. But if there is no other way and we have to go to war then just stay out of the way.
I only responded to the first article but that was all I could stand to read.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I sent the guy. No reply or response as of yet and frankly I seriously doubt he will respond.

Quote:

Mr. Doebbler;

I must state that I do take offense in being labeled a coward by you; having served in the U.S. military, specifically the Coast Guard for 20 years.

In counterpoint to your arguments regarding greater force; once committed by the political leadership to any conflict involving use of force it behooves the military to use overwhelming force to quickly achieve those goals the political leadership deems necessary. Anything else results in much greater casualties on both sides. You may argue otherwise but I would like to point out the proven example in Iraq where the Iraqi military underwent a significant decrease of force capability simply by having its soldiers desert rather than face the overwhelming force presented. If the U.S. had presented an "equal" force the campaign would have definitely gone on much longer with the accompanying increase in dead and wounded.

I do understand your views regarding the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts and yes I do respect them even though I am in clear disagreement.

Sir, when defining a coward, do please include those hijackers and the suicide bombers who have killed so many innocents and consider your position in your upcoming trials. If nothing else, take a short trip to Halabja and visit the survivors. They are still suffering the effects of the poisons rained down upon them by your defendant's regime. As for stamping the American soldier a coward please keep in mind the number of dead and injured caused by improvised explosive devices, booby traps and such like that they face every day by the very people you attempt to defend. I ask you, who is in hiding, who is shooting from the shadows, who is fully indiscriminate in the methods and manner of dealing in death.

A final note, if you would be so kind, please dismiss any and all U.S. personnel assigned to your protection detail in Iraq while you are there. Failing to do so would certainly stamp hypocrisy on the very views you have presented in your writings.

Thank you for your time. While I can't in good conscience wish you luck in your endeavors, I do wish you enlightenment.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you make some very thoughtful and cogent points for a "GoophyDog." Wink

Very well written and no cussing - that's MUCH better than I could have done. Very Happy
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Navy*3. That was the end of several drafts, most of which did have a bit of "salt" in them. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: