SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSNBC knocking on CNN's door, FoxNews clearly ahead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olympian2004
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: MSNBC knocking on CNN's door, FoxNews clearly ahead Reply with quote

Latest Cable News ratings as posted on drudgereport.com:

CABLE NEWS RACE
NITE OF WED, DEC 15

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2.2 [RATING]
FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES 1.8
FOXNEWS GRETA 1.7
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1.3
CNN LARRY KING 0.7
CNN AARON BROWN 0.5
CNN ZAHN 0.4
MSNBC HARDBALL 0.4
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 0.4
MSNBC OLBERMANN 0.3
CNN ANDERSON COOPER 0.2

And Anderson Cooper is lurking near John McEnroe territory on MSNBC.

The only way CNN turns around their primetime ratings is to hire someone like Rush to do a one hour show before Larry King Live. Rush would be doing a one hour show in the timeslot before Larry so the coattail effect would increase ratings for Larry King Live.

I would guess that a show hosted by Rush on CNN would probably average at least a 4.0 or better each night and Larry might end up consistently over a 2.0 because of the Limbaugh effect.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand why Dennis Miller isn't doing well...he's at the top of my viewing preferences.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: MSNBC knocking on CNN's door, FoxNews clearly ahead Reply with quote

olympian2004 wrote:
Latest Cable News ratings as posted on drudgereport.com:

CABLE NEWS RACE
NITE OF WED, DEC 15

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2.2 [RATING]
FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES 1.8
FOXNEWS GRETA 1.7
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1.3
CNN LARRY KING 0.7
CNN AARON BROWN 0.5
CNN ZAHN 0.4
MSNBC HARDBALL 0.4
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 0.4
MSNBC OLBERMANN 0.3
CNN ANDERSON COOPER 0.2

And Anderson Cooper is lurking near John McEnroe territory on MSNBC.

The only way CNN turns around their primetime ratings is to hire someone like Rush to do a one hour show before Larry King Live. Rush would be doing a one hour show in the timeslot before Larry so the coattail effect would increase ratings for Larry King Live.

I would guess that a show hosted by Rush on CNN would probably average at least a 4.0 or better each night and Larry might end up consistently over a 2.0 because of the Limbaugh effect.

If its politics Rush will demand the world, whereas if its espn hes just happy to be there. Rush loves sports to a fault, but as for politics you will pay heavily for his insight there. He is the king of political insight. As for market issues...

Rush makes 30 mill a year just for his radio program. No-one comes close to making that on TV. Now a bankrupt radio outlet called Sirrius offered howard stern 50 mill a year but he will be pressed to collect that money. Noone will pay to hear the idiot Stern talk, but people do pay and pay whatever they have to to hear Rush talk.

It is rumored Rush makes 70-80 million off of his internet site which would bring his total to over 100 mill a year, whereas you take the king of TV BOR and with TV, Radio and his internet he makes just at 10 mill a year. Chew on that.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a very big basement in the cable ratings race.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the Dennis Miller show, for me it is one of the best shows on the tube. He really is fair and balanced and damn funny to boot.

Looking at those ratings though I delight to see Larry King well bellow Greta!

It might be because of that bazaar baby kidnapping and scoot Peterson and all the 'legal' news to be covered. This said Larry King is getting his tuckus whomped and his the flagship talk show of the flagship cable news network.

I wonder how long it will take the money men to figure out the election results were not some bazaar fluke but rather a very strong mandate in the face of the dirtiest election in my life time.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

Quote:
I can't understand why Dennis Miller isn't doing well...he's at the top of my viewing preferences.

For the same reason Greta has the third highest rating:
PEOPLE ARE STRANGE!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Me#1You#10"]I can't understand why Dennis Miller isn't doing well...he's at the top of my viewing preferences.[/quote]

Laughing Its because Dennis the menace isnt news! Wink
but then again, either is O'le hardball Larry King Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: