SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSM Exagerating and Lying about Marines AGAIN......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This maybe off the mark but I remeber an episode of JAG where they brought a reporter that had been with troops in Afghanistan up on military charges because he violated the rules by contacting his office via satelite phone and then the troops were attacked because their where abouts were known in advance by the Terrorists. I believe they said he was subject to military law by his agreement signed to be embedded. Now I know that was just TV but I thought the used real military cases and laws as backup, much like Law and Order use real laws in New York for their stories. If that's the case than the Marines should bring the reporter up for court martial.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Give him a fair court martial and then hang him.

Keep up the barrage on the OLM, your senators and the Armed Forces Commitee members. Demand the Marine be treated fairly, express outrage over the double standards, and work this, work this, work this.

Let's keep it up until we expose the lying, treasonous OLM for the pack of hyenas they are. Let them know we understand the game the are playing, but we won't be played this time, like we were in 1971.

And while we are at it, let's have a national debate on the treatment of our Vietnam vets by the OLM, and let's get them to apologize publicly to them.

You know when I will be satisfied? When Dan Rather, Walter Cronkite, John Kerry and Jane Fonda et al, get down on their hands and knees and BEG for forgiveness. Then I will display my Christian charity by not kicking their teeth down their throats.

CALL YOUR SENATORS! CALL THE MEDIA! GET BUSY!

We can not let them get away with this again.
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The marine did his duty, he protected his fellow marines, he protected himself, he destroyed a terrorist and should be commended and Sipes should be nailed. It's simple, terrorist, out of uniform, faking dead and a clear threat given the IED and booby traps in the area. It's called war and that is the way wars are foght and won.
Sipes should be investigated and tossed out of Iraq and banned from all war theatres. I don't see why any investigation is warranted, but if it is, then it should last about 10 seconds and finish by awarding him a medal. Who needs the embeds and press hacks anyhow, particularly loose cannons like Sipes? Clean out the embeds and let our troops get on with fighting and winning war. We don't need politically motivated MSM types running around with our troops and the public can wait for Pentagon to give out bulletins, like in Korean and WWII.
Bring back battlefield censorship, blackouts and control the flow of information. That was the earlier way and the best way. We don't need those dippies getting in our troops' way and don't need instant news. This whole bloody silly nonsense started with Vietnam and should be dumped, revoked and repealed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noc wrote:
Quote:
The press didn't seem too concerned about that woman that was found all hacked to pieces -- but oh boy, watch out for that American soldier!

Amazing isn't it. Good is evil and evil is good. I just wish the hate America first crowd would follow through and move to Canada. Unfortunate for the Canadians, but good for America.

How so very true. The Bible says that in the last days men will call evil good and good evil. Sadly many Christians are doing just that, calling good evil. Sad
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have seen the video and heard what the Marine said that shot the insurgent.

I will call him Marine one

Marine one said.

Quote:
He's faking he's f****g dead!

second Marine said,

Quote:
And he's breathing

Marine one said,

Quote:
He's faking he's f****g dead!

From these words this Marine is innocent and should be put back online.

This is a justifiable kill considering the circumstances previous.

He was protecting the squad and himself.

Problem here was these insurgents were not tagged to show that they were waiting for medical evacuation.

MSM stand down stop reporting this story over and over like a broken record.

The MSM has a tendency to over react. Must be a bad case of Demo nerves.

I think the MSM needs to stay back further from the action.

Hurt Iraqi Shooting Probed

World Reacts To Mosque Shooting

Notice the title 'World Reacts To Mosque Shooting" this is what MSM wish.

If they say it enough times the MSM thinks people will believe it.

The Marine is innocent, give it up.

This is really sick reporting if you ask me.

We need a whole new News Media.

Right NOW!

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
a.t.beagle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now on Hannity they were talking to this obvious liberal, Hannity said Kerry did the same thing, shooting a boy in the back. This "jerk" said "Kerry showed more courage in what he did after he came back from Vietnam by speaking the truth".

Apparently CNN is reporting that they should talk to the "insurgents" to find out the truth.

What the H--- is wrong with these people?
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an outrage that this soldier is being investigated for actions in a war zone in house to house combat. The military powers-that-be need to kick out all reporters, PRONTO, in any combat operation - they are endangering the mission both by their physical presence and most importantly by their hidden agenda of trying to get the mission to fall apart by insinuating that our soldiers may have committed "war crimes". These snakes need to be gone. Will our soldiers have to fight with one hand tied behind their back, like in Vietnam? What can we do to help?
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with these people is that they are neither sane nor rational. When was the last time that you had a rational conversation with a liberal, especially one who is against this war?

Right now, I don't see how this insanity is going to stop. Thank God that there are enough people still alive who have actually fought in wars and know that these things happen in the heat of battle. I have never fought in a war, but even I can see that this soldier was acting in the line of duty.

Does anybody remember the scene in "We Were Soldiers Once" where Mel Gibson's character gave the reporter a rifle, even after the reporter told him he was a noncombatant. The reply he got was something along the lines of "not any more you're not"....and the guy actually had to defend himself. I think all reporters should be required to do the same.

This reporter is no hero in my eyes. I call it irresponsible journalism.

Maria
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya wrote: U.S. Marines Rally Round Iraq Probe Comrade in an earlier post, and everybody's writing to the media like they might listen.

I said thirty years of this was enough and it is time for SVPFT to answer the call.

It is time for SVPFT to rally Round this Marine and make an official public statement. What's the hold up. Gonna wait to see if the boobytrap goes off?
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: SIGN THE PETITION TO CONGRESS ON THIS MATTER!: Reply with quote

A petition has been setup to be sent to Congress. Read & sign it here!

http://www.petitiononline.com/as123/petition.html
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GiveMeFreedom! I'm on it!!!!! Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Petition link, I just went on and signed. I am so mad at our media Evil or Very Mad I just sent my Congressman the following:
Dear Sir,
Congratulations on your win!
I am praying that you are still listening to your constituents here in SoCal and that is why I am writing to you. I am appalled at the media coverage of that young marine in Falluja, the marine who shot that terrorist. The media is trying to make this young man a war criminal and is abetting the enemy by allowing Al-Jazeera to air this footage and stir up anti-American sentiment. When will our President and our elected officals show support for this marine and all those who risk their lives for this country. This marine is in a war zone and is dealing with terrorists who do not follow even the basics of common decency, let alone any of the Geneva Convention rules. The enemy leaves explosives on their dead, in order to destroy the enemy; they fire at marines while under the truce of the white flag; the wounded terrorists are willing to blow themselves up and take out marines that have come to render aid. Why isn't the media as outraged over the torture rooms found in Falluja? Where is the coverage of the dismembered female found in the streets? Who's side is the media on. Our media displays a one-sided view of Iraq and it isn't in favor of America. Where are the reports of the good news that our brave young men and women have done? The media, in it's attempt to be fair to the enemy, have now provided aid and comfort to the enemy. If the embed reporters are going to work against our winning this war, then I say, send them home. The reporter who released this video and provided it to Al-Jazeera should be tried for treason. Instead of profitting off of this war and furthering his own career, he should have turned the film over to the military and let J.A.G. determine whether this marine should be punished. Instead, he has given the terrorists another tool to use against us and he has crucified this young marine in the media. I will do all within my power to prevent our "vaunted, fair, media" from turning this war into another Viet Nam. I will be sending a copy of this to our President. He has the support of our military men and women, it is time he shows his support of them.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, please take them in your loving arms and protect them. Amen.

This is why we need to fight for the marine that is the subject of this thread:

In the Heat of Battle 2
One of the situational dangers of the battlefield was illustrated by the death of a California Marine. The Mercury News reports:

Marine Lance Cpl. Jeramy Ailes, 22, of Gilroy was killed Monday in Al-Fallujah by small arms fire. "They had finished mopping up in Fallujah and they went back to double-check on some insurgents. From what we gathered, somebody playing possum jumped up and shot him,'' said his father, Joel Ailes, who learned of his death Monday evening. "It's extremely hard."

... His first time in Iraq, Jeramy Ailes gave $10 to each child he came across because he knew it would feed their families for 30 days. This time, he asked his family to mail as many soccer balls as they could. His family sent 300 balls, and Jeramy Ailes' platoon handed them out to children.

Joel Ailes warmly remembered the last conversation he had with his son last month, in which Jeramy Ailes recounted how he had come across a large man walking with a 12-year-old girl carrying a huge bale of straw on her back. His son, who spoke and read Arabic, exchanged words with the man. And, for the next seven miles, his son carried the girl on his back and the man carried the bales of straw. "That was my son," Joel Ailes said.

That was his son.

http://belmontclub.blogspot.com/2004/11/in-heat-of-battle-2-one-of-situational.html
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just e-mailed MSNBC/NBC the following:

Dear Sirs,

Regarding the marine shooting in Falluja, your news reporters need to learn what war is. We are at war, this is not a tv show, this is not a diversion designed to make ratings. Kevin Sites proved himself to be a traitor to this country. My problem is not with his filming the shooting. My problem is with the way he handled it. Instead of turning the film over to the military for an investigation, this lowlife tries to win a Pulitzer and make a name for himself by airing the footage and allowing Al-Jezeera the chance to inflame hatred of America. Instead of waiting for a hearing, which in my opinion shouldn’t even take place, this reporter and NBC have aided and abetted the enemy. You and your reporter have crucified this young marine, all in the name of ratings and getting the story out. This reporter should not be embedded with our US troops. He is looking out for himself, not the interests of this country.

I thank God every night that the reporters of today weren’t around to cover World War II. Does old Tom Brokaw know some of the things that happened during that war? Or was Tom just looking to make a dollar off of the Greatest Generation? Thank God, Edward R. Murrow didn’t spend his time vilifying our soldiers and referring to the enemy as having a just cause in their own right (ala Chris Mathews). War is ugly, get your reporters out of there and let our soldiers finish the business at hand. I have had it with our US news organizations and their desire to show our military in a bad light and trying to make this another Viet Nam. If the American news media does not start reporting fairly on this war, I for one will quit watching the news and get my information through the internet and radio. Although the OIM (that’s old irrelevant media) doesn’t want me to know, I am able to read about how the enemy booby traps their dead with explosives. The enemy waves the white flag, and then shoots our soldiers. The enemy wounded call for help and then they detonate explosives, killing our marines. Regardless of what Chris Mathews, Kevin Sites, and your reporters may think, these aren’t insurgents – they are terrorists. Many of these terrorists come from outside of Iraq, from places like Jordan and Egypt. These terrorists torture and behead the innocent, kill unarmed civilians and the media barely notices. Then, a US marine, in the middle of combat, comes across an enemy who is faking death and in the few seconds allowed to him, determines that the terrorist is a threat and kills him. The media explodes into righteous indignation and yell about the Geneva Convention (like the terrorists have signed that agreement). If having reporters on the scene is going to hinder our winning of this war, then get them out of there. I have written my Congressman and President Bush about the irresponsibility of this reporter and the media. For once, I would like to see a positive news report on the US led coalition and their war with Iraq. Fortunately, I can find out the truth from sources beyond the OIM.

While I’m on the subject; why isn’t the media expressing as much outrage at the decapitation, dismemberment, and disemboweling of the Western female in Falluja? Why isn’t the media reporting on the murder of Van Gogh? Why isn’t the media spending as much time on the torture rooms found in Falluja? The American media refuses to believe that this war is different from Viet Nam and they are doing their best to prove it. I refuse to fall into that media trap. I support our military and I will continue to regard the media with contempt, until they show the other side of the Iraq story and support our men and women in the military.
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS Endicott wrote:
The American media refuses to believe that this war is different from Viet Nam and they are doing their best to prove it.

Actually, the point of much of the discussion here is that the same thing happened (Media for the enemy) in Viet Nam. Or am I missing something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: