SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has U.S. threatened to vaporize Mecca?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Has U.S. threatened to vaporize Mecca? Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin)

Check this link for the latest hypothetical from government people.

(Deleted by Admin)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42272
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Has U.S. Threatened to vaporize Mecca? Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
(Deleted by Admin)

Check this link for the latest hypothetical from government people.

(Deleted by Admin)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42272

Since I lived in Saudi Arabia, and have a lot of friends who are Muslims, I'll forgive your tarring ALL those who follow Islam with the same brush.

However, I agree that if we're attacked again, we should nuke Mak'kah. WITH the proviso that we give them 72 hours to evacuate. The good Muslims will evacuate. The Islamofascists will flock to Mak'kah. Win/Win, from what I can see.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note: As this topic has been featured in a WND story and as the concept of nuclear deterrence is quite real, I feel it's fair game for discussion here. This is not, however, an open door to expression of contentious (or perhaps worse) opinions on the Islamic faith.

Should you elect to contribute to this thread, please choose your words with care. I will delete without edit any further posts that contain even a semblance of hate or bigotry directed at the Islamic faith.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Well said, Doc. Reply with quote

Well said, Doc. A Truman cocktail should get their attention.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad idea any way you look at it. Not that some Islamists wouldn't consider doing in the Vatican or some such thing, but as a matter of course you are looking at the end of civilized reason. The thought would validate all kinds of havoc.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Bad idea any way you look at it. Not that some Islamists wouldn't consider doing in the Vatican or some such thing, but as a matter of course you are looking at the end of civilized reason. The thought would validate all kinds of havoc.

No, it's just an extension of MAD from the Cold War. Hurt America, and instead of a Holy site, you just have a hole.

I don't like the concept either, but you've got to admit it would have a powerful deterrent effect.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A doomsday device is not a pratical deterrant....
-Dr. Strangelove
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
GM Strong wrote:

No, it's just an extension of MAD from the Cold War. Hurt America, and instead of a Holy site, you just have a hole.

I don't like the concept either, but you've got to admit it would have a powerful deterrent effect.

Sorry Doc...not buying that. Mecca would be venerated by the Muslim faith in any form, to include that of a radioactive hole in the ground. Nor does MAD apply in this case, unless of course you'd invite a Millenium of American Defamation by a majority of the population of the planet.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the World Net Daily:

Quote:
White House NSC (National Security Council) members clam up tight if you begin to hint at it; and State Department neo-cons love to give their liberal counterparts cardiac arrhythmia by elliptically conversing about it in their presence.

This statement undermines allot of this articles credibility for me.

Remember Richard Clark assumed C. Rice knew naught of Bin Laden and Al Queda by way of his flawed assessment of her body language.

What would you expect some NSC guy to do if you asked them of such a ludicrous policy. As far as the 'neocons' at state
Quote:
elliptically conversing about it
good for them. I know if I were at a lunch table with a bunch of ideologues I'd go out of my way to make them squirm whenever possible.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Don't Believe Everything You Hear or Read Reply with quote

This whole concept sounds like a "Red Herring", planted by those who would like to stir up the Islamic World against the USA. I can't imagine President Bush using nuclear weapons against the holiest site in Islam. The man has too much honor for this to be true.

Could it have been floated as an option at the CIA or DOD? Of course since that is their job to present all available options. I can see “W” rolling his eyes on this one and dismissing it out of hand.

The Washington Rumor Mill is famous for sprouting more fables than Cherry Blossoms on a warm Spring D.C. day.

If you believe a third of the stories count yourself as an Idiot.

If you believe a half of the stories count yourself as a Moron.

If you believe more than half of the stories count yourself as a Liberal Democrat.

If you believe all of the stories count yourself as a CBS News Reporter.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: