SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something Needs To Be Done About NBC NOW! URGENT!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Something Needs To Be Done About NBC NOW! URGENT!! Reply with quote

This will set your hair on fire. Or should.
We need to concentrate on them specifically. (NBC) Set the other
media on the cause as well.

Remember Halperin is the architect of all things anti-war,anti-bush,
anti everything since the Nixon Administration.
This reporter needs to be recalled and publicaly exposed that
he is an anti-war blogger as well.
Too mad to continue.
Mary Ann

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?

ARTICLE_ID=41506
Wednesday, November 17, 2004

MEDIA MATTERSNBC cameraman an anti-war activist

Man who shot footage of Fallujah killing has presence on Web Posted:
November 17, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern © 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Kevin Sites, the NBC cameraman who shot video of the controversial shooting of a Fallujah insurgent by a U.S. Marine, is an anti-war activist whose photographs of Iraqi prisoners are featured on at least one anti-war website.

Sites was embedded with the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment in Fallujah when he shot the video of the Marine shooting an injured enemy fighter in a mosque.

From the dialogue on the footage, it appeared the Marines were unsure if the insurgent was dead or faking death. Some fighters in Iraq have feigned death only to pull out a weapon or blow themselves up to kill Americans.

The U.S. military is investigating the incident to determine what happened and what, if any, punitive action should be taken against the Marine.

Sites was serving as a pool cameraman, giving access to the video to many networks.

Images Against War is one website where Sites' photography appears, giving two separate pages to his work.

One of the pages, labeled "Kevin Sites 2," features photos of captured Iraqis with one caption saying detainees on a truck were enduring "a long ride into uncertainty." Most of the photos featured on the site engender sympathy toward U.S. enemy fighters and antipathy toward American military personnel.

Images Against War, which is based in Germany, has a comments page where posters have lashed out at Sites.

"The kindest things I can say about you is that you are a traitor and a terrorist sympathizer," writes one poster. "I would say I feel pity for you, but that would be a lie. All I feel for you is disgust. … Shame on you. I look forward to the day that the betrayal of this Marine haunts your every moment."

Dennis Karr posted: "Kevin Sites has to be the lowest of the low, a traitor for sure, only breathing right now because of our brave soldiers whom he surely hates."

Wrote yet another: "Good luck riding along with our troops now ... you're going to need it."

Sites also has his own blog. Here is part of his entry for Nov. 10, when he was accompanying Marines on their assault on Fallujah:

" The Marines I'm embedded with are nearly ebullient. This looks to be a cakewalk. One jokes they'll be sipping 'pina coladas by the Euphrates River by fifteen-hundred.'"

In his account, Sites describes dead Iraqis in detail and says the Marines are "operating with liberal rules of engagement."

His site includes a disclaimer explaining he is a freelance journalist on assignment for NBC, "but this site is a personal website not affiliated with or funded by NBC News."

Sites' bio says he was captured by Iraqi Fedayeen militia outside Tikrit while traveling with Kurdish fighters and spent four hours in captivity before being released.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wonders how he got the fedayeen to release him Evil or Very Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How he got the fayadeen to release him? Easy. Just tell them he's an American reporter who is sympathetic to their cause, and that he will gladly spread their message to the American people on their behalf.

Maria
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sites managed to escape captivity in Falluja once. He isn't an ounce the human being of those who have lost their lives. He will have a serious problem if he is captured again ... I doubt he will have any prayer support behind him.
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to wonder how many Marines will be injured because he's on patrol with them. In the back of their mind will be the thought of the fellow Marine that he betrayed and wondering if it will happen to them...

The commanders in the field should refuse to allow this bastard anywhere near a battle.

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that this reporter "escaped his captors" because they let him? These terrorists aren't in the habit of letting Americans go free. This is just speculation, but, isn't it possible that this guy is passing information on military personnel and military movements to the enemy? Perhaps his capture was his way of passing on information without rousing too much suspicion. He couldn't go the capture route twice, so this time he causes a big stir in the Arab world by releasing his film to the world. If anyone deserves an investigation into his actions, it is surely this reporter.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Sites, I think that I would be rather loathe to take any more embedded assignments. His luck has run out and he's just spent his last dime for the phone call home. Evil or Very Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sites should be allowed the privelege of being "point" on his next assignment Twisted Evil
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Marine in Fallujah Reply with quote

Somehow I don't think this story about the Marine shooting a wounded terrorist will go very far. Last night on Fox News (Hannity&Colmes), former Democrat Senator Bob KerrEy was actually defending the Marine's actions.

I haven't seen the transcript yet, but KerrEy said something about Marines having to worry about wounded terrorists faking death in order to ambush enemy soldiers.

I capitalized the E to distinguish Bob KerrEy from you-know-who!
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone able to find an email address for this guy, I'm pounding on my keyboard and can't find anything in his website. I want to drop the hammer on this liberal cser.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: