SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portrait of a *******

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Portrait of a ******* Reply with quote

I heard about this on the Glenn Beck radio Show.

Man Wants Cash For Finding Soldier's Camera
NBC Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA -- A New Jersey soldier, who is being sent back to Afghanistan for a second tour of duty next week, lost his digital camera at last weekend's Eagles game.

The memory card in the camera had many pictures of the holidays with Spc. Elwood Wrigley's friends and family that he said were very precious to him.

Wednesday night, someone e-mailed NBC 10 to say they found the camera and offered it back, but at a price.

A man identifying himself as Michael Crook said he'd return the holiday photos for $1,000.

Part of the e-mail read: "I would be willing to ensure Mr. Wrigley gets his camera back for a fee. I would say $1,000 would cover it considering his memory stick is so precious to him. It sure looks like this family had a good Christmas."

Crook e-mailed some of the pictures to NBC 10 to see if they were Wrigley's pictures.

NBC 10's Vince DiMentri showed the pictures to Wrigley, who said they are not his photos.

Wrigley was shocked that someone would do this.

"That's disgusting. I didn't think anybody on the planet was like that," said Wrigley.

Wrigley's aunt agrees with her nephew. "I can't believe someone would do that. It's horrible. It's just horrible."

During a phone interview with NBC 10, Crook offered no apologies.

"I don't really do things out of kindness. It's a business world and I know it seems harsh but, you know, it is all about the money" Crook said.

Crook said he is from south Jersey and was with friends at the Eagles-Bengals game when he found the camera.

NBC 10 is still not sure whether this is a hoax or if Crook really has Wrigley's camera.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gives his last name as Crook and they're still unsure if it is a hoax? I think their investigative reporting department could use a little work.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Greed. Reply with quote

Ain't greed great? Someone should separate this "man's" throat from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: