SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Bless you TriNavy Reply with quote

TriNavy, you have my support and sympathy. My father, brother, sister, and I have a combined 93 years with USAF and damn proud of it. Yours is a voice of reason and compassion. It is families like yours that we all laid it all on the line for. I will always have your six here. I was in the AF from 1970 -1980. Started as a gunner on AC-130A's in the 16th SOS RTAFB Ubon, Thailand. Flew 67 missions north of charlie. We called ourselves Spooky's even though we flew the 130 Spectre's. It was out of respect for the AC47 Spooky's that didn't make it back. In 1974 went to FE school for 141's and went to Charleston in the 76th MAS and logged more than 4000 hours until I separated in 1980. Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971. Love ya man.

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
Shane Moore
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New to the board here. I am very happy to see a site like this doing well. Kerry is a (edited by moderator) and a disgrace to my Navy.

Me:

USN - Oct 90 --> Oct 96
RTC Orlando - Oct 90 --> Dec 90
NTC Orlando - "Nuke" MM A-School Jan 91 --> Aug 91
"Nuke" Power School Sep 91 --> Feb 92
NPTU Balston Spa - "Nuke" Prototype Training Mar 92 --> Dec 92
Various TAD - Jan 93 --> Jun 93
Subase New London - Shippingport ARDM-4 Jun 93 --> Oct 96

I had the good fortune to remain stateside during the Gulf War and hold great respect for those who have honorably served "in-county" during any conflict.

I wish this organization well in bringing to light the actions of those like Kerry who spat upon the uniforms they wore and now try to hide behind those same uniforms.

Though I am not, like the majority here, a Republican. I am a libertarian. I hope to learn much from those who came before me.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Shane!

Libertarians are welcome as long as they vote Republican this time around. Your guy isn't going to win so make sure Kerry doesn't. Laughing

Thanks for your service, mate!
Shane Moore
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Welcome aboard Shane!

Libertarians are welcome as long as they vote Republican this time around. Your guy isn't going to win so make sure Kerry doesn't. Laughing

Thanks for your service, mate!

Even though I live in TX, where my vote will not count one way or the other, I will vote for Bush simply because I believe him to be best qualified to perform the job at this time. Even if I disagree with many of his policies, I believe him to be honest and straight forward in his intent to protect this country.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane, Welcome aboard! Batten down the hatches, hold your nose, and jump right in. Cannonballs are welcome! Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane Moore wrote:
...I will vote for Bush simply because I believe him to be best qualified to perform the job at this time. Even if I disagree with many of his policies, I believe him to be honest and straight forward in his intent to protect this country.

Therein lies exactly my sentiments. Thank you Shane.
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are doing a wonderfull job getting the word out about Kerry. He certainly is a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm somewhat new to this. I'm not a swift boat type. I joined the Navy August 1965
Great Mistakes, Company 449
ASE 2, Seperated 1970 ( extended enlisment 1 year )
Joined US Air Force 1972,
Illuminator Operator AC130A/E/H Gunships, Ubon, Thailand,16 SOS June 73 to June
74 .
Retired from Air Force Special Operations, August 1988
Both Grand Fathers, Veterans, WWI
Father, Nose gunner,togglier B-24s, WWII, 8th Air Force, Horsham St. Faith
Uncle, Fifth Marines, South Pacific WWII
Older brother, United States Navy, ATC 1965 to 1976. USS America. Yankee Station.
Younger brothers US Navy, BT 2, US Army PFC
And this is for Mike Winn, " If you ain't Spectre, You ain't S*it""

George F. Thompson, Msgt, US Air Force, Ret.
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read your post, George. lol Remember the 800 series codes we used
inflight? 826 - you gotta be sh**ting me, 801 - pardon me sir, but you obviously mistook me for someone who gives a s**t. lol And you are right
George, If you ain't Spectre, you ain't s**t!!!!

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Shane. Remember all votes are important! I voted absentee ballot in the State of FLorida...so I did take a pesonal issue with Al Gore trying to get my vote thrown out. It is importan to cast a vote (but that is only for those who are voting for Bush...those for JOhn Kerry...take your time, go ahead..miss the deadline or even better vote for Ralph...LOL..couldn't resist).
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Doc Jerry Reply with quote

Former USAF flight Medic. Lucked out and did not go to Vietnam. The Air Force actually honored my "dream sheet" after medic training at Shepard in Texas. I listed Greece, Hawaii and Florida (mom did not raise a fool). Got Greece in the early 1970's. My medic class was the first class in over 7 years that did not send one medic to Vietnam. Prior to that class, at least 30% of each class went to Vietnam. Served with the 7206th Support/Recon Group (Athenai AF base shared with the Greek Air Force and commercial flights). We "listened" to the Commie chatter in those days from our 130's and F-111's. I felt guilty for about 30 seconds after I arrived until I took off for the beach and saw all those babes from all around the world. Great duty. Got more puta than I could handle.

Go Air Force--Aim High!!!
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone....wanted to introduce myself and comment on what a great site this is. As one of my old COs used to always say - "the truth will set you free..."

I am a USNA '87 grad and served aboard Mobile Bay (CG 53) and Taurus (PHM-3). I am proud to have taken part in the cold war and also deployed twice to the Persian Gulf were I was part of Earnest Will (i.e. tanker boardings) and Desert Shield.

I'm so hopping mad that Kerry has tried to claim Vets in this election, I got off my butt and joined the VFW so I can make sure my voice is heard. I'd vote for Ralph Nader before I would vote for a turncoat (but actually I think I will just vote for President Bush - perhaps a few times since I live in the great state of Florida...Smile.

As an aside - for those of you who are Viet Nam vets - something I always wanted to say but never really did. I think our success in the Gulf War was based largely in part from what you taught us. Many of the COs and CPOs that I served with in the Persian Gulf in 1990 and 91 were junior officers and junior sailors two decades earlier. As we headed into the unknown.. we leaned on them hard and they held us up. Thank you.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
ghiapaul
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, my name is Paul Dragos. I was in the Navy from 09/66 to 10/69. I was on the U.S.S. Kearsarge (CVS-33) the whole time, going on 2 Westpac cruises. I was an aviation ordnanceman, attaining rank of AO2. Worked flight deck crew most of the time.

From first time I saw Kerry, I didn't like him. Found this and other sites that told me why. Keep up the good work! We all have to get the word out about Kerry to prevent him from attaining his goal - I know I am telling everyone about him. Thanks again for this website.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghiapaul wrote:
Hello everyone, my name is Paul Dragos. I was in the Navy from 09/66 to 10/69. I was on the U.S.S. Kearsarge (CVS-33) the whole time, going on 2 Westpac cruises. I was an aviation ordnanceman, attaining rank of AO2. Worked flight deck crew most of the time.

From first time I saw Kerry, I didn't like him. Found this and other sites that told me why. Keep up the good work! We all have to get the word out about Kerry to prevent him from attaining his goal - I know I am telling everyone about him. Thanks again for this website.

Welcome aboard Paul! Thanks for your service, mate!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you who served in Vietnam and anywhere else.

I was US Army Security Agency from 1965-1971. Chinese linguist, intercept operator, and intelligence analyst. E-6 on discharge.

The odd thing was I intercepted NVA communications for the first 6 months I was on Taiwan. Then focused on CHICOM "cultural revolution" and a CHICOM AAA/SAM site in northern North Vietnam.

Basic at Ft. Ord, then language school in Monterey, then Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, TX, then Taiwan. Later went to Ft. Holabird, MD, then Hawaii, with TDY to Udorn, Thailand.

Recently, I went to the Vietnam Memorial in northern New Mexico. I found Kerry's biography, "Tour of Duty" by Douglas Brinkley prominently displayed there. Although this is a private memorial, once again Kerry is getting away with politicking at a Vietnam memorial. Ruined the next 250 miles of my trip.

About two months ago, I had the honor of hearing the commander of swift boat #94 (before Kerry took it over) speak. He said that Kerry's biography contained numerous incidents in which Kerry claimed for himself the operations and exploits of swift boat #94 that occurred while under the command of the previous commander. There you have it, that's the kind of man the Democrats have nominated for president: a stealer of the exploits of others and a traitor.
Colorado Coasty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Thanks from the heart(land) Reply with quote

As a Coasty, and a non-participant in the war in Vietnam, I would like to say what most Americans forgot to say to their returning heros ... Thanks. Many of us served in "The Guard" as we called the Coast Guard in the early 70s because we could not in good conscience support the war or the haphazard way the government fought it. But we lost friends there like most Americans. After these many years, it is time we honored not just the men whose names appear on a long black wall. As I said THANKS, you who served in 'Nam are heros.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 7 of 47

Jump to: