SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry believes that what he did was right
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next election? I'll bet that Hillary can bake more cookies in
Iowa than Kerry can shovel sidewalks.

Very Happy
Fox
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let's not forget to add Benedict Arnold to that illustrious list.
He and John Kerry have a lot in common. Except Arnold was a hell of a lot better soldier than Kerry was.

There is one other difference between Benedict Arnold and John Kerry. At least Benedict Arnold had the decency not run for President of the country he betrayed.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Quote:
At least Benedict Arnold had the decency not run for President of the country he betrayed.

How true.
Kerry should never have had the chance to do anything but break big rocks into little rocks. What a bad call Nixon made when he backed up from the war protestors. A few indictments and prosecutions of leaders of these movements, like Kerry, would have changed the course of history.
We need to make sure this sort of treachery never happens to America again. And we have work to do right now on that front cause there are groups out there trying to subvert our soldiers as we type.

Reference thread

Dusty
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, they have another thing in common... They both ended up on the wrong side of history.

Sorry for getting off topic, but is it just me, or are most of the active posters all from Texas?
Fighter Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Armed Services Commitee Reply with quote

The first senate committee that Hillary wanted to be on after being elected senator was the Armed Services Committee. Couldn't she get access to Kerry's records?

My next comment has to do with Hillary. I hear she is going to start going to a small church in Chapiqua, New York and change her stance on partial birth abortion. Bill Clinton advised that what the democrats need is "church" like going there, not actually having faith.

Hammer2 wrote:
Don't worry, Hillary and her secret police have 4 years to destroy Kerry. He couldn't keep the Clintonistas out of his campaign and he won't be able to stop the Clinton wing of his own party from destroying him permanently.
Hillary never leaves anything to chance, she will sew up her nomination before she even announces she is running.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. IMHO the only difference between the Democrats who are currently running the party is how they portray themselves to the public.

You have the Howard Dean/Kucinich/Wellstone faction who are proud leftists and not ashamed to say so.

Next you have the Kennedy/Kerry wing who are Communist sympathizers but would never admit it in public. They like to portray themselves as champions of the little guy.

Then there is the Clinton/Soros shadow party. They are just as leftist as the others, they control the money flowing into the party, and they pretend to be middle-of-the-road moderate Democrats. They are masters of image crafting, sound bites, spin, and the photo-op. So what Bill means is they have to look like America, and need to be seen as having whatever "Values" the latest focus group says they need.

The few not in the other groups are the traditional liberal Democrats like Evan Bayh & Leibermann who love America, are moderate on defense, and believe in the social safety net.

The old time Democrats in the tradition of Zell Miller, LBJ, John Kennedy, and Truman are now Republicans having been driven out of the party.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Senate not doing anything against "one of their own", I (am trying to) believe that in this election the people of this country SPOKE. If those in Washington want to keep their "jobs" I suggest they start listening and ACTING on our (their constituents) behalf! This campaign has taught me one POWERFUL lesson: we CAN make a difference and my letter writing, phone calling, etc. WILL NOT STOP!!!

Again, God Bless Each of You! I may be redundant with that, BUT I have come to have such strong feelings for you all...I'm sorry for being complacent all these years (even though I'm "only" 40).

Much love and respect!
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald Reagan lost PRIMARIES twice--not the presidency. He, Rockefeller and Nixon actively campaigned in the '68 primary. Nixon won, and then won election. In '72, there was no Republican primary. In '76, Gerald Ford ran as incumbent president and though support for Reagan was probably greater than for Ford, Ford won the nomination and lost the election to Carter. To my knowledge, Reagan lost nominations but NEVER lost an election. As usual, Kerry's wrong. I guess he didn't want to compare himself to Nixon (who DID lose an election but came back 8 years later to win).
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A major difference between Benedict Arnold and Kerry is that Arnold did what he did mainly for money and position - venal self-interest, in other words. He picked the wrong side (England) to be the eventual winner. A second major difference is that Arnold was a genuine leader and major combat hero of the Revolutionary War.

Kerry did what he did for ideologoical reasons, which attack the heart of what this country is, and the future viability of its basic values. That he even survived as a political possibility is testiment to both the effectiveness of his tactics and the damage to American values which he achieved.

What also helped Kerry were powerful patrons inside the government, like Kennedy and Carter, in the media, and the weakness of the administration (Nixon's) in not dealing with sedition in the way our laws and Constitution provided.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's mind is like a scratched vinyl record that keeps playing the same lying segment over and over again until it has become his own personal reality.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: