SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks from the heart(land) Reply with quote

Colorado Coasty wrote:
As a Coasty, and a non-participant in the war in Vietnam, I would like to say what most Americans forgot to say to their returning heros ... Thanks. Many of us served in "The Guard" as we called the Coast Guard in the early 70s because we could not in good conscience support the war or the haphazard way the government fought it. But we lost friends there like most Americans. After these many years, it is time we honored not just the men whose names appear on a long black wall. As I said THANKS, you who served in 'Nam are heros.

Thanks Coasty.

I know some folks up Grand Junction and Delta way and Longmont too.

My Navy technicians and I actually repaired the radar on a WPB that showed up at Qui Nhon early one evening, and said they were in a hurry. We got it done. I sure loved that haze gray Speed Queen washing machine with the old fashioned ringer on the fantail, no Maytag Man for the Coasties.

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.

Since you're now familiar with both John F. Kerry and his biographer Douglas Brinkley, try this:
Brinkley misidentifies PBRs for PCFs
http://swiftvets.com/VetsBB/viewtopic.php?t=1356

Douglas Brinkley is also a member of the Gang of 400, the 400 so-called "Historians in Defense of the Constitution", an academic mob that looked down from the Ivory Tower and decided that the people in flyover country should be told not to support impeachment of President "Slick Willy" Clinton. Brinkley was one of the 400+ signers of the full page petition and ad published in New York Times, Washington Post, et al, Oct. 30, 1998.

neverforget wrote:
Thanks to all of you who served in Vietnam and anywhere else.

Recently, I went to the Vietnam Memorial in northern New Mexico. I found Kerry's biography, "Tour of Duty" by Douglas Brinkley prominently displayed there. Although this is a private memorial, once again Kerry is getting away with politicking at a Vietnam memorial. Ruined the next 250 miles of my trip.

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
kd4ybx
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO EVERYBODY: I Served 20 years USAF 1966 TO 1986, PHAN RANG RVN 68-69, KORAT THAILAND 72-74, was a jet eng mech/crew cheif on F-111,A7D,F-100, And Aggressor F-5E aircraft at Nellis AFB, Nevada .After retirement I moved over to Saudi Arabia, working for the Royal Saudi Air Force on the F-5 program, 20years in the Air Force under several rocket&morter attacks I managed not to get wounded or injured, As a civilian I managed to get shot at and hit (SCUD)compliments of Sadumb&Insaine, now I have limited use of my left hand--thus ending my mechanical career, Now you can find me anywere USA following that white line in my Freightliner, and happier for it . Laughing Now about KERRY--he is a embarrassment to all vets!!! And a waste of my time talking about him. Sad
Colorado Coasty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: An Officer's duty Reply with quote

I remember a hot topic around CG Airstation San Francisco once was about an Army Officer who got arrested in Germany for marching in a war protest parade. I tried to explain to my fellow enlisted men that officers have a very different oath of office that precluds such activity. Someone should have explained it to JFKerry (he who wishes he were the real Navy hero and the real JFK!) Can you imagine Kennedy begging out early and going home to protest the war?
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hating George W. Bush with Michael Moore and
Annoying the Media with Viking Phoenix"

I went to your web site, and it doesn't seem to be congruent with the first part of your signature. However, I could be missing the "tongue-in-cheek" or "leg-being-pulled" aspect of your signature.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard kd4ybx! I was at Korat from Dec 71 to Dec 72. I doubt you ever saw me, but I more than likely saw you. I was Security Police K9, and one of those dark shadows out on the perimeter that you might have seen in a quick glimpse! Since I worked from sundown to sunup, most of you fly boys never saw us!

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
kd4ybx
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAWADEE WAR DOG : You probably have met me--I worked the trim pad and jet engine test cell out on the end of the runway--you guys came in sometimes to get a cold drink, I worked the same shift 1800- 0600 hrs, anyway great memories of the Happy Home rub-n-scrub, and the last call at the SP hotel down town. BEST TO YA----- Laughing
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawadee kd4ybx Khup, Kun Sabidee Rue Khup?

Yep, I remember going there for a cool drink sometimes. I'm sure that we did meet, and if so, then you met my dog! Cool!

War Woof!

84rules
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Faces National Ensign and renders proper salute]

[Faces Officer of the Deck and raises hand to salute]

Request permission to come aboard! I am a thirteen year Veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Enlisted in 1984, did my active duty tour and then spent nine years in the Reserves. Received my final discharge in 1997. Final rank: Sergeant.

You can check out my Marine Corps website here:

http://frenchy84.tripod.com/marineindex.html
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! Batten down the hatches, and full speed ahead!

Friggin War Woof!

ThorAThorsonJr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

84rules wrote:
[Faces National Ensign and renders proper salute]

[Faces Officer of the Deck and raises hand to salute]

Request permission to come aboard!

I am a two year veteran of the U.S. Navy, stationed in Norfolk, VA. I served on USS Arctic ( AOE-8 ) from 05/95 to 05/96, and then transferred to Limited-Duty (LIMDU) to Naval Station Norfolk until my medical discharge in 02/97. I am 10% disabled due to Narcolepsy.

Although my time was short, I am a Navy brat. My father retired from the Navy after twenty years in 1981 as a Chief Patternmaker. My Grandfather served in the Navy during the '20s; an uncle who served in the Navy for six years active - twenty years in the Navy Reserves and retired a Commander; another uncle who served twenty-six years and retired as a Chief Lithographers Mate in 1989; and another uncle who served four years in the Navy as well.
Ron
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great site and I'm glad I found it. I was a Staff Sergent in the Air Force and spent almost two years based at Monkey Mountain, RVN ('67 - '6Cool. For better or worse, I haven't had a lot of contact with Navy vets, or at least not until the last few years. Recently, I've been working actively on behalf of the survivors of USS Liberty. We have set up a discussion board for that single issue only. If anyone is interested in supporting our Navy brothers, you can find it at http://usslibertyinquiry.com/forums .

I look forward to participating in this forum. One suggestion you might want to consider: over on the USS Liberty discussion board, we require everyone to use their real names. You would be amazed at what this does for responsible postings.

Keep up the great work!

Admin note:

Ron...I took the liberty of editing your link so it would work.
Welcome to the forum.

Jan, 67 - Nov, 68
http://ussliberty.org
http://usslibertyinquiry.com
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home Ron, and thank you for your service! Jump on in and start posting!

Bill Wigginton
USAF 70-74
SGT
Security Police K9
388th SPS K9
Korat RTAFB Jan 71-Jan 72

USN
First Class Petty Officer (Electricians Mate)
79-95
Desert Shield/Storm (Persian Gulf War) Aug 90 - Apr 91

Retired/Disabled

Ron
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bro' - right back at you. I got over to Korat a few times. We worked with the Thuds and Phantoms that flew out of Korat and Takhli. We also had to recover there once when a typhoon kept us from landing at Da Nang. The people there sure were a lot more friendly than in my neighborhood.
Jan, 67 - Nov, 68
http://ussliberty.org
http://usslibertyinquiry.com
masterblaster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Vets only Reply with quote

It's great to read the words of real veterans on this site. I was EOD in Cam Ranh Bay 1971. Only had 28 years in service, but loved being a part of it. Keep up the attack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 8 of 47

Jump to: